• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
He was doing a Q & A on instagram and confirmed he working on another DC project and also currently after Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 he doesn't have anything planned with marvel.

Instagram story

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
So Guardians 3 is probably a good ways off still? Disney is probably just letting him have his trilogy and cutting ties.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do an Omega Men movie (tom king's mini series)

it's kinda like Guardians. just with more terrorism

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think Gunn is great but I'd be okay with him being done with MCU stuff after Guardians 3. He's said before that is the conclusion to the story he wanted to tell. Let him tell it then move some new blood into those creative roles.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have loved Gunn's work with Marvel but I honestly wouldn't mind sending him to DC for a while. Ironically enough I originally wanted him on Thunderbolts, but now that he's got Suicide Squad that'd be redundant; I mean, that's already two "morally ambiguous team of super-powered outlaws" franchises.

Honestly though, by the time GOTG3 is out, he'll have spent a decade in the superhero mines - even longer if you count Super. Wouldn't mind him taking some time off for his own projects for a bit.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Disappointing, DC is a waste of James' talents.

Why? Doom Patrol is hands down one of the best super hero comic based television shows of all time. Matt Reeves, another talent, has done nothing but expand the reach of his relationship with DC. Why would people do this if they hated working there or felt limited by it? If anything "The Feige Way" and the continuity shackles involved would be the most limiting creatively.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Inferior Five pls

But also he could give a try to Dial H for Hero :D
128419._SX270_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I'd personally love it if he stuck around architecting Cosmic Marvel with Taika Waititi but y'know what? Good for him. You know he's doing something right when he's got both Disney/Marvel and WB/DC clinging for a piece of him.

Let the king feast.

If anything DC should be grateful. The first Suicide Squad movie was a bastardized try at GotG at home and he agreed to do it over and do it right. And it's going so right they've already greelit more John Cena Peacemaker before the movie even comes out. He's ready and willing to provide said talents, so long as they let him do his thing they're gold.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If anything DC should be grateful. The first Suicide Squad movie was a bastardized try at GotG at home and he agreed to do it over and do it right. And it's going so right they've already greelit more John Cena Peacemaker before the movie even comes out. He's ready and willing to provide said talents, so long as they let him do his thing they're gold.

I just really don't think there's much else for him to do after fixing Suicide Squad for them. DC doesn't have a lot of heroes that work well for his style of humor, and Suicide Squad doesn't really work for a series.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I just really don't think there's much else for him to do after fixing Suicide Squad for them. DC doesn't have a lot of heroes that work well for his style of humor, and Suicide Squad doesn't really work for a series.

Considering WB/DC continues to struggle with systemic edgelord tendencies it should be fine. Look at Doom Patrol for example. Hell it's not like Suicide Squad was ever this quirky.

The earlier-mentioned Dial H for Hero could work in his style. Dunno why I'm thinking of them but could also see Metal Men as well.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
This right here is the gist of the constant DC hate on this forum. Marvel/Disney fansite.

The awful Marvel/DC tribalism exists all over the internet and I wish it would just die. Half the time neither party in a tribal debate knows anything beyond the cinematic universes or the actual company's workplace experience nor do they know about the histories, notable creators, or amazing books both have to offer. They just hedged their bets. It is sad and not in the spirit of the genre I think. I work at DC but I adore Marvel comics and movies and people at Marvel. Fans can be so silly.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
If they can just hand him lots of stuff that fits his style and let him do whatever with some established stories he'll do great. The Suicide Squad should actually be a coherent movie that's good instead of a wonky pile of owl shit.

Hopefully it makes them money and they lean hard into that groove. Give Edgar Wright millions of dollars and have him make like Flex Mentallo or some shit.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He should do the Shazam sequel. That movie was by far the best DC movie in the last 10 years and the sequel can even be better in his hands.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
DC is in desperate need of talent and I'm in a desperate need of seeing good DC content. Whatever works.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Let the man make a Planetary or Authority movie.

Or fuck, Wildcats. Give me Mr Majestic on the big screen!

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
That's potentially a great get for DC. In a lot of ways Guardians set the tone for the Marvel movies which followed it and made incredibly obscure characters into household names. If Gunn can pull that off for even a single smaller DC series that's a massive win for them. If not, as long as he's pumping out movies as good as the Guardians movies, that's still great.

This right here is the gist of the constant DC hate on this forum. Marvel/Disney fansite.
*responds to the one post hating on DC in the thread*
"WHY ARE YOU ALL LIKE THIS?!?!?"

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Ahhhh damn ngl I was kind of hoping for some original movies from him again after this run of super hero flicks. but he seems to like doing them and I bet they also make him a bunch of money on top of that so I don't blame the guy. If it looks interesting I'll check out whatever he does

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
We already know that he has a co-writing and co-producing credit on the Coyote Vs ACME film at WB so it's clear that he's working on other projects at the studio, probably as part of some long term film & TV deal. Once he finished GOTG3 I assume that he'll move onto his WB projects full time.

It's assumed that he's taking control of the Suicide Squad 'silo' to one degree or another (likely shepherding other Suicide Squad spin-offs) so I think he's talking about a DC project that falls outside of that. Either way, as others have pointed out, he has the third Guardians film to do so we likely won't hear about it, assuming that it even happens, for a while yet.

We shall see.

So Guardians 3 is probably a good ways off still? Disney is probably just letting him have his trilogy and cutting ties.

It's looking that way.

Honestly? I would like to see Gunn's take on the New Gods.

I'd prefer he stay away from 'space' all together. I think he'd be a good fit for something like Booster Gold.

Legion of Superheroes.

If I had to put cash money down on it I'd say that's a property Bad Robot end up tackling in some form over the next couple of years.

Ah, a fan of the Valiant cinematic universe I see. hang in there, buddy, I'm sure that Bloodshot sequel is just around the corner.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Booster Gold and Blue Beetle would be up his alley, but not sure that's able to get a movie.