• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
well this illusion is only a tactic used in the Netflix shows it seems, because the films do a good job of portraying a fictional place where everything is happening in the same place. with the Netflix shows, it seems like the illusion is only constantly being put back into place to remind the viewer that it is supposed to be same place as the other IPs.

You misunderstand me. It's an illusion in both cases, because it's fiction. All shared worlds are illusions. The MCU is very consistent in establishing the illusion that all the movies are in the same made-up world. They do not try to build an illusion that the Netflix shows are in the same world. The Netflix shows do try to build the illusion that they are part of the same world, albeit weakly (for the reasons I mentioned).

Your original question was "what world to the Netflix shows exist in, if not the MCU" and my answer was "they aren't real, and there is inconsistency between the MCU producers and TV producers leading to a contradiction." Easy head-canon is the Netflix shows are in a parallel universe which is mostly the same (had an invasion, has Avengers) but also includes the Netflix stuff. Loki and future stuff may contradict or confirm this; in the meantime, it's up to the viewers to make up their own minds.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. The Netflix shows weren't intertwined with the movies at all, at most they vaguely referenced events and characters from the movies. The D+ shows are the first time the influences will go back and forth between the movies and the shows.

The biggest two things that mattered in the Netflix series to the narrative was a) that the Invasion of New York happened, because it messed up the local economy (which was a cutesy way of explaining why the upper-class, high-rent area that used to be known as Hell's Kitchen is still a slum in the Netflixverse.) and that super-people exist, leading to a least one "anti-Supers" subplot in Jessica Jones.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
You misunderstand me. It's an illusion in both cases, because it's fiction. All shared worlds are illusions. The MCU is very consistent in establishing the illusion that all the movies are in the same made-up world. They do not try to build an illusion that the Netflix shows are in the same world. The Netflix shows do try to build the illusion that they are part of the same world, albeit weakly (for the reasons I mentioned).

Your original question was "what world to the Netflix shows exist in, if not the MCU" and my answer was "they aren't real, and there is inconsistency between the MCU producers and TV producers leading to a contradiction." Easy head-canon is the Netflix shows are in a parallel universe which is mostly the same (had an invasion, has Avengers) but also includes the Netflix stuff. Loki and future stuff may contradict or confirm this; in the meantime, it's up to the viewers to make up their own minds.
So if I am understanding you correctly you're just saying it's an illusion no matter what you're watching but the MCU films do a good job of maintaining the illusion with the Netflix MCU series do not. But, they maintain it in the same ways. The studio has to opportunity to do crossovers, while television doesn't. That's not really their fault.

edit: what I mean is that if the television IPs were given the opportunity to do more crossovers with the film IPs then the illusion would be maintained on the same level across the board. It only isn't because the Netflix series never had that opportunity

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
So, we should know relatively soon ish Marvels thoughts on whether Agent Carter is considered canon because they'll be releasing a Marvel Legends episode on Carter shortly before What If? premiers. If it's not in there I'd say that's very telling

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So, we should know relatively soon ish Marvels thoughts on whether Agent Carter is considered canon because they'll be releasing a Marvel Legends episode on Carter shortly before What If? premiers. If it's not in there I'd say that's very telling
Oh wow. That's a really good point. We are about to see a lot of goalpost moves and hand waving.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020
This seems like a moot point now since
Loki has opened the door to any Marvel content ever produced being "canon". Just because something was in a universe adjacent to the MCU proper doesn't mean it's not canon…just need some plot shenanigans to bring a character over. The X-Men movies? Maybe. Reb Brown's motorcycle Captain America? Possibly. Roger Corman's F4? Most definitely. So you could 100% have the Netflix characters, played by the same actors, but their adventures took place in a universe similar to the MCU…just not the MCU itself.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I wouldn't expect it. What If? is playing off of her arc in the films so I'm not sure recapping even the first season of Agent Carter would really add much for the viewer going into What If?

It seems silly to debate whether or not Agent Carter is canon.

