• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
The new design is to have more bubble in the beer, and also safer to open without hurting your mouth or hand.

a037f265.jpg

pZiSn56amJ6Yrg.gif

www.asahibeer.co.jp

アサヒスーパードライ|生ジョッキ缶・生ジョッキ缶大生|アサヒビール

生ジョッキ缶・生ジョッキ缶大生。生ジョッキ缶と大ジョッキ缶大生をおいしく楽しく飲むためのコンテンツをご紹介します。
blog.esuteru.com

【!?】アサヒビール、「蓋を開けると自然に泡が出てくる新しいビール缶」を発表!どうなってんだこれ!? : はちま起稿

はちま起稿:【!?】アサヒビール、「蓋を開けると自然に泡が出てくる新しいビール缶」を発表!どうなってんだこれ!?

Or do people drink it like this?
pZiSn56bj6WYqA.jpg

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I can't see this working too well. The phased the old design out because people kept throwing the sharp tops on the ground and people would step on them

These look like the edges aren't sharp, but I don't trust it too much

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The new design is to have more bubble in the beer, and also safer to open without hurting your mouth or hand.

a037f265.jpg

pZiSn56amJ6Yrg.gif

www.asahibeer.co.jp

blog.esuteru.com

pZiSn56bj6WYqA.jpg
I have never seen someone shotgun a beer in Japan, but it must be the way.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I can't see this working too well. The phased the old design out because people kept throwing the sharp tops on the ground and people would step on them

These look like the edges aren't sharp, but I don't trust it too much

Nebraska Brewing Company has been doing this with their cans for a couple years now. No sharp edges.

2-D80-AD01-5633-4564-8-DB4-B5955744618-F.png

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'll never get over Japanese advertising using quotations for emphasis. I've seen some pretty funny ads with stuff like "FRESH" MEAT hahaha

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Haha I think I remember seeing something at an airport or bus terminal or something wishing everyone to have a "safe" and "enjoyable" trip
That's fucking scary. I hate when I get threatened implicitly by public transportation.
If you're gonna drink a Japanese macro lager, its Premium Malts. Hands down the best of the big yellow fizzies.
Why have a lager when you can have a "lagar"?
np_file_63153-scaled.jpeg

Nov 1, 2017
I've had a few Sly Fox beers that have had this type of can. I actually didn't open it correctly on the first one I had and had a very small sipping hole, I learned real quickly after that!

Oct 30, 2017
sapporo did the exact same thing like 20 years ago. i guess i will have to see how the technology has developed since then

grand

Oct 25, 2017
So it can get flat even faster? Unless you are chugging them, I don't see the necessity of this change

Also it means less aluminum that's recycled

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Is Nest Beer still going strong? I miss that place, beer yes but their restaurant and the umeshu they made was amazing

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
My father-in-law got this thing last year and went on a kick of opening all his diet coke cans with it.

Can't say it made me a convert but it was an interesting kitchen toy.

OIP.PkVBhspOU1K0Pu69zWtRbQHaEK

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
The same thing is going to happen as when you are hammered and trying to open one of those One Cup Sake things. The force needed to open, or how hard you are trying to steady it, will knock it off balance in your hand and you will end up wearing the top third of the fucking thing, guaranteed.

Anyway, I didnt read the article but I am sure it is just a spring promotion as they sometimes do something for hanami season. Which will be "off" again this year, I would imagine. I can see this being dreamed up ages ago for that reason. "Hey it is like the beer is already in a glass when you are out in the park! The little ladies will love it!"

Deleted member 24097

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
AB owns Kirin now..and it's not brewed in Japan.

Not sure if that matters to you.. Just saying.

No. AB has a license to brew the Kirin brand for the US market and Kirin has a license to brew Budweiser for the Japanese market.
But both are different companies belonging to different groups with no ties other than that two-way agreement.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

a037f265.jpg

pZiSn56amJ6Yrg.gif

www.asahibeer.co.jp

blog.esuteru.com

pZiSn56bj6WYqA.jpg

Found an english article
soranews24.com

Asahi Super Dry to sell draft beer in a can

Can they really pack a full draft beer experience in a can?

0106_2a-e1610003209645.jpg

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
No. AB has a license to brew The Kirin brand for the US market and Kirin has a license to brew Budweiser for the Japanese market.
But both are different companies belonging to different groups with no ties other than that two-way agreement.
Ah gotcha. Regardless, if you live in the states and you drink Kirin, it's brewed in the states. That's all, no biggie.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
this exists already in a bunch of craft beer designs. mike hess brewery in San Diego does this for theirs.