• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
If inactivity didn't save the KC OT then I don't feel very confident about GFL either - good thing practically our entire discussion is in the Discord.

I wonder how safe the big ones like FGO and FEH are - you could make a case if you really wanted to.

edit: I don't know what said "bullshittery" is referring to.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Imagine the degeneracy that could have taken place in that thread at the breakneck 3 posts per week speed.

If they're targeting gachas with questionable underage material, I feel like that applies to most gachas.

Both FEH and FGO have questionably dressed lolis, so...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think the only "safe" OTs would be the anime ones (Dokkan, Treasure Cruise, etc.), Another Eden, Dragalia Lost, and the Final Fantasy's. Every other gacha you could probably scrounge up a case for a ban.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
As one of the few people who used the Kancolle thread, I was surprised to see the message and found out about all the stuff that lead to it. I don't disagree with the fact that the game is weird at times, but it seemed so strange to ban a thread with like 4 posters who post maybe twice a month... particularly when we didn't even post about the game's characters. Oh well.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rip again. Might as well ban Fate, GBF, Fire Emblem, and pretty much everything else too.

Edit: really most anime games could fall into this. Drop Persona too

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to go into all of the drama surrounding this, but it really does feel like anything Japanese-related is viewed through a magnifying glass here. It's unfortunate too, since 99% of the games I play are from Japan, and if this forum becomes a primarily western-only website, I'll probably have to find an alternative somewhere. I know there's Discord, so I could always go there if I need to, but as mentioned earlier, I prefer forums over message programs, so I'd rather not have it come to that.

Sad times, but I have a feeling things will only get worse from here on out.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I do think Dragalia Lost is safe at least, since there's no marriage mechanic and the lolis aren't underdressed.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well we haven't had a summer event in DL yet. But yeah, I can't see them doing anything too risque, although if they do a cute one-piece of a popular child character (Maribelle, for example) things could get dicey.

I really hope the FGO OT doesn't get shut down, that's my primary worry right now. :(

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I could definitely see Lily getting something, since she's water-based to begin with and an extremely popular character. We'll see how things go, I guess.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Well, as I understand, the main issue of the currently banned games are the marriage mechanics, which of the rest of gachas don't really have (unless you consider Valentine's events, which I wouldn't)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to go into all of the drama surrounding this, but it really does feel like anything Japanese-related is viewed through a magnifying glass here. It's unfortunate too, since 99% of the games I play are from Japan, and if this forum becomes a primarily western-only website, I'll probably have to find an alternative somewhere. I know there's Discord, so I could always go there if I need to, but as mentioned earlier, I prefer forums over message programs, so I'd rather not have it come to that.

Sad times, but I have a feeling things will only get worse from here on out.

Yeah, same. I like Discord, but I really need forums in my life, and this place is getting very hostile towards Japanese games and media. I really wish there was a better alternative that didn't just seem intent to ban discussion of all Asian media eventually.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Time for FEH to get the axe.

sanaki%20injured.png

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the FGO OT doesn't get shut down, that's my primary worry right now. :(
FGO definitely has content that could fall afoul of the same rationale used to close the other ones down, so I wouldn't count on it not getting banned in the future. Best case scenario will have its popularity shield it from action, but that's not a bet I'd want to make. Unfortunately decentralized communities like Discord, and to a lesser extent Reddit are about the only easy ways to side step a centralized moderation stance that you disagree with.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
FGO definitely has content that could fall afoul of the same rationale used to close the other ones down, so I wouldn't count on it not getting banned in the future. Best case scenario will have its popularity shield it from action, but that's not a bet I'd want to make. Unfortunately decentralized communities like Discord, and to a lesser extent Reddit are about the only easy ways to side step a centralized moderation stance that you disagree with.
I guess Discord it will likely be. :(

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Well, as I understand, the main issue of the currently banned games are the marriage mechanics, which of the rest of gachas don't really have (unless you consider Valentine's events, which I wouldn't)

The thing is, while the marriage aspect is a part of it, the other side is the lolis, and some gachas have extremely risqué depictions of said lolis that I could easily see be considered too inappropriate if a mod went digging. The exact mod wording on the threads is that they were banned due to their "content," and MANY gachas could fall under that upon scrutiny since loli characters are so ubiquitous in gacha games. It's a bit too nebulous at the moment to make a clear distinction.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are showing your asses a bit right now. Those of you that play Azur Lane will be well-aware of the kind of designs you can find on toddler-aged characters in that game. If you don't take issue with child characters like Kalk being married off to the player in a full-blown marriage ceremony, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are showing your asses a bit right now. Those of you that play Azur Lane will be well-aware of the kind of designs you can find on toddler-aged characters in that game. If you don't take issue with child characters like Kalk being married off to the player in a full-blown marriage ceremony, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions.

Just out of curiosity , what do you think about Lilibeth in E7?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Magia Record definitely isn't safe, especially with one of the magical girl's backstory.

She's a lesbian in love with her friend, who already has a boyfriend. She used her wish to brainwash her friend into loving her. She ofcourse eventually realizes this is wrong and lets her go, but there's no way that kind of content is gonna fly here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity , what do you think about Lilibeth in E7?

Lilibet is unacceptable, and I'd like her to not exist. I find it worrisome that a character like her would be introduced into the game as I fear it could be the start of a trend. Child characters can be done tastefully like Pyllis, but the intent in Lilibet's design and who it is meant to appeal to is clear as day. On the bright side, at least no 30 year old can marry her, so that's something?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I looked up Lilibeth and yikes...

Well then I'm not sure how either that or things like FGO's Chloe (especially ascension art) can be allowed, in a context where even KC gets axed.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure all the people who regret having their OT taken away who didn't care for those elements in their game and wish they didnt exist can feel a little better that their home was taken away by your self righteousness.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I looked up Lilibeth and yikes...

Well then I'm not sure how either that or things like FGO's Chloe (especially ascension art) can be allowed, in a context where even KC gets axed.

You probably found her old design. It got changed a bit that its not longer full blown awful.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure all the people who regret having their OT taken away who didn't care for those elements in their game and wish they didnt exist can feel a little better that their home was taken away by your self righteousness.

That's right, it's just a game. Starting at some point it shouldn't be worth throwing your morals away for. I don't regret my decision.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
Please note that the E7 Lilibeth most people refers to was never released as such (thankfully), and it was part of an art sketch that was never officially released (but leaked through a video).

Consider that E7 models are designed naked (in underwear) and the clothes are pasted on it, kind of like paper dolls.

The final Lilibeth character is fully clothed.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Lilibet is unacceptable, and I'd like her to not exist. I find it worrisome that a character like her would be introduced into the game as I fear it could be the start of a trend. Child characters can be done tastefully like Pyllis, but the intent in Lilibet's design and who it is meant to appeal to is clear as day. On the bright side, at least no 30 year old can marry her, so that's something?

And yet you play the game , it's ok to give a pass if it's on the game that you play I see

You probably found her old design. It got changed a bit that its not longer full blown awful.

Still a loli with skinny outfit, there's no way you have a problem with Azur Lane and not with Lilibeth