The writers of all three Captain America films, Infinity War and Endgame created the Agent Carter TV show. Agent Carter is the only pre-Disney+ series that Feige has a production credit on. They went out of their way to have a Jarvis cameo, making him the only MCU TV character that ever appeared in a film.

Unless they come out and say it's not canon, it is. And there's nothing about Agent Carter that would need to be retconned so it's unlikely that they do that.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a moot point now since
Loki has opened the door to any Marvel content ever produced being "canon". Just because something was in a universe adjacent to the MCU proper doesn't mean it's not canon…just need some plot shenanigans to bring a character over. The X-Men movies? Maybe. Reb Brown's motorcycle Captain America? Possibly. Roger Corman's F4? Most definitely. So you could 100% have the Netflix characters, played by the same actors, but their adventures took place in a universe similar to the MCU…just not the MCU itself.
Theoretically yes, the MCU as a franchise could have anything it wants as canon now, but then there was that meeting Feige had about the rules of the multiverse and I suppose part of that meeting was about setting limitations

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
If the latest rumors are to be believed

Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin will appear in the Hawkeye series to link with Charlie Cox appearing in Spider-Man No Way Home

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
If the latest rumors are to be believed

Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin will appear in the Hawkeye series to link with Charlie Cox appearing in Spider-Man No Way Home
huh interesting. I don't see how Kingpin would be relevant to the Hawkeye story but I'm all for it

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Agent Carter is the only pre-Disney+ series that Feige has a production credit on. They went out of their way to have a Jarvis cameo, making him the only MCU TV character that ever appeared in a film.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but both Nick Fury and Maria Hill had cameos in Agents of Shield.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but both Nick Fury and Maria Hill had cameos in Agents of Shield.
So were Peggy, Coulson, and Howard Stark but that's not what they're saying. They're saying Jarvis was first in TV and then brought in to the movies. Nobody else has had that happen to them.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Making the Netflix universe somehow canon would really up the average cinematography of the MCU.

They should hire everyone who worked on daredevil for their future shows. Cinematography, fighting choreography and stuntwork were really really good. Combine that with something like a winter soldier show, iron out some of the pacing issues of the past shows and they could have something special right there.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can he confirm whether The Suicide Squad is part of the MCU or not though

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
So were Peggy, Coulson, and Howard Stark but that's not what they're saying. They're saying Jarvis was first in TV and then brought in to the movies. Nobody else has had that happen to them.
honestly, we could use the argument of failure to make illusions to explain how Netflix MCU and ABC MCU aren't canon to the movies, but for me it's hard to accept that when those actors as those characters appeared in both mediums, no matter which one they appeared in first

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
honestly, we could use the argument of failure to make illusions to explain how Netflix MCU and ABC MCU aren't canon to the movies, but for me it's hard to accept that when those actors as those characters appeared in both mediums, no matter which one they appeared in first
I'm also kinda thinking, with the whole post-Loki MCMU, all those previously non-canon shows have become canon within the multiverse. They might not be canon to the main MCU, but they exist within the greater multiverse in an alternate world, hence their variants could appear in the main MCU and be the same actors. This also brings the Fox X-Men (all the different universes within THAT one, like the DotFP future, and the Logan future) into the MCMU, and to an extent, all the Sony Spider-Verse universes (Toby Spider-Verse, Andrew Spider-Verse, Into the Spider-Verse-Verse...hehehe).

One of the brillaint thinks Loki introduced was
the fact that variants/alternate versions of a character don't all have to be played by the same actor, could look drastically different from each other. Some can look identical to each other, others can be totally different. This explains how J. Johan Jamison can look like the J Jonah Jamison of the Raimi-verse, as well as explain how the X-Men or Fantastic Four can look DIFFERENT from their other non-MCU movie appearances. It basically gives a free license to Disney/Marvel Studios to cast for new characters, or if they want, recast characters with actors that have portrayed them in other movies (due to those actors being a good fit on the character or well recieved by the audience).

