• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Looking forward to the shift to blaming a scapegoat.

I'm assuming they'll keep up the witch hunt rhetoric concurrently too. Because reason doesn't matter.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
It's a handy reminder that all of these Republicans that have been testifying about what they did to prevent overturning the election were and are still Republicans, meaning they've been tacitly approving of everything Trump is and has done during his time in office, and did not speak out against him until forced to by congressional subpoena. They'd all be more than thrilled if he'd won the election normally, or even if he cheated out a win in a way that wouldn't have immediately implicated their own involvement.

I keep thinking back to that photo of the two shitty old white dudes with the "I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat!" t-shirts and...yeah, that still holds true for a lot of the country. They'll take an openly authoritarian dictator surrounded with rich-get-richer oligarchs over anything that would potentially mean rich folks giving up some of their wealth for common benefit, or benefits of any sort given to minorities they don't approve of. January 6th didn't change any of that.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Will have to watch yesterday's hearing it once I get home, was too busy at work (🤐) yesterday and met a friend for the first time since pre-Covid, but it sounds like it was...bad.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Thanks. Interesting second part, guessing they can't amend the two term limit without a Supreme Court 2/3 majority is it but hey only guidelines the way Republicans walk over everything.
They can't ammend it with out 2/3 majority of STATES calling for a Constitutional Convention. Which would probably lead to an entire rewrite of the whole thing honestly. It is also a Herculean task.

Or 2/3 of both Houses of Congress drafting and voting for an ammendment that is then ratified by 3/4 of the State Legislatures. Which is also a Herculean task.

The Supreme Court can't touch or ammed the text of ammendments only interpret what they mean. By being amendments to the Constitution they are by definition Constitutional.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Trump was repeatedly saying in his campaign speeches that the only way he'd lose was if there was massive fraud. He laid the groundwork before any evidence could possibly exist. It wasn't an off the cuff remark but rather written purposefully into the speeches. We all knew it on this site but the groundwork was being laid long before the election. It's so poisonous to democracy that it's hard to believe that 2nd amendment types would go along with this while still claiming to protect liberty.

Haven't followed the hearings closely but the surrealist aspects of this are still hard to grasp for me. At the very least I hope the hearings poison his 2024 run.

He actually did the same thing in 2016 - said A) that if he lost, it was fraud and B) said he'd accept the result "if I win". And, after winning, he demanded an investigation of the popular vote that he lost, because he wanted to win* that too.

Trump not accepting the election result was not just predictable, it was an absolute certainty. The lengths he went to were/are surprising to many, apparently, but all that was predicted, too. Including right here on Era, many times. And I do mean all of it. The fake electors, the state legislatures, the justice dept, the court cases - all of it.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Mike Pence said in an interview a few days ago that the Jan 6th committee is a "distraction" and kissed Trump's ass as hard as he ever did. And also said the election was fraudulent, but that the courts should've overturned it, not him personally.

https://news.yahoo.com/pence-says-won-t-let-002735359.html
It's a pretty tough race between Pence and Cruz as the GOP's most pathetic, bootlicking invertebrate. I'm expecting one of them to show up at a Trump rally and just lay prone at his feet to cross the finish line

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mike Pence said in an interview a few days ago that the Jan 6th committee is a "distraction" and kissed Trump's ass as hard as he ever did. And also said the election was fraudulent, but that the courts should've overturned it, not him personally.

https://news.yahoo.com/pence-says-won-t-let-002735359.html

Why can't they just be honest then retire to wherever with their millions. Do they think when the US goes full fascist they wouldn't knock his door if they toe the lying line right now or it's just keeping the door open to making money being involved in the corrupt political set up.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't they just be honest then retire to wherever with their millions. Do they think when the US goes full fascist they wouldn't knock his door if they toe the lying line right now or it's just keeping the door open to making money being involved in the corrupt political set up.

Mike Pence is not very good with money. His Congressional career ended because he was dipping into campaign funds to pay mortgage and groceries, and he took the Vice President job because he was broke.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Witnesses for tomorrow. Unlike the other hearings, this one will air at 3pm ET.

