• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via Twitter:

An organized attempt by former Dem officials to blackball from employment anyone who worked for the US government during the Trump administration seems the exact opposite of the calls for unity and healing we've heard from President-elect Biden. https://t.co/IICk2fDOck

Love how the media is immediately back to "unity unity unity" with no talks of consequences for the almost certain destruction of government and country.

Also he's clearly misreading the points:

Thank God for AOC:

Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Is Tapper saying this is bad, or is he saying that it's inconsistent with Biden's rhetoric around unity & healing? Seems to be the latter to me.

In any event, I can't imagine that any high level decision making members of the Trump administration are going to have any jobs or roles in a future Democratic administration, especially when it comes to domestic administration members (State dept is a little different... historically, State dept. has low turnover in foreign service roles, it's really not until just this Administration that the State Dept. got gutted, and most of the positions were never replaced, but I'd expect the Trump flunkies will all be washed out). I think that a Biden administration should keep with the words of unity, healing, moving ahead, but obviously don't extend jobs to former Trump administration enablers. I suspect that's what they'll do.

I think there's some people from the Trump Administration who were wrongfully fired who should be considered re-hired in the State Dept or DoD. Alexander Vindmann and Fiona Hill, for instance. They were State Dept. (or DoD?) diplomats/employees during the Trump Administration but spoke out about the corruption and illegality in the Administration, and they suffered consequences for it.

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh its time to start shitting on Democrats again! When will Tapper bring up the deficit I wonder?

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Is Tapper saying this is bad, or is he saying that it's inconsistent with Biden's call for unity & healing?

In any event, I can't imagine that any high level decision making members of the Trump administration are going to have any jobs or roles in a future Democratic administration, especially when it comes to domestic administration members.
he is implying this is bad by referencing Biden's call for unity.

And they won't work for Dems, but I would bet good money some of them get employed by CNN. And I would also bet good money CNN is going to bend over backwards to critique Biden and carry water for Fox News attacks going forward as a way to try and endear themselves to their bad faith critics.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh its time to start shitting on Democrats again! When will Tapper bring up the deficit I wonder?
Gotta say, I don't think that's what's happening? This Accountability project is weird and vague going by their website. It's not explicit in what it's actually doing. Unless of course, I just missed it.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happened to "personal responsibility"? I feel like Republicans in general like to apply this to people who aren't Republican.

You made your choice, you deal with the consequences.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly the kind of shit that's going to give us competent fascists. Don't give these people an out.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
What is a political appointee compared to a White House staffer? Is a White House staffer anyone who works for the White House within the executive branch? Is a political appointee limited instead to those like John Ratcliff as DNI? I ask because my father has worked for the White House since the Obama days and has continued his role through this administration and will likely continue to do so under Biden. That office is under the Executive Branch for White House operations.

The website even says "political appointee", but people like @tommyxtopher are broadening that to "WH Staff". So, I push back to the claim made by @tommyxtopher (and probably others) basically saying it's "WH Staff" that are dangerous and should be blackballed, when that should not be the case. Unless there are specific examples given this seems like a dumb thing to go after.

I think people like Kayleigh are clear hack frauds and would prefer never to see them in the public space again, but witch hunting like this appears to be doing feels dangerous and yes against the unity calls from Biden-Harris. You can try (and we should) and hold some people accountable for their dangerous actions, but that website/group feels like absolute grift.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
As much as the media has shit on Trump and his behavior over the past four years, they are also constantly pushing the idea of "unity" and "putting an end to divisive politics". Generally speaking, this seems to more or less mean that we need to get rid of Trump and go back to a centrist status quo.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually starting to hate this unity talk. It should be done, but certain people need to catch these political hands. Point blank.

Oct 28, 2017
Holding people accountable for their actions is out of line? The fuck out of here with that nonsense.

Offer them no quarter.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AOC is definitely right. Have this shit ready, 4+ years of twitter receipts and over confidence on videos and on the floor of congress to throw back in these people's faces. Show their hypocrisy to their peers, the people and make them show proof of their supposed changes in character. Hold them accountable.

Forgive and forget that your partner ate the last piece of cake you called dibs on. Not these murderers, nazis and nazi symapthizers

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Tapper is an islamophobic asshole so no one should be listening to him anyways. How the left is ok with him is beyond me. He's useless, especially with this rhetoric.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Institutional blackballing? No, I don't think they should be on a list and excluded by name alone.

If they are reviewed and their job history is found to be unpalatable? That's perfectly acceptable.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the president of the united states repeatedly called for the imprisonment of his political enemies and I don't recall the media leading the charge against what an appalling descent into fascism and dictatorship that would be.

It's funny how these rules on fair play and unity only apply to Democrats, and how we have to instantly forgive and forget the group of people who were calling for their enemies to be locked up.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
If they were in a position where they either enabled or were complicit in Trump's policies then they shouldn't ever hold position in Government again. But there are bound to be instances of people in the Trump Administration over the last four years who genuinely tried to right wrongs and/or were fired for doing the right thing. It shouldn't be blanket blackballing but certainly will be close

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
These people have a pathological desire to let Trumpers get away with the last four years and it's fucking astounding.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
People deciding on their own to not hire Trump appointees is one thing. Organized blackballing is another.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol @ Tapper willfully misinterpreting the stated objective here. This isn't about rank and file agency employees, this is about political appointees in the west wing. Speech writers, strategists, policy advisors, etc. Your John Kelly's and Stephen Miller's, not random bureaucrats in the EPA or DoE

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Feel like few people are actually checking out that website for this project. It's way too vague.
I have. The website is too vague and why I think it should just be done on a case by case basis. I wish nothing but the worse for people like Kayleigh though and I'm fine with them being blackballed.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
No one should be blackballed just because they said "she's a lying whore and shouldn't have worn that thing" during the Kavanaugh trial or thought the police should have beat protestors harder.

These are people with families. Human beings with black hearts just like the rest of us.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
There will be no unity and healing. No elected Republican will give an inch to the Dems because it will endanger them with the insane Republican base. This unity narrative is complete nonsense.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Tapper has always been a left punching hack who should stick to writing his shitty pulp detective novels

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
People gotta remember, even though a lot of these news hosts were saying good things about Biden and railing on Trump and his Administration for being bad sports and babies regarding this election, these are the same people that didn't want to condemn Trump's disgusting actions and were both-sides in the protests, ANTIFA, BLM and such for the longest time. Tapper, especially, seemed more an ass in this regard than other CNN hosts/reporters.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
no it's so people like michael anton who, when not on a men's fashion forum talking about wine, nuclear Armageddon or getting upset at their idea of "conservative business dress" being compared to nazi uniforms, don't get more jobs in the government when just a few months ago they wrote a column accusing george soros and the democrats of planning a coup to take over the US.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Republicans shit all over decorum and unity while in office. Democrats win office, we need to make up with them! Fucking infuriating.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think that the stooges like Barr, and the press secretaries should be seen differently from those who were fired or quit for not following along with Trump (Tillerson, Kelly, Mattis).

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
"Joining us tonight is CNN contributor Stephen Miller"
Fukk...This is exactly what's going to happen.
francis.png

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who still cares about unity is beyond hope.

We shouldn't be looking for unity with a bunch of bigots, and that stands for Republicans that are trying to rehabilitate their image by distancing themselves from Trump too.

God forbid there are consequences for harming people.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The Bush administration got away with it, you can see why they'd try again.