While I like James Gunn and believe he was "right" when he posted that tweet, that was before the end of Loki season 1 aired. That finale changed EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm also kinda thinking, with the whole post-Loki MCMU, all those previously non-canon shows have become canon within the multiverse. They might not be canon to the main MCU, but they exist within the greater multiverse in an alternate world, hence their variants could appear in the main MCU and be the same actors. This also brings the Fox X-Men (all the different universes within THAT one, like the DotFP future, and the Logan future) into the MCMU, and to an extent, all the Sony Spider-Verse universes (Toby Spider-Verse, Andrew Spider-Verse, Into the Spider-Verse-Verse...hehehe).

the fact that variants/alternate versions of a character don't all have to be played by the same actor, could look drastically different from each other. Some can look identical to each other, others can be totally different. This explains how J. Johan Jamison can look like the J Jonah Jamison of the Raimi-verse, as well as explain how the X-Men or Fantastic Four can look DIFFERENT from their other non-MCU movie appearances. It basically gives a free license to Disney/Marvel Studios to cast for new characters, or if they want, recast characters with actors that have portrayed them in other movies (due to those actors being a good fit on the character or well recieved by the audience).

While I like James Gunn and believe he was "right" when he posted that tweet, that was before the end of Loki season 1 aired. That finale changed EVERYTHING.
Indeed, they could even incorporate AOS as a universe where perhaps Vision was destroyed sooner or otherwise Thanos's plan was frustrated.

The cast of AOS should be leveraged for future projects as they were great characters, having Loki be irritated by a Phil variant or LMD Phil would be hilarious.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

I think Gunn said what he said for the MCU as both an ongoing story and a franchise, and of course he said it without Loki's finale in mind. But the thing about the multiverse is, it's a little too convenient for Marvel to use that as an excuse for everything that's muddy in the waters about being canon. Back between 2016 and 2018, when fans were always bringing up the Netflix MCU and ABC MCU for that matter and saying why their characters are not getting involved with the movies, no one at the time thought "they're part of a multiverse" - all the naysayers would just say that they're not canon, no matter how much they try to be.

But that sort of sentiment goes back to my previous question which is that if they aren't canon to the MCU, then what universe are they canon to? Because the MCU is what they are portrayed as being a part of

The multiverse seems to give too free a license to just say "whatever, it's all canon" but in order for it to feel right there's still some catches. Loki established a particular vision of what the multiverse looks like, how it works, etc.

For example, Agents of Shield's convoluted time and dimensional travel plot in the back half of the series doesn't really fit (IMO) with the style Marvel is establishing for the MCU. It doesn't feel as if it fits within the multiverse as it looks right now.

On the other hand, the Netflix shows fit right in as a close variant timeline for the "sacred" (or formerly sacred) MCU canon. Especially if most of the actors reappear portraying those characters in the primary timeline.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
The multiverse seems to give too free a license to just say "whatever, it's all canon" but in order for it to feel right there's still some catches. Loki established a particular vision of what the multiverse looks like, how it works, etc.

For example, Agents of Shield's convoluted time and dimensional travel plot in the back half of the series doesn't really fit (IMO) with the style Marvel is establishing for the MCU. It doesn't feel as if it fits within the multiverse as it looks right now.

On the other hand, the Netflix shows fit right in as a close variant timeline for the "sacred" (or formerly sacred) MCU canon. Especially if most of the actors reappear portraying those characters in the primary timeline.
I kind of agree. Like I was just saying that it's too convenient to say everything is in the multiverse. Back in 2015 when these shows were still active, they were supposed to be connected to the MAIN MCU. That is what the narrative was. I don't suppose it'll ever fully be explained, but the Netflix and ABC shows were establishing that the things happening there were happening in what we would now classify as the sacred timeline. Especially in the ABC shows, I don't see how you could explain Fury, Hill, Sif etc. showing up and not having that as a connection to the movies

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Can he confirm whether The Suicide Squad is part of the MCU or not though

Canonically the Marvel Comics Universe is just another universe from the DC Universe, so I'd say yes. Feige even refused to rule out a crossover of some kind someday if the worlds align Roger Rabbit style.

It's pretty much the St. Elsewhere theory at this point. EVERY MOVIE EVER is in the MCU.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Canonically the Marvel Comics Universe is just another universe from the DC Universe, so I'd say yes. Feige even refused to rule out a crossover of some kind someday if the worlds align Roger Rabbit style.

