• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait. Azur lane is a banned game? How? What on earth

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Visual novel, GBF, E7, GFL, FGO, FEH all about to be banned. This site is hilarious.
Man, I hope not. This site is the source I use for my gacha communities as I don't particularly like Reddit. I guess I could move to Discord, but I prefer forum systems over chat programs. :/

I also learned that the Senran Kagura games are banned here? I had no idea.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Wow... will this thread also get locked since we regularly post trailers and talk about games that would get banned?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, guys, but I was the one that put in the ban request. Too many kindergarteners in that game, with creepy dialogue and a marriage mechanic to cap it off. It's too much even for a gacha game.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, guys, but I was the one that put in the ban request. Too many kindergarteners in that game, with creepy dialogue and a marriage mechanic to cap it off. It's too much even for a gacha game.

Honest question, but why could you just not go to that thread if it bothered you?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
What is their reason for this? This is fucking bullshit

That was just a hypothetical. Realistically, those games should be safe.

Honest question, but why could you just not go to that thread if it bothered you?

It is my belief that this site shouldn't permit discussion of games that objectify children to this degree. I apologize to those of you playing the game for other reasons, but hope you at least can acknowledge the presence of problematic content in the game that prompted me to contact those in charge here.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Excusing Content that Depicts Sexualized Minors
It is my belief that this site shouldn't permit discussion of games that objectify children to this degree. I apologize to those of you playing the game for other reasons, but hope you at least can acknowledge the presence of problematic content in the game that prompted me to contact those in charge here.

I never really seen it as objectifying children, tbh. I know Japanese culture is very different than American culture in this way, so I'm not surprised that some have an issue with it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It does seem strange to ban a game that's rated 12+ on the app stores, but what's done is done. I doubt the decision will be reversed.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The ad gacha in Revue Starlight continues to be great, I just got Pirate Suzuha! I knew it was something good when I saw the downloading prompt. I wonder if they'll continue to do it once they go through each of the 4* launch girls, or if they'll stop it there. It's insanely generous for what it is, I hope they keep it around. Plus it gives me something to look forward to every three hours, although I don't bother disrupting my sleep so it goes beyond that sometimes.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
6roWntm.jpg

Pre-registration is open for another Yokai game, Yokai Spirits Battle. If the phone number requirement puts you off, you can prereg on the App Stores too.
MMOCulture did a write-up on their try of the Taiwan server, which launched only 3 months ago.
It seems really cool. It leans really heavily into horror aesthetic. You get full control to explore maps to gather items, which are often dark, illuminated by your character's lantern. And for these segments they turn off the music, and rely entirely on background ambiance. In a dark forest you'll hear nighttime sounds of crickets, owls, and wolves, or in an abandoned house you'll just hear the sound of mice chirping and the wooden floorboards creaking. And while roaming you'll run into creatures that will attempt to chase you down, such as spirits, demons, amalgamates. But it pairs this with a good helping of campiness in the cutscenes and once battles begin.

Battle system is a fast-paced SRPG. And it seems fairly generous, offering a free daily login pull, 25 gems via daily missions (1/4 a pull), free daily PVP pull, and possibly more I haven't gotten to yet.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Facebook pre-register though. :/

You have to enter your phone number, as well? Whatever happened to the simple "Enter Email" and you're done? Pretty soon they'll begin asking for your social security number.

I won't pre-register, but the game does sound interesting. There's not a lot of horror gacha games out there. Actually, this might be the first?

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, a lot of SEA games requiring phone numbers recently. Thankfully it's also available to preregister directly on Google Play/AppStore to avoid those requirements.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know if you still get the pre-register bonus if you register that way?

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Afraid I don't! They don't verify the phone number so you could always use a fake number if you're fine with the Facebook login otherwise.
Here's the QooApp link for anybody who wants to try the Taiwan version. No large language barrier, it's super self-explanatory.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I do have a throwaway Facebook account I could use and it's nice to know they don't verify the number. I might go ahead and do that.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, holy shit, banned for saying a game with a PEGI rating of 12 (https://pegi.info/what-do-the-labels-mean) doesn't have particularly inappropriate content. I've never played Azur Lane so I can't comment on the content but it seems weird as an outside observer to see a game with such a low PEGI rating banned. Especially as, unlike ESRB, PEGI ratings are legally enforceable.

Pre-registration is open for another Yokai game, Yokai Spirits Battle. If the phone number requirement puts you off, you can prereg on the App Stores too.
MMOCulture did a write-up on their try of the Taiwan server, which launched only 3 months ago.
It seems really cool. It leans really heavily into horror aesthetic. You get full control to explore maps to gather items, which are often dark, illuminated by your character's lantern. And for these segments they turn off the music, and rely entirely on background ambiance. In a dark forest you'll hear nighttime sounds of crickets, owls, and wolves, or in an abandoned house you'll just hear the sound of mice chirping and the wooden floorboards creaking. And while roaming you'll run into creatures that will attempt to chase you down, such as spirits, demons, amalgamates. But it pairs this with a good helping of campiness in the cutscenes and once battles begin.

Battle system is a fast-paced SRPG. And it seems fairly generous, offering a free daily login pull, 25 gems via daily missions (1/4 a pull), free daily PVP pull, and possibly more I haven't gotten to yet.

I like the art style and it looks interesting but a less than 1% rate for SSR's and a terrible auto battle system are pretty off-putting for me to be honest.

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, seems Revue Starlight is skipping the New Year's event and heading for the Cinderella event.
Weird for them to start caring about being timely with seasonal stuff now.

