• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/game-creators-tease-2019-ambitions-in-weekly-famitsu

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a feature on game creators' ambitions for 2019, featuring comments from a total of 119 creators.

Here are the notable tidbits:

001. Arc System Works' Daisuke Ishiwatari

Keyword: Sunrise.

In recent years, I've heard the word "eSports" from every direction, but the fighting games that Arc System Works specialize in also target eSports. There may be more opportunities for fighting games now than ever before, and the number of users with newfound interest in the genre might increase. As for us, we will seriously explore how we can contribute to that industry now more than ever. However, we have to polish the fun and essence of our games to ride this wave and not get washed away. Rather than one of many titles, I should concentrate on creating a few noteworthy titles.

Latest Report: Secret.

004. Idea Factory's Norihisa Kochiwa

2019 Keyword: New.

I want to challenge more and more new things since there are suspicions of a new era and new platform(s).

008. Atlus' Kazuyuki Yamai

2019 Keyword: Nervousness.

Latest Report: Shin Megami Tensei V is in earnest development. I apologize that we haven't been able to put out any news. Time is necessary to create all the details in Unreal Engine 4. I would appreciate it if everyone could wait a little longer for more news.

017. Capcom's Michiteru Okabe

2019 Keyword: My keyword is pioneering. I believe that we have pioneered not only specific fields, but also unexplored lands.

In 2019, I would like to take on new trials more than ever before, and since we're having discussions with many different people, I would like to work hard to be able to realize that.

Latest Report: On March 8, 2019, we will release Devil May Cry 5. There are things [about it] that we haven't announced yet, so please look forward to more information.

029. Koei Tecmo's Kenichi Ogasawara

2019 Keyword: Deliver the culmination of the current generation!

I think 2020 will be a year of great movement, and not only for the games industry, so in order to get a good grasp on changing needs, I would like to increase our speed and flexibility in dealing with various matters.

Latest Report: First, enjoy Dragon Quest Builders 2, which was developed by Omega Force! I may also be able to announce my own title sometime around Golden Week!

2019 Focal Point: It seems there will be big announcements regarding new hardware and platforms soon, so I will be paying attention. The state of censorship trends in China is also worth checking out.

048. Square Enix's Tomoya Asano

2019 Keyword: On a new land.

In 2019, I have a bit of a different challenge from what I've done previously (Octopath Traveler and the Bravely series). I'll do my best! The 11th Business Division is developing multiple games. There should be something that makes everyone happy! It will take some time before we're able to share news, but please look forward to it!

054. Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase

2019 Keyword: Long-awaited!

I want to work hard to satisfy the expectations of the fans!

Latest Report: Mobius Final Fantasy currently has a collaboration with Final Fantasy VIII! Of course, development on Final Fantasy VII Remake is moving along well!

062. Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura

2019 Keyword: 7.

Various announcements are planned.

Latest Report: Kingdom Hearts III has gone gold, but I'm not entirely relieved [that it's done].

069. Spike Chunsoft's Yasuhiro Iizuka

2019 Keyword: Wow!!!

In 2019, we're preparing to announce unannounced western titles and new projects. I will do my best to make even just one more person interested in Spike Chunsoft, or to hear a lot of people say "Good job, Spike Chunsoft!."

Latest Report: In early 2019, I think I will be able to share various information about Kazutaka Kodaka's new title AI: Somnium Files.

076. Sega Games' Yokoyama Masayoshi

2019 Keyword: Long short festival.

Latest Report: Please support Yakuza Online! Also, development on the new console game starring protagonist Ichiban Kasuga is well underway. Please look forward to more news!

081. Sony Interactive Entertainment's Keiichiro Yoyama

2019 Keyword: Comeback.

While the thought never occurred to me during the year, 2018 was a troubling year where one thing after the next didn't go as expected. We had the opportunity to speak with Siren fans of 15 years at the "Siren Exhibition," and I was able to get motivation for making games in the future, as well as big hints. In 2019, I want to turn over a new leaf and go full power from the very beginning!

088. Nippon Ichi Software's Gen Suganuma

2019 Keyword: Offense is the greatest defense.

I'm making preparations to release new console games in 2020, in 2021, and even in 2022! Or maybe I should say, I'm working hard to release them forever!

Latest Report: I will announce one of them… Look forward to it!

094. Bandai Namco Entertainment's Keita Iizuka

2019 Keyword: Restart.

My first goal of 2019 is to deliver Code Vein to everyone. We have kept everyone waiting since the delay, but I would like to resume activities worldwide as we head towards release. At the same time, I would like to make preparations for what's next. Also, this is personal, but I'd like to restart the game I stopped halfway through and clear it…

106. Platinum Games' Atsushi Inaba

2019 Keyword: Pioneering.

It seems that 2019 will be a really intense year, and that we're going to tread unexplored territory. There are also many things I need to learn that I don't already know, which is difficult, but I'm excited for it. I want every year to be an intense year.

