• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually a member of this girl's community on NicoNico, haha. She's very...expressive, always cool to see.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw that Twitter thread earlier and it's so wholesome, it was refreshing to see such positive reactions after all the terrible discourse DQ has brought today.

Not gonna lie, it's very in line with my reaction too, especially the girl screaming at "Loto" lol. What a great day.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
LOL
Basically this all over the world?
Lc4X87O.gif

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Its a great series, and it looks like more freedom was given to Sakurai for DQ than FF. Lol all we got was Cloud and he was pretty much not much better than what a fan would come up with.

Not sure whats with Square and the FF series, I love 14, but it seems more like the series overall is surviving on its name brand more than anything else. Won't even let Smash have more than the bare minimum for entry.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It just puts a smile on my face watching these! People's happiness is infectious <3

Also I can understand Japanese a little, it's funny to hear them say the same kinds of phrases we use in English in reactions. Stuff like "Thank you Sakurai!"

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
I quite like their reaction to Banjo's reveal.

Side note, It's pretty funny seeing Japanese peoples confusion over whatever the hell The Dark Crystal is.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Its a great series, and it looks like more freedom was given to Sakurai for DQ than FF. Lol all we got was Cloud and he was pretty much not much better than what a fan would come up with.

Not sure whats with Square and the FF series, I love 14, but it seems more like the series overall is surviving on its name brand more than anything else. Won't even let Smash have more than the bare minimum for entry.
Pretty well documented that Sakurai asked to use Cloud, actually. The poor music representation definitely sucks though.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love the alts are basically the fan-favorites (and the most recent one) Erdrick and the DQ4 hero are amazing.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
These are really fun to see. So many westerners shit on Hero for being Sword Goku or some nonsense, but Dragon Quest was destined to make the Japanese fandom absolutely lose their minds.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
I need that Duck Hunt gif! I laughed way too hard to that.
I was pleasantly happy seeing the DQ heroes being in the game, very glad!

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Cool, will watch.

I reacted very strongly to this too and it got the Direct started with a bang.

The Luminary design isn't my cup of tea but I love Erdrick and the DQ8 design.

I've been wondering how the JP fans would react to this.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This guy pretty much has a religious experience over the Banjo trailer.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, some fans called the DQ reveal a bunch of expletives this morning in the stream. I'm glad they ended with Banjo because the Banjo crowd appeared to have not taken the DQ reveal well and it was sad to see such an iconic franchise with a long long long history with Nintendo finally getting representation in Smash.

Era and the Smash community sometimes exist in their own fandom bubbles and I could sense there wasn't a lot of excitement of DQ x Smash. But we have to keep in mind Smash sold 14+ million units so far and will keep selling and there are other fandoms out there.

Happy Console Gamer has a similar reaction to DQ reveal