• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I will keep my expectations super low.

New fighting game announcements are definitely being pushed back for obvious reasons.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pgyo.gif

is Capcom back?

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I don't know what to expect from Capcom here since they already said they'll do a livestream on August 5 to talk about the new characters.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Setting my expectations to" capcoms gonna talk about how great sfv is doing and show a grand total of jack shit* just so my hopes and dreams cant get crushed again.

Somebody needs to put some new batteries in the damn clock already cus it has to be THAT time again....please lol

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know why, but I was super convinced July had 30 days and it would be August 1 tomorrow @_@

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will skip all the topical corporate apologist BS in whatever this round table becomes and just wait for the actual announcements.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I don't know why, but I was super convinced July had 30 days and it would be August 1 tomorrow @_@

Good thing Japan is in a future time zone, so the stream is in less than 19 hours from now. Unless you are japanese, then sorry. Sucks to be bamboozled by expectations.

Last edited:

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
It's bad enough the original dev team (AM3) was ultimately merged into the two remaining AM groups, but in terms of "pumping out Virtual-On", the god-awful anime crossover game that only released in Japan on PS4/Vita and literally no one asked for was bad, and aside from that no original content of any kind has been made since Virtual-On Force all the way back in 2001. After that it's really only been ports, and despite now having released a compilation of the three main games, it's only available in Japan too!
That last VO game was straight up a monkey's paw wish if I ever seen it.

Nah VO/Index was a good game actually. Its like Oratario Tangram

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
Nah VO/Index was a good game actually. Its like Oratario Tangram
I mean there is still a Virtual-On game in it, so it's hard to mess that part up, but it's buried beneath several layers of unnecessary crossover content. As a direct result of this, the game has now been delisted from the PSN store. The fact that it was the series' "grand return" after not having received a new game for over 15 years was just a bigger slap in the face.

Just to be extra real here, what do you reckon the venn diagram is between the niche fanbase of Virtual-On and the already-outdated Index series is? I'm guessing it's not huge.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Setting my expectations to" capcoms gonna talk about how great sfv is doing and show a grand total of jack shit* just so my hopes and dreams cant get crushed again.

Somebody needs to put some new batteries in the damn clock already cus it has to be THAT time again....please lol
You know they already announced an SFV season 5 reveal for the 5th, right?

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020
A new Pokken surprise would be interesting, considering Bamco is there. And considering they just gave the game a free to play pass for a week, there's a possibility..

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, we're not getting any character reveals for SFV until next week. The most I would expect beyond generalized discussion would be a possible narrowing down of contestants for the costume design contest, assuming they've actually sorted through the ones they liked best already.

Jun 5, 2020
But isn't the game developed by Bandai Namco? Nintendo is just the one publishing, but Bamco has pretty much the control to decide whether they go on with the development. Harada is the one who produced it
Yes, it's developed by Bandai Namco but Nintendo would have the final say about its reveal. They would want to show it at one of their events (e.g. Direct).

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020
Time will only tell I guess. Nintendo doing the free-to-play for it to grab more players just gives me some hope that maybe they'll announce something in the near future (Nintendo). But maybe Bamco could perhaps reveal a "hint" of some sort

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I wish Murray wasn't commentating it in English, but beggars can't be choosers.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, still tho I cant see anything big from them in this.

I mean it totally made sense for them to be bringing something for sfv to this until they announced that they're showing sfv stuff only a couple days later so now I'm torn because its like I can absolutely see capcom just talking for their entire segment about industry stuff and producing fighting games and then plugging their sfv stream at the end.....but then on the flip side its like hey they could totally still show something , like why show up and not have something cool to show?

So yeah I'd fuckin love for them to be like *AND HERE'S MARVEL 4!* but realistically I have a hard time seeing them announcing any new games here, its the perfect place...but yeah....prove me wrong capcom.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it, hopefully it isn't all just dull talk lol. Gonna make some predictions for what gets shown;

Tekken Memorial (Collection of 1-6 and both Tag games), maybe a T7 S3 tease or reveal
Setsuka and Hwang for SC6
King of Fighters XV teaser
Probably Elphelt or someone else from Xrd for GGS
Rollback coming to FEXL and maybe Ace

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes please!! Although Harada has seemed reluctant in the past about porting the older games.

Yeah I'm not confident in it happening but he asked on twitter if people wanted it a while ago and got a pretty strong yes so maybe he finally took the hint lol. I'm mostly basing it off the recent Tekken Memorial trademark which, while it could be anything, makes me think of a collection (a memorial of the entire series or something lol), so fingers crossed!

GuiltyGB

Apr 6, 2020
Looking forward to anything Guilty gear or Soul Calobur related.

Another beta for gg would be great.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I would buy a Tekken collection in hopes of pushing more publishers to realize there IS a market for retro 3D fighting game collections.

Though I do wonder, they would probably have to limit themselves pretty significantly for a Soul Calibur Collection. Edge, Calibur 1 and Calibur 2 Online and Calibur 3 Arcade would all be great, but 4 might have to be based on the PSP version (without Kratos) and I sorta doubt they would even attempt to port 5. All of the other spinoffs seem like they would be a waste too.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
But isn't the game developed by Bandai Namco? Nintendo is just the one publishing, but Bamco has pretty much the control to decide whether they go on with the development. Harada is the one who produced it
Bandai Namco has 0 say in the marketing process of the games they develop but doesn't fund/produce.
In this case, Nintendo and especially Pokémon Company decide where and how to reveal it. Same as Smash. Really doesn't matter who make the game when it comes to marketing. Nintendo and Pokémon Company would never announce a new game here lol

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, do not expect stuff even hinted at if the publisher is not there. Nintendo games and stuff like GranBlue are not going to be here at all, I sorta even doubt Dragon Ball FighterZ will have any announcement even.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Alright... I've got my Jurassic Park pajamas on and a shaving can hidden compartment container filled with MOUNTAIN DEW HIGH VOLTAGE GAMER FUEL in my hand. Am I ready for the inevitable return of Primal Rage?!

OP
OP
The Turbanator
Oct 25, 2017
Publishers have the say in what a game generally looks like and how it's marketed. Nintendo in particular is a really strict publisher in terms of their conditions, and TPCi is EXTREMELY strict in their presentation, to the point that they enforce the exact color, position, and font size of the Pokemon logo and the box art.

Also Bamco develops Smash, but it definitely is Nintendo that determines how it's handled.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So, will there be a common stream channel or each company will have their own stream on their channels?
For English, common stream channel (Bamco US).

In Japanese, each company is basically streaming the same stream on their own channels (apart from KT).
edit: actually KT changed their mind and it will be on the JP DOA channel too.

Last edited:

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready to be dissapointed, I feel like they will not show anything about KOF 15 besides the logo and maybe a cgi trailer.