Also, sounds like there will be a hearing on the subpoenaed docuseries. And I guess Discovery+ bought the rights to it.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), the chairman of the January 6th Committee, said on Wednesday that the hearing schedule will continue into July.

A reason: Newly obtained evidence, including footage from British filmmaker Alex Holder, who is scheduled to speak to the committee on Thursday. Per Politico, Thompson called the footage he had seen "important," but declined to elaborate.

Deadline can reveal that the three-part series – Unprecedented – has been bought by Discovery+. We understand that former BBC executive Greg Sanderson, who was previously an exec producer of the British public broadcaster's documentary strand Storyville, had been working with Holder on the project.
deadline.com

Discovery+ Behind Mystery Donald Trump Docuseries That’s A Reason The January 6th Committee Will Extend Hearings Into July; Trailer Released — Update

EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), the chairman of the January 6th Committee, said on Wednesday that the hearing schedule will continue into July. A reason: Newly obtained evidence, including footage from British filmmaker Alex Holder, who is scheduled to speak to the committee on Thursday...

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
They absolutely should not give him an oppurtunity to embarrass the committee in real time on national television. Interview first.

I agree. One of the nicest things about these hearings is that the GOP, in their wisdom, refused to accept having a 50% representation on the committee. So we're spared their gaslighting and projection for once. Don't put him on live, nor Ginny Thomas, either. Taped and edited, or fuck off to Fox News.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
uhhh there's was a documentary team following them all this time?
lmaooooooooooo
Yup, during the final 6 weeks of trumps presidency. Apparently none of his close staff members knew about it, and the doc was directly coordinated with trumps family lol

A source familiar with the production of Holder's documentary, titled Unprecedented, told Rolling Stone that the film was conceptualized and coordinated directly with the Trump family, and that senior campaign staff was not involved in approving participants or in decisions regarding what subject matter would be included in the film. The source, who is knowledgeable about the project and its scope, detailed that Holder had extensive access to Trump campaign activities, including filming behind the scenes at campaign events and traveling with documentary subjects.

www.rollingstone.com

'What the F-ck Is This?': Team Trump Blindsided by Jan. 6 Committee Getting Doc Footage

The Jan. 6 committee subpoenaed filmmaker Alex Holder, who says he had significant access to Trump and his family around the 2020 election.

Lmao I think it was one of the idiot fail kids.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, during the final 6 weeks of trumps presidency. Apparently none of his close staff members knew about it, and the doc was directly coordinated with trumps family lol

www.rollingstone.com

'What the F-ck Is This?': Team Trump Blindsided by Jan. 6 Committee Getting Doc Footage

The Jan. 6 committee subpoenaed filmmaker Alex Holder, who says he had significant access to Trump and his family around the 2020 election.

Lmao I think it was one of the idiot fail kids.
Between this and the Proud Boys documentarian, this may be one of the most well documented coups in history.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Between this and the Proud Boys documentarian, this may be one of the most well documented coups in history.
Yup and I can't wait to see the new footage tomorrow. These hearings are actually giving me hope that trump himself may be charged, or at least the committee will reccomend charges to the doj. I feel like a lot of people will go to jail.

These hearings have been so damning the doj has to do something. But I dunno, trumps done enough stuff in the past where he shoulda been already in the slammer. But this feels different. Plus even Fox News is airing the hearings, so maybe Murdoch is gonna kick trump to the curb and start backing desantis.

But yea this was a very well documented coup. These dumb fucks were filming everything lol

Oct 26, 2017
I agree. One of the nicest things about these hearings is that the GOP, in their wisdom, refused to accept having a 50% representation on the committee. So we're spared their gaslighting and projection for once. Don't put him on live, nor Ginny Thomas, either. Taped and edited, or fuck off to Fox News.

These hearings so far have been very tightly choreographed. So I'm sure they will do a behind closed doors deposition first with the actual staff lawyers. And if there's anything good, then they'll have him basically repeat the same thing in public. And if he goes off script, they can just shut him down and play the tape. And which btw he would also risk perjuring himself.

That said, the fact he even said this is a testament to how effective and legitimate the hearings have become even in the eyes of some conservatives.

Nov 1, 2017
www.rollingstone.com

ErncqkvW8AIx4md