• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
For those with a PS3, you've really lucked with the Z.O.E collection. Just start with 2 to have one of the best gaming experiences you never knew you missed out on.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
There's people who've found out about the mistake and tagged the official PlayStation accounts on Twitter. Hopefully it's fixed sooner...
When they screwed up Psycho Pass not being given for PS4 they took almost a month to fix that.

For those with a PS3, you've really lucked with the Z.O.E collection. Just start with 2 to have one of the best gaming experiences you never knew you missed out on.

Just start with 2...if you are in US. Otherwise you start and end with ZOE1.

Last edited:

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, I still have my PS3 hooked up. Tell me more, good Sir. I know minus zero about this series outside of Kojima being involved I think?

It's a third person action game where you pilot a mech, and has some of the most enjoyable aerial combat ever put in a game. You get a ton of unique weapons and upgrades, some that dratically change how you play/impact the story, quite a few unique bosses and set pieces, and set of rival fights that is right up there with the Vergil fights from DMC3, and a fantastic soundtrack.

It is on the shorter side, which in this case doesn't matter since you're already getting it, and makes the replay value high since you're given some unique incentives for extra playthroughs. Also the MGS artist, Shinkawa, did most of themech designs and they are some of my absolute favorite. My avatar is actual the head of the mech you pilot in the game. First game is a fun snapshot of a launch PS2 game but has definitely not aged as well.

Dec 6, 2017
US
It's a third person action game where you pilot a mech, and has some of the most enjoyable aerial combat ever put in a game. You get a ton of unique weapons and upgrades, some that dratically change how you play/impact the story, quite a few unique bosses and set pieces, and set of rival fights that is right up there with the Vergil fights from DMC3, and a fantastic soundtrack.

It is on the shorter side, which in this case doesn't matter since you're already getting it, and makes the replay value high since you're given some unique incentives for extra playthroughs. Also the MGS artist, Shinkawa, did most of themech designs and they are some of my absolute favorite. My avatar is actual the head of the mech you pilot in the game. First game is a fun snapshot of a launch PS2 game but has definitely not aged as well.

Seeing how it's free...I'll definitely pick it up based on that description despite not really having much of an interest in mechs etc.

Gameplay-wise, this definitely sounds fun. Thanks!

Twelvy

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
In France, the PS3 and PS Vita games don't appear on the PS+ page... We have to fetch them manually...
This store is a mess

Jan 11, 2018
icPS2wi_d.jpg

So the EU PS Store has wrongly put the original Zone of the Enders, instead of the collection, free on PS Plus. That sucks.

I guess I'll hold off on downloading the first game for now, in case that'll screw me over and prevent me from getting the collection once/if they fix this.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Cant wait to play Steep. Which edition comes with everything ? It's kinda confusing. There is X Game Pass, Season Pass, Road to Olympics and a Gold Edition.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Portal Knights still freezing up every 2-3 minutes. It was about 15second freezes every 2 min, but now it just hiccups for 2-3 seconds ever couple minutes.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, online, offline, single player/multiplayer... tried everything and it still hitches.

Been reading everywhere that this is a problem for a lot of people... anyone here experiencing this? Im getting pissed, its pretty fucking unplayable.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if PS3 games from ps plus or bought from the store will still work after March?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Portal Knights still freezing up every 2-3 minutes. It was about 15second freezes every 2 min, but now it just hiccups for 2-3 seconds ever couple minutes.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, online, offline, single player/multiplayer... tried everything and it still hitches.

Been reading everywhere that this is a problem for a lot of people... anyone here experiencing this? Im getting pissed, its pretty fucking unplayable.

Happening for me, as well. I think it's autosaving or updating with the server or something.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
I had such a hard time jumping off the ledge at the beginning of the game lmao. My character wouldn't want to jump and I couldn't understand why exactly

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I downloaded Steep from PS Now several weeks ago. Now, when I go to see the free PS Plus games for this month, Steep already appears as "Purchased". Apparently, Steep is now bound to PS Now instead of PS Plus. This means that if I ever choose to let my PS Now subscription lapse, I won't have the option to download that game through my PS Plus library.

I wish I could bind a game to both my PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions, with the option to actually purchase the game outright if I desire to keep it permanently. Of course, an actual purchase should supercede the PS Plus and PS Now entries.

Yep I'm in the same position. Fucking sucks.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Steep, but I'm not sure if I'm "playing it right". I just go to map mode and do mission markers that I want to do, or play stuff from the recommendations bar that appears after an activity...
I sometimes get a message that I can unlock a drop point now, but have no idea how to go for this. I know I do it with the goggles, but there's no inidcation where that point is, and every point of interest I hover over is out of reach.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Glad to see more people getting into Steep - criminally underrated. Seemed to get burned at launch due to admittedly poor servers but also because people went in expecting SSX.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is that Vanillaware esque for the vita any good? I only saw 2 user reviews in metacritic and they destroyed it (oddly enough there were no traditional outlets reviews)

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Well, I'm definitely glad I didn't pay for Steep in the end. It feels like The Crew for winter sports and everything feels a little too...loose (?) to me. Also, the HUD is a fucking mess, with so much going on and only the option to turn everything off, which is counterproductive.

It's pretty good as a game to chill out to but I'm disappointed the controls weren't tight enough and the way you move around the mountain (essentially fast travel to events) completely nullifies the point of it being open world. Having seamless multiplayer was actually pretty well done, though.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Finally got around to trying Steep, and meh. I'm having trouble figuring out why they'd build this game around 30fps on consoles. A game like this pretty much needs to be 60fps to be playable and fun. At 30fps, it feels....off. The visuals aren't anything close to spectacular, so I'm not sure why they couldn't have managed to pull it off.

I tried the wingsuit and snowboard, and it was ok. I do like the right analog stick being used to steer as your back foot on the snowboard. I may give it another go.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
sony, talk squeenix into putting The Quiet Man on Plus

force it upon the world

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
God damn it. They better get some real good picks for PS3 and Vita but I know they won't. If it's P4G I will finally find a cheap, used Vita to play it on.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I liked Steep a hell of a lot more than I expected I would once I sunk some time in to it. Here's hoping February brings a game as good or better.