• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Mark Meadow's head is empty.

No evidence that it's not.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any evidence that Mark Meadows didn't crap his pants at a Piggly Wiggly?

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I see plenty of voter fraud with Trump removing mail boxes everywhere. lol

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Remember, Donald Trump has killed is secretary Caroline in 2000.
#justiceforCaroline

Burden of proof

Burden of proof (also known as onus probandi in Latin) is the obligation on somebody presenting a new idea (a claim) to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to prove the evidence presented is not adequate. Burdens of...

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Why cant this shit be properly called out? Say "thats not how evidence works, here's an example of me claiming theres an invisible tea pot in the sky."

whys is it so hard for the media to shut these fucks down.

Oct 27, 2017
"Prove me wrong!"

I fcking hate that this lazy form of debate has been granted a home in the Republican party.

It should always be met with belly laughter and then expulsion.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is no evidence that he's a human cannibal but there's also no evidence that he isn't either.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
All I think about when repubs speak is Trump saying "you can't do that" like they are little children when confronted with something they don't like.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I would have shot back "there's no evidence you're not a child molester either, Mark."

If you're going to contend something is the truth then the burden of proof lies with the person making the assertion to provide evidence.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
What happened with the Philadelphia court case where the judge gave Trump until last Friday to prove their was fraud?

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
This is excruciatingly dumb because you can validate just about anything you can think of with this logic.

For example there's no evidence Mark Meadows doesn't dispose of his pet's shit by eating it instead of putting it in the waste bin, so we might as well believe it.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Tapper's response should have been "and there's no evidence that you aren't an alien in a human's body. Unless there's actually evidence for something stop wasting everyone's time with made up hypotheticals. Either put up some evidence or stop lying to folks."

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
The interview he did with grandpa Bernie was hilarious. Throughout most of the interview, Bernie couldn't figure out how to turn off incoming call notifications.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
There is no evidence I didn´t hit the Powerball, now give my my $800 million!

Last edited:

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only instance of documented and coordinated voter fraud I am aware of is the Williamsburg Chassidic community.

In recent times.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
This argument is as obnoxious as ever. Everything hinges on the idea that you can't prove a negative, but you can. It's easy. For example, I can prove that there's no red pen on my desk, because if there was, it would be visible right now. The lack of evidence is itself evidence if we can show that there otherwise would be evidence here.

Similarly, if there was widespread voter fraud, what would that mean? There would have to be tons of votes that were cast under false names, or something to that effect, right? That sort of thing, if it's widespread, would be easy for an investigation to find. If it's there, it should be visible, and if it isn't visible when it should be, that's evidence that it's just not there, like the red pen.

The proper response to the "There's no evidence that there's not" argument isn't "You can't prove a negative". The proper response is "Yes there is!".

And if you think all of this is incredibly obvious and shouldn't need to be explained, then congratulations. You are smarter than Mark Meadows.