• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
See, this whole thing is super confusing now because of the delay.

Endgame sets up Thor passing on the title of king to Valkyrie and him joining the Guardians, they even have a whole bit about fighting over being the new leader. It's clear from Endgame that Thor would be a big part of that film and Gunn knew this when he was writing his script, a script he finished a few months after Infinity War came out.

Then he gets fired, re-hired but the Thor thing didn't doesn't change in Endgame, he's still made into a Guardian. Guardians 3 was supposed to come out in mid-ish 2020, so a year and a half before Thor 4 but because of the delay, now Thor 4 will come out before Guardians 3 and on the timeline Guardians 3 takes place after Thor 4.

So, what the fuck?

I mean, I can't imagine they'll separate Thor from Guardians since that would require Gunn to re-write the script.

But now everything is super fucky.

They didn't delay anything. Thor 4 was always planned for before GOTG 3

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean always? Up until a week ago we had no idea Thor 4 existed.

And Guardians 3 most definitely got delayed. It was supposed to come out in 2020, which is why next year only has 2 films instead of the usual 3. Gunn getting fired put Guardians on hold until they figured out what they were gonna do, and in the meanwhile, he signed up to do Suicide Squad 2. That threw off the schedule.

BuryAllen

Oct 28, 2017

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' Production Put on Hold (Exclusive)
AUGUST 24, 2018

The Marvel project was originally to have been directed by James Gunn and to have begun principal photography in the winter, either in January or February. The project was crewing up and was to have gone into full preproduction mode in the fall.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
vhIefE1.jpg
Someone, please explain this meme. I saw this on Twitter today and I feel so lost.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Well done OP. Bait that's actually funny, that's hard to come by. :)

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's good to see Gunn start tweeting a bit more, especially when it's not just posting trailers.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It's bait, but better than "White Woman Calls The NYPD To Stop A Water Fight" when the woman wasn't even white....

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
The joke aside, I'm pretty sure that Gunn has already said that Thor won't be in Vol 3? I'm surprised anyone expected him to have a significant role.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
To be honest, Thor probably won't be in Guardians 3 anyway, Thor 4 is first so hes very likely going to leave.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Huh. So maybe L&T has to deal with Valkyrie as the new Ruler of Asgard on Midgard, and Jane being the Thor of Earth or something? Perhaps Valkyrie reforms Asgard and as a new realm it creates a new thor in Jane. I'm not too savvy on this part of the lore so its all guesses.

Yep we may not see them in Thor LaT but we will probably see Thor shortly after his journey with them, wouldn't be surprised if he is off world and MIA for parts of the movie, having left Valkyrie in charge of New Asgard she will surely get swept up in some nasty Nine Realms business and need someone to help defend New Asgard or its allies. Enter Jane Foster.

Not expecting Odinson to be depowered in this or anything, just far far away and unable to return to Midgard to help until the end or something.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
lol

I am curious about how they will handle the timeline and include Hemsworth in Thor 4 since he basically takes off with the guardians immediately after endgame

Looking forward to seeing what they came up with story wise

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Give it a few years and I'm sure Disney when they own DC Comics , we'll see Thor with the Suicide Squad.

lol

As rad as DC and MCU crossover would be the best possible thing to come out of this low probability merger is getting a

Batman vs Predator movie.

I always thought Fox owned it but it turns out Disney actually has onwership and only lends the license to Fox.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
See, I actually paid attention to the last two times Gunn was on record saying The Suicide Squad was happening before GOTG3, so this didn't throw me off even when I only saw the title of the OP

Oct 26, 2017
See, this whole thing is super confusing now because of the delay.

Endgame sets up Thor passing on the title of king to Valkyrie and him joining the Guardians, they even have a whole bit about fighting over being the new leader. It's clear from Endgame that Thor would be a big part of that film and Gunn knew this when he was writing his script, a script he finished a few months after Infinity War came out.

Then he gets fired, re-hired but the Thor thing didn't doesn't change in Endgame, he's still made into a Guardian. Guardians 3 was supposed to come out in mid-ish 2020, so a year and a half before Thor 4 but because of the delay, now Thor 4 will come out before Guardians 3 and on the timeline Guardians 3 takes place after Thor 4.

So, what the fuck?

I mean, I can't imagine they'll separate Thor from Guardians since that would require Gunn to re-write the script.

But now everything is super fucky.

Yes GOTG3 would have finished filming by now in the original plan, so there will definitely be changes, but it might not matter a whole lot in the end, can just start TH4 with him being whisked away from the Guardians for whatever reason.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Uh, it really wasn't. GOTG3 was meant for 2020.

GOTG3 was originally the May movie. Gunn even went on Facebook Live the last week of April and said "Two years from today" it'd be in theaters.

That's why Marvel had May, July, and November dates set for 2020. When Guardians was delayed they put Black Widow in May and abandoned the July date, which Sony jumped on for Morbius.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't think having Thor separate from the Guardians for Thor 4 and be back with them in Guardians 3 will be an issue.

It's not like they have to go out of their way to explain how he was able to get to earth and the. back with the Guardians, Thor can teleport anywhere in the universe instantly.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I honestly don't see where the issue is with having GOTG3 take place chronologically before Thor 4? We're getting a prequel for Black Widow anyway. Just have Thor LaT open with Thor separated from the Guardians making tiny allusions to "differences of opinion" or somesuch, and then in GOTG3 we have our "Asguardians" movie and at the end they show whatever funny thing they have cooked up that breaks him from the group, leading into the events of Thor LaT.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep we may not see them in Thor LaT but we will probably see Thor shortly after his journey with them, wouldn't be surprised if he is off world and MIA for parts of the movie, having left Valkyrie in charge of New Asgard she will surely get swept up in some nasty Nine Realms business and need someone to help defend New Asgard or its allies. Enter Jane Foster.

Not expecting Odinson to be depowered in this or anything, just far far away and unable to return to Midgard to help until the end or something.
Yeah I guess they can actually just skip the whole worthy unworthy bit since we got a pretty conclusive answer to that and he's already made peace with not needing the hammer so it's about as clear a path forward for Jane-Thor as possible.
I got to admit I'm not as high on these movies as I used to be but that's pretty great prep work.

Last edited: