• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Everyone corrected me thanks for letting me see my error, J understand the nature of the article completely but it still rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Absolutely sickening. I hope someone got fired for that blunder
I did not even realize there are people who'd care about this

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Yes because civil rights aren't enough to get people up in arms, but defacing a Ford with a Chevy grill is enough to spark mass riots. Check your fucking priorities Jalopnik.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Fair enough, its just funny that of all things that can trigger car fans, its dismissing a ford as something unreliable as a chevy.
I mean it is funny, that's the point. But I don't think you should expect much serious journalism, much less about a subject as important as civil rights, from a car blog.

The article is a bit of a joke based in some reality sure, but no one is seriously going to get up in arms about some crappy shirt sold at a department store(except for as noted above maybe General Motors for the possibility that their copyright was infringed).

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know about gm vs Ford but I do know that dodge/Chrysler are worse than both of those. Hell, the one thing most people agreed on in the bailouts is that Chrysler deserved to die.

Never had a Jeep/Dodge not start on me. I've had a Jeep's tranny go, but it never left me stranded. Can't say that for a Ford or Chevy...hell two 4Runners in the family have had issues just starting up before.

My favorite part about older Chevys (and maybe Fords? I know Jeep did this too) is when they'd throw whatever part on they had around at the factory. So if you've got to get a replacement for a certain model/year and it came from that era, you might not even know what the hell you need because it could vary by what they had on hand that day at the plant.

Toyota is still GOAT though.

vermadas

Oct 25, 2017
Grew up in metro Detroit. Remember being in early elementary school and a kid asking me which I liked better, Chevy or Ford. My father did not (at the time) work for any of the big three and I didn't give two shits, but the majority of the kids in that school had a father that worked in the industry.