• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An impressively vague banning. Clearly the mods are up on their gacha game news, I hadn't thought there was much info out about the game yet as its only in CBT in China.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Looking at the gameplay videos, I didn't see anything matching up to the material that caused the banning of the others. It just looks like it has the ship gameplay of the banned games with E7-style animated super attacks. Maybe something in Chinese has something that attests to/implies having a similar marriage mechanic as the banned games.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I think just the comparison to *banned game* was what got it flagged. Anything beyond that would require actual research about the game

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah OP compare it to Azur Lane and that its lmao

If its dont have marriage mechanic its doesn't need to be banned, but I guess its very likely.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah OP compare it to Azur Lane and that its lmao

If its dont have marriage mechanic its doesn't need to be banned, but I guess its very likely.
Even if it does, it shouldn't be banned. Persona has "linking", and those girls are underage. But yeah, if it's marrying some child looking loli, I get it.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it does, it shouldn't be banned. Persona has "linking", and those girls are underage. But yeah, if it's marrying some child looking loli, I get it.
Well this said game definitely gonna have those kind of character. So if this game selling point is "definitely voldermort gacha but you play the evil girl" then its gonna have all the feature that voldermort gacha had.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Antagonism surrounding the sexualized depiction of minors. Prior severe ban for the same behavior.
What's funny is that the one guy who complained about the other game, that led to the banning, has stopped posting on this site a long time ago.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonising another user
What's funny is that the one guy who complained about the other game, that led to the banning, has stopped posting on this site a long time ago.
I remember him also being really on the defensive when we said that the gacha games he was playing also had very borderline stuff, and that we should ban them too lol.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like he isnt anymore on ERA since i tried to @ him and the name doesnt come up lol.

Regarding that new banned game...its not for me, but just based on the screens in the thread about it seems a bit harsh. Then again i havent played any of these games and dont know how troublesome they are or get.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Then my memory is probably off - thought it was a user with a german name. Well anyway....good to see that he/she still has some gacha games to enjoy xD

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad we don't have to look at those nasty ship games and can instead focus on the nice and wholesome, constantly expanding Girls' Frontline™ universe. Only 4 days till the stream.
Really want to get into the game but always get overwhelmed. Do you have a good starting out guide?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Really want to get into the game but always get overwhelmed. Do you have a good starting out guide?

That's normal, the game's tutorials are laughably inept and the system creep makes getting into it extremely confusing, I think Jeff ChickenDig and SephiZack can attest as some of our newer joiners.

As for beginner guides there is no really perfect one but you can either try this short one or this long one.

We also have a rather active Discord in case you have questions. I expect it to get quite a bit of influx with GFL2 looming, including Einbroch for a whole fun two weeks.

Laice

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a own discord?
That's normal, the game's tutorials are laughably inept and the system creep makes getting into it extremely confusing, I think Jeff ChickenDig and SephiZack can attest as some of our newer joiners.

As for beginner guides there is no really perfect one but you can either try this short one or this long one.

We also have a rather active Discord in case you have questions. I expect it to get quite a bit of influx with GFL2 looming, including Einbroch for a whole fun two weeks.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still enjoying ToC but yeah...it needs a lot of work. If they can cut down on the time needed for everything (which they will be doing for standard quests thankfully with a future update) and the multitude of bugs, it'd help a lot. Raiding and the amount it needs to be done for raid drops is frustrating though.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Dupes tho. If they can fix the dupe system and make the account system not out of 2008 (seriously, free gems disappearing when switching OS?), I'd be right back on board, because those characters and that story are both very enjoyable.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, dupes are definitely one of the biggest issues right now (and the second event STILL doesn't give players universal shards for it). I get that it's early on in the game, but when you need five copies just to unlock their passive skill (and with power creep being a thing later, I'm sure), it'd be nice if they were a little more lenient with them. At this rate, the pool will just continually get larger, making duplicates more difficult, and me being unable to get a single passive skill. You can't even pull for duplicates for rte-up characters due to the rate-up being bad, so you're better off just going with a copy of whoever and hoping you manage to get copies of them over time.

It's just a mess.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Also the bugs. I know launch games are buggy, but Crestoria is by far the buggiest gacha I've consistently played. The launch bugs that are most annoying to me are the global chat bug and the resetting AP/BP/Arena ticket restoration timers when spending them, not to mention random new bugs like the one that causes the game to crash when looking at event bonus on my iPad that wasn't there at launch.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I tried it, couldn't stand it. It felt like a flash game to me, and I despise any game that outright stops re-rolling, as it forces you to link your account before you even start and deleting/reinstalling just pulls up the guest account. I get that re-rolling isn't NEEDED, since you can grind for most of the girls anyway, but if that's the case why prevent people from doing it? Just let them waste their time and re-roll for their favorite girl so they feel a personal investment in the game, don't take that option away from them.

I do hope those that enjoy it continue to enjoy it, though.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing dailies in Tales of the Rays since Crestoria came out and it's still just as damn good as I remember except with the generosity of the JP server.
There was an event with free 10 pulls every day, there's still a 0 stamina event going where all story missions cost 0 stamina, the daily grind is reduced by making grind stages drop tons of materials and only need to be run twice.
It's some good shit.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Here's some interesting news:
www.resetera.com

Idola: Phantasy Star Saga (gacha game) is seemingly getting an English release, open beta starting today News

https://bumped.org/idola/open-beta-idola-en/ Applying for the beta is done here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.boltrend.idolaen It's not available on the Play Store yet, so it's not known for what regions it's intended, it might be Southeast Asia only. For those that don't know...
Only English in SEA apparently, so the English translation will likely be...not consistent, nor will it likely show up in NA app stores. At least Android users can download the SEA app.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I tried it, couldn't stand it. It felt like a flash game to me, and I despise any game that outright stops re-rolling, as it forces you to link your account before you even start and deleting/reinstalling just pulls up the guest account. I get that re-rolling isn't NEEDED, since you can grind for most of the girls anyway, but if that's the case why prevent people from doing it? Just let them waste their time and re-roll for their favorite girl so they feel a personal investment in the game, don't take that option away from them.

