• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How come no one told me about this band before

Fun fact: The singer, Michelle Zauner, is not actually Japanese but South Korean-American

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
They're also doing some music for an upcoming game "Sable"

I have been getting into them recently as well with the release of Jubile. They have a fantastic back catalog as well.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I heard them at the Summer Games Fest, I wasn't impressed. I will listen to the above before making a judgement.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Road head? lol I clicked that being afraid of what I was about to add to my watch history, and now after watching it, Im just afraid.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this thread was going to be about that TikTok where you get the packages of pancakes and fried chicken in a Japanese 7-11 to make a bomb ass sandwich out of them.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this thread was going to be about that TikTok where you get the packages of pancakes and fried chicken in a Japanese 7-11 to make a bomb ass sandwich out of them.

I came for Jbrekkie love (her latest album is great) and got great combini breakfast tips for whenever I manage to get back to Japan. Win win!

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the new album from Secretly Society (well worth a membership, IMHO) this week. It's a pretty solid LP.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
traditional-japanese-breakfast-2030063-ADD-FINAL-V4-e3201988eda94df39b6d611107db9a76.png

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah they are. The opening track on the new album, Paprika, is going to be hard to top for my song of the use.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I discovered her music when someone I follow on Twitter retweeted her tweet that said "DIE BITCH!!!" When it was announced that Trump got COVID.

I thought I'd check out her music and fell in love with it.

I think she was forced to delete it though because I can't find it anymore.

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
Saw her open fo Belle & Sebastian a few years ago and until that point hadn't had an interest in her music but she put on a good show, and I warmed up to them. Then she's been just ubiquitous this album cycle, which could risk overexposure if everything she was doing wasn't so good. Really enjoy the new album.

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
They've been on my radar for a few year, but none of her stuff has really hooked me. This last album is really damn good though, I may try the older stuff again to see if it's changed my opinion.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I knew of her but it wasn't until the cool Sable tie-in that it clicked how good she is.

another favorite of mine:

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
They're great, the new album is damn good.

They played 15 miles away from me a couple of years ago and I didn't know until after :( One of my fave songs of theirs...

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
There's an older version of Posing In Bondage from 2-3 years ago which is cool and a bit different to the version on Jubilee

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
The women co-staring in the Be Sweet video fronts Mannequin Pussy which is a band I like a lot. JB not bad tho!

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Jubilee is quite good. Seeing them and Mannequin Pussy in Asheville next month. My first concert post-COVID lockdown, so stoked.