• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyburn

Oct 29, 2017
The street profits stuff got old after about two weeks

If they did it like once a month or twice a month it would be not overkill.

But every week it is lame.
Remember when the fans liked shouting, "Burn it down!" during Rollins' intro so the WWE looped it several times during his next intro to the point it was almost nonstop?

If a little is good, how can any amount be too much?!

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gran_fan_huddle.gif

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
the filthy father will remove the essence of the hairy wrestling fan's poetry with sheer force

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out that tuning in to try to understand storylines for Rumble wasn't necessary, as there really aren't any. Cool. Cool cool cool.

That was awful in general, worse as a go-home show. Well, at least I'm reminded as to why I don't really watch this anymore.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't watch Raw and haven't in months but I pick up things from here and other message boards. Maybe my sense of time is warped because I don't watch it but

Rusev and Lashley are STILL feuding?
Andrade and Rey are STILL feuding?
Drew McIntyre is STILL having random meaningless singles matches?
Erick Roawn is STILL squashing people?
Aleister Black is STILL squashing people?

Hasn't all this shit been going on for like months now?

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys Matt Hardy is trending on twitter whats goi.....oh..

Also Val Venis is trending what's that abo...oh..

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Re-watching Dream Slam ahead of my POST appearance tomorrow. Show still rules.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
So I don't watch Raw and haven't in months but I pick up things from here and other message boards. Maybe my sense of time is warped because I don't watch it but

Rusev and Lashley are STILL feuding?
Andrade and Rey are STILL feuding?
Drew McIntyre is STILL having random meaningless singles matches?
Erick Roawn is STILL squashing people?
Aleister Black is STILL squashing people?

Hasn't all this shit been going on for like months now?
from what I gathered on twitter today, that's a big YES to most, if not all, of those questions

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lately I been watching this Finnish promotion, some decent matches here and there. It was nice to see Sadie Gibbs in this one, even if she is facing Ivelisse Vélez (mental illness are just in your head, concussed Tessa [wait, that probably makes her less cancelled]) and Meiko Satomura (watch the post match celebration to see a wholesome moment). Gibbs has a lot of potential, but she is still too green. Even with Ivelisse and Meiko guidance she gets lost. She really needs to wrestler multiple time a week to keep improving.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The other promotion I been watching is TPW from Turkey. Shanna vs Natalia Markova was a really good match, worth watching. Markova is a star, she knows how to get heat! She is great at striking and playing an opportunistic heel. Someone give her a chance at the USA or Japan.

Know anything about her Flammable D ?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The other promotion I been watching is TPW from Turkey. Shanna vs Natalia Markova was a really good match, worth watching. Markova is a star, she knows how to get heat! She is great at striking and playing an opportunistic heel. Someone give her a chance at the USA or Japan.

Markova gets booked in SHINE regularly and EVOLVE sometimes

she actually holds a title in SHINE if I'm not mistaken

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Lately I been watching this Finnish promotion, some decent matches here and there. It was nice to see Sadie Gibbs in this one, even if she is facing Ivelisse Vélez (mental illness are just in your head, concussed Tessa [wait, that probably makes her less cancelled]) and Meiko Satomura (watch the post match celebration to see a wholesome moment). Gibbs has a lot of potential, but she is still too green. Even with Ivelisse and Meiko guidance she gets lost. She really needs to wrestler multiple time a week to keep improving.

Yeah that's the story on Gibbs. They were right in picking her up before wwe got a chance but they need some kinda developmental for her. Shame how the Stardom stuff went down as that would have been the ideal place for her.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Turns out that tuning in to try to understand storylines for Rumble wasn't necessary, as there really aren't any. Cool. Cool cool cool.

That was awful in general, worse as a go-home show. Well, at least I'm reminded as to why I don't really watch this anymore.
tenor.gif

I always expect main roster shows to be dog shit, but even I am pretty surprised they are heading into the Rumble with ZERO build. Reading those results it sounds like a random nothing Raw in the middle of the year (other than the ladder match).

I assume they will do Rumble related things on Smackdown, but lol they gave Raw roster nothing.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Man, I love seeing these high production wrestling promotions like this pop up all over the world over this past decade.

Wrestling doesn't have the mainstream popularity it once had, but it's amazing to see it take root internationally. It's going to be great for the future health of the business and hopefully bringing in some new ideas.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
What was the latest on them actually getting paid by said regime? Last I recall, they'd been paid several months late for around $60m and were still waiting on more.
They should probably just put on another show for the Saudis and hope they feel like letting their workers leave the country.

I mean, they absolutey will just keep putting on shows there. WWE will still get paid something probably. It'll be interesting to see how many refuse to go this go around.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Markova gets booked in SHINE regularly and EVOLVE sometimes

she actually holds a title in SHINE if I'm not mistaken

Evolve and Shine? No wonder I heard about her via a Turkish promotion. Gabe promotions are so life and heatless this day.

Yeah that's the story on Gibbs. They were right in picking her up before wwe got a chance but they need some kinda developmental for her. Shame how the Stardom stuff went down as that would have been the ideal place for her.

They should try to get her to DDT/TJPW for a year. AEW was smart on signing her, because she has a lot of potential, but they lack the infrastructure to develop her until she is ready for tv.

Man, I love seeing these high production wrestling promotions like this pop up all over the world over this past decade.

Wrestling doesn't have the mainstream popularity it once had, but it's amazing to see it take root internationally. It's going to be great for the future health of the business and hopefully bringing in some new ideas.

Yeah, I was surprised how big it looked. The crowd was kinda markish too, a big plus.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
A 23 year old Chris Jericho adds it to his list

What was the latest on them actually getting paid by said regime? Last I recall, they'd been paid several months late for around $60m and were still waiting on more.
At the last event they were still waiting to be paid for the previous event, to the level it impacted their earnings call and shined a big light on the fact it's a shitload of money and comes with a level of risk. As such Vince threw his weight around at the event, threatened to pull the live feed locally and the murderer paid his bill. To fuck with Vince for strong arming him into paying they fucked with the wrestlers and made them stay an extra day to remind them they are nothing but pawns in the games of billionaire shit stains.

So here we go again. Will this be the last time Anderson's kids see him? Will another female wrestler have something thrown at them on the way to the ring? Will Lance Storm get the big Blood Money payday he's been asking for?

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

"Your ship sucks" and "fuck that boat" chants at another cruise ship passing by. May wrestling fans never change. #JerichoCruise

Status
Not open for further replies.