• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you urine while sitting or standing

• I sit

Votes: 560 61.5%
  • I stand and aim red

Votes: 126 13.8%
  • I stand and aim blue

Votes: 26 2.9%
  • I stand and aim green

Votes: 79 8.7%
  • I stand and aim yellow

Votes: 119 13.1%

• Total voters

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My own home and at friends I always sit. But public bathrooms always standing

dyelawn91

Jan 16, 2018
Broke my foot in February and was forced to start sitting when I peed, and just never went back after it healed. Sitting is comfier and way more hygienic.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to stand and aim for yellow, but my wife is Japanese and this study came out while her mother was staying with us last month, and they both insisted I start peeing sitting down.

Funny thing is one of the reasons I had completely stopped peeing sitting down is because I did it one morning when I was a kid and I guess I had an erection so the pee went straight under the toilet seat and on my P.J. My mom asked how I could pee my pants so bad and I told her it's because I was peeing sitting down, and she said, "What kind of an idea is that?"

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I've been a sitter since I was a little kid, funny enough. I always noticed pee splashing when aiming yellow and my (actually diagnosed) OCD drove me to do it. Even while sitting I'd hold my bits so they aim downward. My dad thought that was weird as FUCK. I was always pretty sure he though I was sneaking masturbation on the toilet. Didn't care.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Damn I'm a yellow stander, didn't know that was the worst place to aim, I know sitting is gonna have less pee going everywhere but I like my butt to be clean and don't like touching the toilet seat.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
hgHrEoK.jpg

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there's any science as to the psychological profile of those who aim for what.

I am yellow myself. Aiming red just makes too much noise, and I think blue is kind of taking too much of a risk (also are you right on top of the thing to do that?) No comment about those who aim green.

Also, I technically do sit as well, but that's just because if one partakes in 2, you will partake in 1. At least I assume that's normal.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
This is why you should pee fully nude and sitting down at home.

Public bathroom though, standing all the way. But the trousers will immediately go into the washing machine once I'm home.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really don't understand why people pee standing up.
Especially with short pants or in underwear. Stuff gets everywhere. Or do you just not mind getting pee all over your legs?

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure the hygiene-conscious gents at Era will take heed.

Yes, but the amount is reduced by a factor of up to 12:1 by putting the lid down before flushing.

The splash from flushing with the lid down sprays all over the bottom of lid then drips back down on the toilet seat so you're sitting in your own piss.

Put a little toilet paper in the bowl and piss standing for the superior method.

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
The splash from flushing with the lid down sprays all over the bottom of lid then drips back down on the toilet seat so you're sitting in your own piss.

Put a little toilet paper in the bowl and piss standing for the superior method.
And the best method to reduce splash is to float a piece of toilet paper in first
oshikko-13.jpg

oshikko-14.jpg

Which result in no outside or inside
oshikko-15.jpg

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been preaching this for ages. Time for men to grow the fuck up and stop being so disgusting.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone ever pissed while standing in the nude, while feeling all the splashback on your bare legs? Sit down to pee, gentlemen.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I ain't peeing standing in my own toilet! Everyone else toilet? Be sure that I'll be pissing standing cause I don't trust y'all other sitting and peeing!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
It is more efficient? Like, do people not clean their houses?

I am getting serious "i don't wash my toilet vibes from this thread". It is literally 1 minute of work. Get a cloth with soap, wipe the outside, use the brush on the inside, flush, done. And you should be mopping or washing your floor on the regular too. Sink as well. Lots of spit from brushing your teeth and what not linger in the bowl.
lol yes, we have a regular cleaning service. But you do you - I'd rather not have piss on my floor and sink for any period of time, and am kind of confused why anyone would, and why standing up to pee would be the reason it's worth it. But if it is, have at it.

But I imagine it's literally because people clean their bathrooms that they notice what happens with standing to pee.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
I don't understand this weird obsession lots of people have about it somehow being strange / wrong to sit while peeing if the option is available.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it at all and you're gonna make less mess doing it so hooray!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Always sit to piss unless the toilet is so disgusting that sitting isn't an option.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sit at home and stand in public bathrooms. I clean my bathroom so i already noticed thats true and i started to sit due that.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Sitting changed my life for the better. The are no consequences for poor aim, no piss droplets getting on you, and you can unleash your full power. I've cut porcelain.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In college, urinating in stall. This dude next stall was shitting while wearing sandals. I pissed dead center in water, but I saw that splash in slow mo fly out and land right on his foot. He shook, but it can't be helped. Anyways, sit at home. You likely getting some urinal water splash back.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
I mean you should sit and pee and put the lid down when flushing, i do the one but not the other, so halfway there i guess

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
It ain't gonna kill you. Bear Grylls drinks his pee and he is a fine, healthy adult.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife is Japanese and after we started living together we instituted a couple of 'house rules' each. We gave each three 'musts' and #1 on her list was sitting to pee.

I have come to see the light.

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
Sitting is weak and unmanly.

Very little actually splashes out the bowl, and the substance that does is not just urine but also water from the bowl. If it was as big an issue as they make out, you would get urine steins all over the wall, and toilets would smell of piss, which in my experience didn't happen.
So the toilet needs to be wiped occasionally - big deal.

Pissing standing up is much more satisfying. Nothing beats the pleasure of standing up and having a slash after a few pints of beer.