• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Not only him, also the traitorous snakes like the lawmakers who voted against certifying Biden win.
These ppl, all those who when asked didnt agree with the peaceful transfer of power before Jan 6th...may have been after too. Cant remember now, but I remember the GOA holding up the certifying process.

All these bastards need to be held accountable for something.

....because the election being stolen was and is a fucking lie.....

So, as an elected official....you cool with going along with a bastshit conspiracy?

This is Trump's full statement about not knowing her:

This is how they're going to discredit her. By claiming she perjured herself repeatedly because Trump wouldn't give her a job.
They can try.....but it would be good if anything she said can be backed up by someone else....or documents.

She perjured herself...and yet there was witness tampering before her testimony?

Does not add up.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
McCarthy trying to put Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz in the committee and being told no so he took his ball and went home instead will go down as one of the most epic self-inflicted blunders in the history of man

Yep. Just imagine that, every time the Chairman, Bennie Thompson, said "without objection", some shitheel Republican objected. Imagine the gaslighting in cross-examination and opening/closing statements. And the coordination with Fox News on right-wing talking points. Maybe even Trump-friendly witnesses.

It would've been a complete shitshow. McCarthy being a baby about it - quite possibly at Trump's direction - is what allowed these hearings to be the show-stoppers they have been. And now Trump is mad at McCarthy over it. Just a small bonus on top.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neither of these things are happening.

You guys have completely lost it. Y'all seem clueless as to the purpose of these hearings.
What value does this sort of post add? Please pause and show some introspection before rushing all over multiple threads to minimize the impact and implications of these hearings.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This is Trump's full statement about not knowing her:

This is how they're going to discredit her. By claiming she perjured herself repeatedly because Trump wouldn't give her a job.

The Trump Cycle beings again.

- Claim to not know the person or be unaware of the thing he is accused of
- Hypothetically entertain he did the thing the person he's sandbagging said he did
- Openly admit it like it's no big deal

Y'all already know he's going to do it. He's going to say "of course I did it! I had a Great Country to save!" or some other stupid shit with Randomly Capitalized Words.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
"We got him this time" take 3098

Seriously, Trump has done so many obviously incriminating things already. I don't see how this is any different. Tomorrow he'll punch a baby to distract us from this and it will work.

Public perception is always important, but it's much less so now that he's out of office. Him seeing consequences is no longer a political process like the impeachments were. DOJ is investigating the whole thing. If they are able to build a strong enough case to get a reasonable chance of conviction, they're pretty much assured to go ahead with it. If not, they won't.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

A lot of Republicans want Desantis now, not Trump and you are seeing it in the confusion it's causing right wing talking heads over the past few weeks. They don't know how hard to go in because some still think Trump is the best bet but others see Desantis as the better option. I think Brett is a Desantis guy.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I know some of yall talked about it...but it didnt register to me that Flynn pleaded the fifth....on a peaceful transfer of power.

Like wtf....lol.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of Republicans want Desantis now, not Trump and you are seeing it in the confusion it's causing right wing talking heads over the past few weeks. They don't know how hard to go in because some still think Trump is the best bet but others see Desantis as the better option. I think Brett is a Desantis guy.

They know DeSantis won't make this kind of idiot issues. The DeSantis destruction of Democracy will happen exactly the way they want it.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
Predictably, the more important the news, the more of the "nothing will happen" crowd comes out of the woodwork to spread their sickness.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I truly, truly hope that something substantial will come from this. My worry is that the ones who CAN make things happen simply WON'T do it because they don't want to rock the boat.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

Congressional committee hearings resume in a couple of weeks. DOJ continues investigating from their end. The former is more about PR/optics, the latter is more about real-world consequences, if there will be any. I think it's pretty much a slam dunk that everyone up through Meadows is in real trouble. Whether or not they make it all the way up to charging Trump will be the wooleybooger. Can't count on it, can't rule it out. Too early to say yet.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News is already covering other stories as if they're the Big Deal of the day. Really, really trying to suffocate what we learned here.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Predictably, the more important the news, the more of the "nothing will happen" crowd comes out of the woodwork to spread their sickness.

Eh.

Politically this could be poison... But legally? Still unconvinced. And it would have to be a slam dunk case for Garland to pursue it. I think it's okay to be skeptical that this is going to lead to some kind of prosecution.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

People expecting nothing will happen is understandable because... nothing ever happens. People saying this also won't effect the outcome whatsoever so I don't know why some get upset about it. The legal system doesn't see skeptics online and say "oh they are doubtful of ramifications I guess he should go free."
I think everyone would be more hopeful if they weren't told every single week that Matt Gaetz was going to be arrested.

Again our cynicism of powerful people being punished has no effect on anything.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I've always thought that when you plead the fifth amendment, you have to plead it for everything, no matter how small or obvious, except maybe "what is your name?"

"Is the sky blue?" "Fifth!"

Maybe? I'm honestly not sure. I figured people did it for stuff they didn't want to answer for/if they were mad.

Also kinda forgot for a second that the lawyer asked for a moment, talked to him off camera, and re-asked the question only for that to be his answer.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Predictably, the more important the news, the more of the "nothing will happen crowd" comes out of the woodwork to spread their sickness.

I want something to happen. I need something to happen. I know things have technically been happening already and I'm not belittling the importance of what has happened and is happening, but nothing has stopped this feeling of impending collapse for the past several years.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff8ae14c4-e5cd-43d5-b520-332e00ec4b52_1920x1080.jpeg

Lol.

politiquerepublic.substack.com

The J6 Committee's Emergency Hearing Included Fantastic Claims Against the President the Members Knew was False.

Democrats had previously conducted video depositions of both Secret Service Agents involved in the incident Cassidy Hutchinson's testified to - both testified that she had been misinformed.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
People expecting nothing will happen is understandable because... nothing ever happens. People saying this also won't effect the outcome whatsoever so I don't know why some get upset about it. The legal system doesn't see skeptics online and say "oh they are doubtful of ramifications I guess he should go free."
I think everyone would be more hopeful if they weren't told every single week that Matt Gaetz was going to be arrested.

Again our cynicism of powerful people being punished has no effect on anything.

Lots of powerful people from the Trump administration were indicted and found guilty.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017