I do hope those that enjoy it continue to enjoy it, though.
Yeah, it's trash but I have nothing else to play so why not... at least it's very quick to spend stamina. 😌

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Only English in SEA apparently, so the English translation will likely be...not consistent, nor will it likely show up in NA app stores. At least Android users can download the SEA app.
Why would you think that?!

ca0a0yj0p3f51.png

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Romancing Saga; Reuniverse has survey going.

docs.google.com

SaGa RS Player Survey (2020/8)

Dear players, Thank you for playing Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe (hereinafter SaGa RS). Please take the time to take this survey if you have any comments or suggestions for the game. Your feedback will help us improve the quality of your gaming experience. As a thanks for taking the survey...

As a thanks for taking the survey within the period below, we will give you 300 free jewels when the survey ends (limit one time per Player ID).

▶︎Survey Period: 2020/8/5 (Wed) - 2020/8/23 (Sun) 08:59 PDT
Estimate time to take survey: 5 mins

▶︎Survey Reward Claim Period: 2020/8/31 (Mon) 01:00 - 2020/9/14 (Mon) 08:59 PDT

We look forward to receiving your valuable feedback.

Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe Team

Going to fill it up too. Most likely saying something about speeding banners and giving NA / EU same reward possibility than Asia server got from FB likes.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Also this also happened in older Phantasy Star games, it's what happens when you romanize Dark Falz. I'm sure it will be fixed on the final release. Rest of the translation seems to be fine.
Well that's a relief at least.

I thought the game was only meant for SEA, but it seems like they're opening up the game to other Countries as well. It might be a "Global" launch after all, though nothing for NA/Canada just yet so here's hoping. I'd love to give it a try.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Does Romancing Saga let you sign in on multiple devices like Arknights/E7? After Crestoria I'm looking to add gachas that don't tie me to a single device.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Does Romancing Saga let you sign in on multiple devices like Arknights/E7? After Crestoria I'm looking to add gachas that don't tie me to a single device.

I think I tied my account to Facebook (playing NA server) due to hoping this might come one day to Amazon app. I have 2 android phones and I can use both of them to play same account. As to be sure I just made a test: Logged in to device nr 1. Force close app and log in via device nr 2.

As always I think between iOS & Android gems are not transferring, cant say for sure but I do know that people who play emulator and android phone keep their stuff normally.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think I tied my account to Facebook (playing NA server) due to hoping this might come one day to Amazon app. I have 2 android phones and I can use both of them to play same account. As to be sure I just made a test: Logged in to device nr 1. Force close app and log in via device nr 2.

As always I think between iOS & Android gems are not transferring, cant say for sure but I do know that people who play emulator and android phone keep their stuff normally.

I see, thanks~

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Just confirmed on discord Idola is going to be a global release when the final release is done. Let's hope that by then they fix... That lol

Though I'm also concerned the game isn't going to last too long, unfortunately, the game isn't that big in Japan already and most people only play it for the pso2 rewards which might not be available here

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it does kind of feel like it might be one of those games with a shorter lifespan, especially if they don't advertise it much (and even then...). I'm still interesting in giving it a try, but I don't expect it to live long. Just a feeling I have, but I hope I'm wrong.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
You guys really don't know how to let a grudge go. Azur Lane doesn't belong on this website, and I stand by that. You would do well to not defend games that allow the marriage of babyesque characters - it doesn't reflect well on you. I can't say about the newly banned game as I haven't seen or even heard about it, but given your tendency to lash out against rightful bannings, I will happily side with moderation on this decision as well.

Regarding IDOLA, I followed the game's course for a while as a fan of the Phantasy Star series, and it's got some of the most revolting designs and posing for its characters imaginable, including some that look very young. No marriage mechanic though, so you guys are free to enjoy if that's what you like.

Meanwhile, Tales of Crestoria has been the first gacha I've played in a long time, because I like the series and know it respects its characters enough to not degrade them. Playing gacha in general means putting up with questionable designs, but there is a limit to how much I can support with good conscience. Crestoria is an absolute no-brainer in that regard. Shame it's plagued by a myriad of issues that hold it back from success.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Antagonism surrounding the sexualized depictions of minors. Prior severe ban for the same behavior.
Jesus Christ give that high horse a rest you have the poor thing rid to death.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Yeah, it does kind of feel like it might be one of those games with a shorter lifespan, especially if they don't advertise it much (and even then...). I'm still interesting in giving it a try, but I don't expect it to live long. Just a feeling I have, but I hope I'm wrong.
It has Selvaria Bless in 3 different forms! I'll try it out for that alone!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest part of all this is the marriage hang up. You know in most of these games it's just a scene where the character says one cheesy line, a JPG of a ring shows up, and the screen fades to white/black right?

It's not like some deep wooing system where you go on dates then have this long ceremony and see some lewd art.

I would think you'd have much more of a problem with a game like FEH where the characters are literally little girls in wedding gowns or ToC where there are 15 year old girls in swimsuits rather than a stupid "wedding" mechanic.