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, holy shit, banned for saying a game with a PEGI rating of 12 (https://pegi.info/what-do-the-labels-mean) doesn't have particularly inappropriate content. I've never played Azur Lane so I can't comment on the content but it seems weird as an outside observer to see a game with such a low PEGI rating banned. Especially as, unlike ESRB, PEGI ratings are legally enforceable.

Might help to actually look up the game before commenting on it. The only reason why it's rated the way it is is because that's it's rating when it first came out, they don't have to rerate it with each update. The cg loading screens have only become lewder as updates are released and many of the skins you can buy have a lewd factor to them, keep in mind that most Destroyer/Submarine class ships are varying ages of clearly young girls and they are not safe from the lewd.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I like the art style and it looks interesting but a less than 1% rate for SSR's and a terrible auto battle system are pretty off-putting for me to be honest.
Their write-up doesn't elaborate on it but the pity system the game uses is +.015% per pull until an SSR is obtained. So after 10 failures the rate would go from .83% to .98%, and after 100 failures from .83% to 2.33%. At a rate of 2.25 pulls a day (assuming there aren't additional daily tickets beyond the content I've unlocked so far) to hit 100 failures, assuming you don't pull one sooner, would take 44.4 days. So I'd expect one to get a free SSR every 2 months even with bad luck. We'll have to see how important SSRs even are, or if the 100 <SR pulls are enough to work with instead. But at the very least, you get two particular free SSRs as a log in gift right now (I assume it's standard and not an event) at Day 3 and Day 5, and you should be able to reroll an SSR if desired (the tutorial missions grant up to 4 free roll tickets, plus the daily roll for as many as 5 pulls a roll). Assuming everything stays the same, of course. Plus, we get SSR Shadow Person for prereg.

And I wouldn't put too much stock into their suggestion that auto is unreliable, but rather, that it's non-optimal like it is in pretty much every other game. I was playing on full-auto beyond the first couple of tutorial fights and never lost a single one thus far. This includes for 10 straight PVP battles. I'd expect that turning auto off is something that you'll only need to when challenging high-level content for the first time, or higher ranked PVP matches, but otherwise auto should be good enough for farming otherwise. Which is good, auto that could complete everything efficiently would render the entire SRPG gameplay meaningless!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might help to actually look up the game before commenting on it. The only reason why it's rated the way it is is because that's it's rating when it first came out, they don't have to rerate it with each update. The cg loading screens have only become lewder as updates are released and many of the skins you can buy have a lewd factor to them, keep in mind that most Destroyer/Submarine class ships are varying ages of clearly young girls and they are not safe from the lewd.

Why would I look up the game? I'm not commenting on it or its ban. I was simply remarking how odd it looked to see someone banned for ostensibly saying a 12 rated game wasnt that objectionable. Also as far as I'm aware you are wrong about not having to get re-rated. Since 2015 PEGI has used the IARC rating system for all digital only content, which is specifically designed to have a constantly updated rating to deal with digital platforms and updates. But perhaps I've misunderstood how the IARC process works and it is as you say.

Their write-up doesn't elaborate on it but the pity system the game uses is +.015% per pull until an SSR is obtained. So after 10 failures the rate would go from .83% to .98%, and after 100 failures from .83% to 2.33%. At a rate of 2.25 pulls a day (assuming there aren't additional daily tickets beyond the content I've unlocked so far) to hit 100 failures, assuming you don't pull one sooner, would take 44.4 days. So I'd expect one to get a free SSR every 2 months even with bad luck. We'll have to see how important SSRs even are, or if the 100 <SR pulls are enough to work with instead. But at the very least, you get two particular free SSRs as a log in gift right now (I assume it's standard and not an event) at Day 3 and Day 5, and you should be able to reroll an SSR if desired (the tutorial missions grant up to 4 free roll tickets, plus the daily roll for as many as 5 pulls a roll). Assuming everything stays the same, of course. Plus, we get SSR Shadow Person for prereg.

And I wouldn't put too much stock into their suggestion that auto is unreliable, but rather, that it's non-optimal like it is in pretty much every other game. I was playing on full-auto beyond the first couple of tutorial fights and never lost a single one thus far. This includes for 10 straight PVP battles. I'd expect that turning auto off is something that you'll only need to when challenging high-level content for the first time, or higher ranked PVP matches, but otherwise auto should be good enough for farming otherwise. Which is good, auto that could complete everything efficiently would render the entire SRPG gameplay meaningless!

That sounds better, as you say an "Ok" auto is fine.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to a combo of this Revue event being a bit more generous with lotto currency and me finally having enough girls of a variety of elements level up so I can have a mostly on element team, I'll be 1/4 of the way through the final lotto box when the event ends which I'm VERY pleased about.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to level up/evolve all of the girls I got (thanks to the ad gacha), but gold is a massive headache. I haven't even bothered grabbing the cheap shards from the shop since I can't use them anyway, since I'm at near 0 gold.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got my Amaterasu Hikari to 6* and Rank 7.3, just need more event Pieces (and gold) to get those last skill panels. I managed to get all the "main" lotto boxes in the event thanks to all the stamina the ad gacha gives, just hoarding today's daily stamina until the next event comes online.

I got "forced" into Platinum by two of the people in the Rank-Up Revue literally surrendering before I could... Might be a rough month ahead for chests...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The hell? KanColle too?

I wasn't a part of that community, since the game never launched officially in English, but it sucks for those that were. :/

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, FGO might get a pass. I'm surprised the Destiny Child OT is still open, but I don't think anyone uses it so it wouldn't be missed if it did lol

I presume these actions are regarding the recent bullshittery being spread towards the site in the last few days.