It's pretty much the St. Elsewhere theory at this point. EVERY MOVIE EVER is in the MCU.
Given how good Feige and team have been to making the best out of source material I would love to see what they would do with the concept of the Brothers. Maybe toss that aside in favor of someone like Kang messing around with the worlds as a last ditch effort to undo whatever happens in phase 4 and leave the rest of the setup.

I would also be curious to see what characters are actually in scope for such an gimmick. Many DC properties (such as Batman) have prior movie rights deals that would be somewhat complicating, but if anyone could get everyone to the table it would be Feige. . .

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

what do you mean by this?

OT about James Gunn, is he first person working/worked for Sony/Disney that said on the record that Netflix MCU and ABC MCU are not canon?

I kind of agree. Like I was just saying that it's too convenient to say everything is in the multiverse. Back in 2015 when these shows were still active, they were supposed to be connected to the MAIN MCU. That is what the narrative was. I don't suppose it'll ever fully be explained, but the Netflix and ABC shows were establishing that the things happening there were happening in what we would now classify as the sacred timeline. Especially in the ABC shows, I don't see how you could explain Fury, Hill, Sif etc. showing up and not having that as a connection to the movies
I seem to recall multiple times the showrunners for both Netflix and the ABC shows essentially said: we're in the MCU, but we don't get any support from the Marvel Studios side to help us out. I know the AoS team outright said they weren't allowed to know any details about upcoming movies, even as they were expected to tie into them.

So for example:

AoS preludes Age of Ultron, and writes dialog that seems based on its first teaser trailer. The finished movie doesn't exactly fit with what AoS set up however. They get refurbing a helicarrier right, but not the nature or scope of Ultron's actions.

AoS then preludes Infinity War, with wild stabs in the dark about what sort of "time travel" will be involved in resolving the cliffhanger. And guesses at what a Thanos attack on Earth will look like (and even name drops him), again not exactly fitting what the films end up doing.

And of course, the first season of each Netflix show was explicitly intended to take place just after Avengers 1. With New York trying to recover from an alien invasion, with most people feeling a little unreal and unsure of the implications. For instance, it was a pretty specific plot point for Daredevil that he occupied a grey area between a criminal vigilante and the freshly-minted "superhero" class who were not having their legality questioned due to extraordinary circumstances.

It's pretty clear cut IMO that all that stuff is canon and was always meant to be, as television follow-ups to phase 1 of the MCU.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Probably referring to the idea that Marvel and DC both have a place in each other's multiverses.
Okay. I don't know real comic book publishing and printing history so I thought Critch meant that Marvel started off as part of DC but then became its own independent thing. Hence Marvel being part of a DC multiverse
Marvel and DC have crossed over before, it's not totally impossible for it to happen again. Unlikely but possible.

So to these points then do you mean that there has been a motion picture adaptation of a Marvel vs. DC story? If not, is it just in the comics that they crossed over?
I seem to recall multiple times the showrunners for both Netflix and the ABC shows essentially said: we're in the MCU, but we don't get any support from the Marvel Studios side to help us out. I know the AoS team outright said they weren't allowed to know any details about upcoming movies, even as they were expected to tie into them.

So for example:

AoS preludes Age of Ultron, and writes dialog that seems based on its first teaser trailer. The finished movie doesn't exactly fit with what AoS set up however. They get refurbing a helicarrier right, but not the nature or scope of Ultron's actions.

AoS then preludes Infinity War, with wild stabs in the dark about what sort of "time travel" will be involved in resolving the cliffhanger. And guesses at what a Thanos attack on Earth will look like (and even name drops him), again not exactly fitting what the films end up doing.

And of course, the first season of each Netflix show was explicitly intended to take place just after Avengers 1. With New York trying to recover from an alien invasion, with most people feeling a little unreal and unsure of the implications. For instance, it was a pretty specific plot point for Daredevil that he occupied a grey area between a criminal vigilante and the freshly-minted "superhero" class who were not having their legality questioned due to extraordinary circumstances.

