• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Man, they were REALLY looking for ways to keep Trump president. Pence clearly would have done it if there was any wiggle room at all. Scary stuff, man.
They were desperately trying the alternate slates of electors. That was the whole reason they called Georgia.

They'll try this again given the opportunity.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird, it sounds like these guys were looking hardcore for away to overturn the election legally.
Doesn't make Pence look that great if you ask me.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Well if the Vice President was so of the mind that he didn't have this power to override the will of the people, why did he consult with lawyers and former Vice Presidents to confirm the same? Cmon now. Let's stop the nonsense. Pence was looking for someone to tell him he could do what dear leader wanted.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Are they trying to prop Pence up to make him look like a viable alternative to Trump in '24?

Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing how emboldened these fucks got that they thought they could do all of this with zero repercussions. And they are going to keep thinking that if the DoJ does nothing after these hearings.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
So Luttig's point is that the historical basis of Eastman's argument is nonsense and if he were part of that team trying to use that argument he would have killed himself before allowing Pence to use that justification.

Jan 7, 2021
What this judge is saying is absolutely damning. His cadence may be criticized but it should absolutely not be out higher than what he is actually saying.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
So Luttig's point is that the historical basis of Eastman's argument is nonsense and if he were part of that team trying to use that argument he would have killed himself before allowing Pence to use that justification.

This is all helpful in convincing prosecutors/judges that Eastman and others can't claim as a defense that this was all good faith legal advocacy.

PuddingTame

Oct 25, 2017

Luttig speaks a bit more naturally in this interview but is by no means a good public speaker. Given his law background he is probably choosing his words....very....very...carefully...to...construct...pristine...sentences.

Oct 30, 2017
I keep re-reading the 12th amendment and I cannot see in what context it could be argued that the amendment allows the VP to select the President. The annotation even states that the 12th amendment was ratified because of the Jefferson/Burr debacle. It was enacted as a means to prevent this from happening, not the other way around.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Wow--so it's really obvious that Trump himself pushed Eastman to reject the electors because Eastman refused to recommend in the night before.

What this judge is saying is absolutely damning. His cadence may be criticized but it should absolutely not be out higher than what he is actually saying.
Yep. He's a good witness. Definitely speaks slowly but the stuff he said was really solid.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
"Wouldn't it be cool to have that power?"

"I don't want to be your friend anymore"

Oct 28, 2017
Trump to Pence:
PortlyBossyFlies-max-1mb.gif

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
About the Trump tweet "The vice-president and I agree that he has the power to act":

"Whomever put out that statement".

Time to indict Trump's tweet writer, the real criminal here.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is crazy. So on January 4th, there was a meeting with Jacob, Eastman and Trump; where Eastman conceded that it was illegal. Eastman argued that the court's wouldn't get involved because of the political nature and so they should just reject the electors?? Then Eastman showed up the next morning at Pence's office to continue pushing him?

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
This is some legit kindergarten shit. What a sad sad man.
I literally pictured him as a seductor in this instance. Like the little devil on your shoulder.
About the Trump tweet "The vice-president and I agree that he has the power to act":

"Whomever put out that statement".
"What is the process for putting out a statement where two people were in the room?" - Jason Miller quoting pence's legal staff. Also admitted trump dictated the statement.

This is crazy. So on January 4th, there was a meeting with Jacob, Eastman and Trump; where Eastman conceded that it was illegal. Eastman argued that the court's wouldn't get involved because of the political nature and so they should just reject the electors?? Then Eastman showed up the next morning at Pence's office to continue pushing him?

I wonder who put him up to that. Maybe the guy who blatantly lied about what the VP said to him?

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

"I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth."

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
MSNBC reporting now that three DoJ officials are requesting all transcripts from the committee depositions for current investigations and criminal proceedings.

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. Bold, but no one has held these people accountable, so of course they thought courts wouldn't get involved. I like the response that the people won't put up with it. Essentially warning that there would be violence.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

"I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth."

There's also a very strong possibility she goes Full Karen and ends up incriminating herself for crimes the committee isn't even investigating.