• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand the dude, he is extremely annoying and I just don't find any comedic value in this schtick.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
What's "rampart?"

Also I'd be skeptical of any celebrity story you read either way. There's a huge number of egos in Hollywood and absurd politics and completely irrational and inscrutable weirdness and it can be expressed in extremely dishonest ways.

There are celebrities who are total dongs who are protected by circles of organized pr and ego stroking boosters.

There are celebrities who get a pass for being dongs from their tightly organized fanbase.

There are celebrities who have one bad day on tape and we see it absent of context. The Christian Bale set meltdown could have been that- or the horribleTarantino interview about violence in his movies could have been a question he told the broadcast interviewer not to ask as a condition of the meeting. But they could also be a glimpse at their normal behavior.

Fans can deserve that shit too. Sometimes a famous person is trying to eat lunch with their kid or run to catch a plane and gets harassed by an autograph hunter who also insists on telling the celebrity that his last movie was literally cancer and ruined my childhood, all bets are off.

There's are known assholes who get caught multiple times like Russel Crowe and Naomi Campbell and Katherine Heigl- but even then there's something addictive and compelling about hating celebrities that colors how they're covered to the point where bitch eating crackers happens.

Nowadays it is frequently clouded by organic and organized brigading- especially for women and as insane as an organized campaign of utter falsehoods sounds- we see it happen all the time.

I would always take any of these reports or even videos with a pinch of salt. You need a bunch of context and definitive examples.

One thing that seems to be universally true in my thirty years of working in and around and near the Entertaiment industry is that if a person has a reputation described as "perfectionist who doesn't suffer fools gladly" then that person is almost certainly a giant asshole— and the truism that you can judge the character of a famous person by the way they interact with the least powerful people on set- is a rock solid guarantee. How the star talks to craft services and the boom operator and the makeup tent is how that person really is.

There's weird exceptions- I've seen directors who're utterly sweet flip a dong switch while the camera is rolling and go back to sweet as soon as tape stops. And actors who have to become either the dick character they're playing for the whole day- or can't concentrate unless they shut out everything else to the point of rudeness.

But you should never assume a person is nice because other celebrities only encounter the nice version. Ask the tea lady or the key grip.

I've only ever met a couple of famous people who were total assholes. And I have met celebrities I'd assume would be either arrogant or disconnected or even dongs, who turned out to be absolutely lovely.

There are obviously plenty of famous jerks but I think the world largely calibrates around them and punishes that behavior.
He's been a known asshole for years now. This isn't new.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I know some folks who've worked on the same projects as him and most every single one of them said they'd never do it again given the choice. Most would describe him as a royal ass, a diva and so on.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Mark Kermode complained about how annoying he is when he reviewed Peter Rabbit and got an angry email from Corden's parents.

Can't stand the sycophantic twat. Please keep him, America.
Yep. And Mark was just talking about the performance. I'm pretty sure he even said "I am not criticising him as a person" or words to that effect.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
We cancelled him in the UK long before he got on a plane.

Also, there's this:

>> Cartool <<
Looking a gift Porsche in the mouth

When James Corden recorded his Carpool Karaoke episode with Adam Levine, the pair were driving around, quite visibly, in a Porsche. As something of a thank you, Porsche offered Corden a brand new $100,000 car.

A pretty plum perk that most people would be over the moon with, you'd think. Not James Corden though. When the car was delivered, he had a sudden panic that the shade of red was "too gay" – so returned it, asking for it to be resprayed.

As Porsche's paintjobs are such an extreme hassle, however, it was easier for them just to send him a whole new car.

https://popbitch.com/emails/nail-soup/

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the best thing I've seen said about Corbyn is when Hbomberguy said he's not sure how he failed in the UK but has succeeded in the US, and it's been like finding a tiny society that worships a pizza box you threw out.

Cargo Pants Cult.

aQjL26s.jpg

He's been a known asshole for years now. This isn't new.

I have no reason to expect he's not. My point is not about Corden specifically, who I couldn't pick out of a lineup, but about the general principle of how to think about these kinds of things. Eventually there's enough smoke that it's a fire.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always feel bad for celebrities that do that awkward karaoke with him with the camera right in there face. I don't like to use the word cringe, but damn

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
"Countryside" has historically meant the killing of Piers Morgan, but maybe it should be updated to include Corden too.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Homophobia; History of severe infractions.
We cancelled him in the UK long before he got on a plane.

Also, there's this:

https://popbitch.com/emails/nail-soup/

Really shitty of him, but I sorta see where he's coming from. He has this stereotypical "gay look" and he doesn't want to feed into it so he wants to distance himself as far as possible from anything that could be considered "gay".
Cargo Pants Cult.

aQjL26s.jpg

I have no reason to expect he's not. My point is not about Corden specifically, who I couldn't pick out of a lineup, but about the general principle of how to think about these kinds of things. Eventually there's enough smoke that it's a fire.
Anyone know the name of the lady next to him in the photo?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I see little out of place.

I enjoyed his portrayal of Smithy in Gavin and Stacey. Then I found it he wasn't really doing all that much acting and was, in fact, a bit of a cunt.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Can't be many people surprised by this. Corden has always been such an obviously arrogant prick. I feel like most people in the UK know a James Corden and exactly how he fits that stereotype.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Is he the British Jimmy Fallon?
I'm not that familiar with his origins but corden got where he is by latching onto very talented people and then making sure he was always front and center when the praise came. That isn't to say he is talentless ofcourse but he is a bit of a obnoxious prick.

I dunno what wizardry he pulled to get that gig in America though.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
He always gave off this vibe but I'm glad for justification of my dislike.

He's a decent enough actor especially when he didn't write it but I have no idea how he found success as a presenter.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I've never met him, but I've never liked him. Grew tired of him appearing on EVERYTHING very quickly too. It's interesting that this 'news' doesn't really surprise anyone.

Nov 30, 2018
Not wanting to take pictures and all is one thing because nobody is obligated to a picture and fuck off if somehow wanting a private life isn't okay for these people

But wanting people to be paid less and throwing tantrums is unacceptable

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Always disappointing when somebody I like turns out to be an asshole....

...good thing I always hated the guy.

Having to take my son to see the Emoji Movie sure didn't help that, either.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember he won some award for Gavin and Stacey and used his speech time to complain that Peep Show won a different award that night that he felt he also deserved. He's always been a prick.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haha what

Do you remember which show it was?

It was the 2008 Baftas. I'm sure there's a video somewhere.

A bumptious Corden has done little to slow an evaporation of goodwill with, for example, a cocky acceptance speech at the Bafta awards – after picking up two awards for Gavin and Stacey, he berated the judges for not giving him a third.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...james-corden-the-backlash-begins-1645359.html