It's pretty clear cut IMO that all that stuff is canon and was always meant to be, as television follow-ups to phase 1 of the MCU.
If that's true and no one else or even Feige said anything about Marvel television, then that means besides James Gunn it's just fans who try to say it's not canon

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
Isn't AoS so non-canon that they had no idea what was going on in the movies, hedged their bets by setting a season 1 year after Infinity War, only to get blindsided with the Snap lasting 2 years?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
If that's true and no one else or even Feige said anything about Marvel television, then that means besides James Gunn it's just fans who try to say it's not canon

There is zero doubt in my mind that Kevin Feige does not consider the TV shows he didn't produce (everything pre-Disney+ except the first season of Agent Carter) to be canon. There is not a single time in the history of making the MCU films that anyone has said "Wait, but does this match up with what Agents of SHIELD and Daredevil did last year?" These shows are completely inconsequential, and might as well be fanfiction. They're like the old Star Wars EU, occupying a sort of "canon until the main content decides to contradict them" space. If current MCU films and shows wanted to use the AoS characters/cast, there have been plenty of opportunities to do so; the fact that only Coulson has been brought back, and only in stories that precede his death (which was clearly permanent as far as the films are concerned), is a pretty clear signal there. And of course once Cox, Ritter, D'Onofrio, and Bernthal return as new versions of their Netflix characters, it's going to be impossible to deny that none of the Netflix stuff is considered canon.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
There is zero doubt in my mind that Kevin Feige does not consider the TV shows he didn't produce (everything pre-Disney+ except the first season of Agent Carter) to be canon.

Even the Agent Carter TV show would be considered non canon, as the Agent Carter One Shot has been referenced in What If? and Marvel Studios Legends. In fact the One Shots seem to be on the same footing as the films and D+ shows (All Hail the King having been released on D+).

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
There is zero doubt in my mind that Kevin Feige does not consider the TV shows he didn't produce (everything pre-Disney+ except the first season of Agent Carter) to be canon. There is not a single time in the history of making the MCU films that anyone has said "Wait, but does this match up with what Agents of SHIELD and Daredevil did last year?" These shows are completely inconsequential, and might as well be fanfiction. They're like the old Star Wars EU, occupying a sort of "canon until the main content decides to contradict them" space. If current MCU films and shows wanted to use the AoS characters/cast, there have been plenty of opportunities to do so; the fact that only Coulson has been brought back, and only in stories that precede his death (which was clearly permanent as far as the films are concerned), is a pretty clear signal there. And of course once Cox, Ritter, D'Onofrio, and Bernthal return as new versions of their Netflix characters, it's going to be impossible to deny that none of the Netflix stuff is considered canon.
Only half of that applies. Marvel TV can be written off as inconsequential to overall ongoing plot of the MCU, but to call if fanfiction just doesn't make sense. All of these shows had to go through Disney executive approval to be made. Disney waited until they got Daredevil's rights back from Fox to do a tv show instead of a movie because they wanted to tell a rater R story. So they partnered with Netflix to do MA television. No doubt if Disney+ was already thing in 2015, Daredevil would be there instead and it wouldn't have been cancelled.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't AoS so non-canon that they had no idea what was going on in the movies, hedged their bets by setting a season 1 year after Infinity War, only to get blindsided with the Snap lasting 2 years?
Yeah...it's pretty telling how un-ambitious Marvel were under Perlmutter that they thought Thanos is basically just another alien attack New York situation like the first Avengers movie.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah...it's pretty telling how un-ambitious Marvel were under Perlmutter that they thought Thanos is basically just another alien attack New York situation like the first Avengers movie.

I wouldn't call AoS unambitious. It was the last episodes of what was supposed to be the last season of the series and they had a last min renewal. They probably thought they didn't have to care about whatever is going on with Thanos since they were ending anyway but the ABC president then apparently likes the show and renewed it last min.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Even if they're not strictly canon, I assume the events will largely be kept the same. So if there's a movie or a TV show where D'Onofrio's Kingpin is the bad guy and Cox's Daredevil teams up with the hero to put his arse back in jail, there'll be some mention of Vanessa that convinces Fisk to surrender.

I expect Fisk will be made superhumanly strong for his appearance so when the hero finds out that Daredevil took him down alone in the past they'll be, like, "damn you're amazing!"

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm missing a lot of beats since I never watched AoS. Did that show treat the blip as if it last only 2 years?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm missing a lot of beats since I never watched AoS. Did that show treat the blip as if it last only 2 years?

They treated it as an attack on Earth, without any mentioning of a blip, since the episodes were filmed before the movie came out. They were not told anything about the plot of Infinity War or Endgame. I believe the gap between Season 5, where Thanos attacked, and Season 6 is 1 year.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
They treated it as an attack on Earth, without any mentioning of a blip, since the episodes were filmed before the movie came out. They were not told anything about the plot of Infinity War or Endgame. I believe the gap between Season 5, where Thanos attacked, and Season 6 is 1 year.
hmm...I guess this could work as long as nothing in the dialogue contradicted the snap and blip. like, they could just write it off as most of the cast were lucky not to get snapped or something.

unless their plot really did get botched with the lack of knowledge in MCU proper

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hmm...I guess this could work as long as nothing in the dialogue contradicted the snap and blip. like, they could just write it off as most of the cast were lucky not to get snapped or something.

unless their plot really did get botched with the lack of knowledge in MCU proper

As an AoS fan this actually works for the canon, but it's not worth the effort to stretch.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
As an AoS fan this actually works for the canon, but it's not worth the effort to stretch.
well it doesn't take any effort to stretch it, it's just a thought that can explain away whatever plot holes there could be between this show and the movies.

whenever Disney starts rebooting the non Disney+ MCU TV shows, the only relevant thing they need to take from the ABC ones are the characters that were superheroes, and their supporting characters. For example, I didn't watch AoS but I know that Ghost Rider becomes a prominent character there; they just need to find a way to bring that character back in a tasteful way that doesn't contradict the past.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
well it doesn't take any effort to stretch it, it's just a thought that can explain away whatever plot holes there could be between this show and the movies.

whenever Disney starts rebooting the non Disney+ MCU TV shows, the only relevant thing they need to take from the ABC ones are the characters that were superheroes, and their supporting characters. For example, I didn't watch AoS but I know that Ghost Rider becomes a prominent character there; they just need to find a way to bring that character back in a tasteful way that doesn't contradict the past.

Give us Quake dangit

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who that is :(
She is cool :)

Pls let her enter the MCU proper :'v

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
She is cool :)

Pls let her enter the MCU proper :'v
Oh THAT'S her? I recognize the actress, she's been on the show for a very long time, hasn't she? Indeed, when and if the character appears in a future MCU project, they have to bring the actress back. Otherwise again...it just wouldn't make sense.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017

technically nothing in AoS contradicts the snap outright, it's just that you'd figure someone would have mentioned the biggest event in the entire universe at some point, at least during season 6

in season 7 they were busy with their own time travel shenanigans in the past so it doesn't really matter

I actually think the cleanest way to get it to work is to say that the Shield crew got shunted to a slightly different timeline during the season 5 time travel. That way you preserve the early season appearances of movie characters as being in the main timeline, while season 6+ was in a timeline where Thor went for the head or whatever.

I personally prefer the idea that it was ALL in the main timeline and they just didn't mention the snap onscreen, but whatever.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
technically nothing in AoS contradicts the snap outright, it's just that you'd figure someone would have mentioned the biggest event in the entire universe at some point, at least during season 6

in season 7 they were busy with their own time travel shenanigans in the past so it doesn't really matter
sounds like as unfortunate as the showrunners' predictions were, they were able to continue telling their story that (hopefully) kept their audience engaged. I imagine most people watching the show were also watching the movies, even if it wasn't the other way around

Phase 4 or 5 should make room for Quake, Ghost Rider, and any other superhero from this show to return

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Multiverse just means nothing is canon until they say it is. Doesn't really change too much, but allows them to suddenly declare something is "canon" without caring about impacting past things.