Latest Report: We will release various new news in 2019. But I can't say anything yet.

115. Mistwalker's Hironobu Sakaguchi

2019 Keyword: Turning over a new leaf.

I'm starting a new project. I want to do my best to turn over a new leaf.

Visit the link for much more.

Last edited:

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Oh my god! ReFantasy maybe coming next year??!!
SMTV doesn't seem to be a 2019 tho.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
101. Bandai Namco Entertainment's Katsuhiro Harada
We were supposed to start up an enormously large-scale project in 2018, but it unexpectedly vanished due to event that no one saw coming, so we'll recharge and start fresh again from scratch. I foresee the seemingly long journey that is 2019 as having new experiences and trials, but I have no choice but to prepare. I would also like to reduce my overseas business trips in 2019. For 10 consecutive years, 50 percent of my work days were overseas, it's pretty strange to begin with. Also, since Hajime Tabata settled on the specifics for his new JP Games, Inc. office location and opening date, I'll be going to the office ahead of opening to stick and leave

Lol Harada

hichanbis

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Okay SMT V definitely not releasing in 2019.
News about ReFantasy on valentine's day => HYPE

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
106. Platinum Games' Atsushi Inaba

2019 Keyword: Pioneering.

It seems that 2019 will be a really intense year, and that we're going to tread unexplored territory. There are also many things I need to learn that I don't already know, which is difficult, but I'm excited for it. I want every year to be an intense year.

Latest Report: We will release various new news in 2019. But I can't say anything yet.
i smell switch games

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hey can you please not copy and paste all that?
Btw Sal, the entry for 69 should read Uchikoshi and not Kodaka right? AI is Uchikoshi's new game.
Okay SMT V definitely not releasing in 2019.
News about ReFantasy on valentine's day => HYPE
That's when the Catherine rerelease comes out. Don't think he's talking about Re:fantasy.
Oh my god! ReFantasy maybe coming next year??!!
SMTV doesn't seem to be a 2019 tho.
I don't think we'll even get it in 2020.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017

Please don't forget the mad man.

I hope Daisuke Ishiwatari can make a breakthrough. It's funny how ArcSys's situation is very similar to PG as their outrsourced works tend to be more well-received.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the next RPG by Asano is NOT another old school style JRPG, but instead a more progressive one, but still turn-based. Like c'mon, turn-based doesn't have to mean 16 bit or 32 bit style graphics. I'd like to see a Bravely Third game with bigger production and modern visual designs (no chibi or retro art), but still set in medieval fantasy with job classes and turn-based combat.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the next RPG by Asano is NOT another old school style JRPG, but instead a more progressive one, but still turn-based. Like c'mon, turn-based doesn't have to mean 16 bit or 32 bit style graphics. I'd like to see a Bravely Third game with bigger production and modern visual designs (no chibi or retro art), but still set in medieval fantasy with job classes and turn-based combat.
There's a chance it's Tokita's project? I have no idea what that'll be.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
081. Sony Interactive Entertainment's Keiichiro Yoyama
2019 Keyword: Comeback.

While the thought never occurred to me during the year, 2018 was a troubling year where one thing after the next didn't go as expected. We had the opportunity to speak with Siren fans of 15 years at the "Siren Exhibition," and I was able to get motivation for making games in the future, as well as big hints. In 2019, I want to turn over a new leaf and go full power from the very beginning!

Part of me wants to hope that the mention of Siren means that Sony will do something with the IP. At least release the first two games on the PS4 in Japan.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
017. Capcom's Michiteru Okabe

2019 Keyword: My keyword is pioneering. I believe that we have pioneered not only specific fields, but also unexplored lands.

In 2019, I would like to take on new trials more than ever before, and since we're having discussions with many different people, I would like to work hard to be able to realize that.

Latest Report: On March 8, 2019, we will release Devil May Cry 5. There are things [about it] that we haven't announced yet, so please look forward to more information.

0PoH4NJ.png

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, does Nintendo not allow their devs to speak? It seems they are never part of these interviews

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
092. Nihon Falcom's Toshihiro Kondo

In 2018, the Trails of Cold Steel series concluded, and the Trails series that I've worked on for many years reached a big pause. In the future, I'm thinking I would like to continue supporting the series while giving it a fresh start. Additionally, perhaps daringly, the Ys series will depict Adol's adventure in an atmosphere different from what we've seen before. Positioning 2019 it as a year of various restarts, I will do my best.

Good, just the time we need for the West to catch up.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

Bukkoro - Yoko Taro (NieR)

-NieR:Automata became a hit, and I got a lot of jobs, but this won't continue for long.

-I think I'll start falling down from 2019, but dying alone is lonely so I'll bring as many ppl as possible

-Current status: I think something happened but I forgot

😂