• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
To be more specific I am talking about his look from the last season, no over the top hair (for anime anyway), simple outfit and color scheme that really complements his eyes which sell the design to me, actually it was the main reason I even watched the series back in the day. It feels to me whoever is doing the anime designs nowadays have challenged themselves to make the protagonist's look as busy as possible which why Judai's design stands out to me.

latest

latest

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He looks like a disheveled bird, but then so does every Yu-Gi-Oh protagonist, so I guess if that's your thing.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also like S4 design more, but even then his original, less mature one is up there too because it isn't so overdesigned like Yu-Gi-Oh often does.

OP
OP
Jadow

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Yusei is pretty much the 2nd best design, his hair is borderline crazy though, but not so much for Yu-Gi-Oh! standards

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I never like super over the top heterochromia in anime designs. It never looks good.
Hah I'd be an over the top anime character, I have segmental heterochromia in one eye with grayish blue and brownish(the other eye is brownish). Yeah, all things in balance in characters though

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yusei is the best for me, even if he reminds me of Shadow the Hedgehog

AzVal

May 7, 2018
not a very high bar to hurdle in such a shitfest of character designs, it would be the worst in just about every other anime/manga nowadays

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
His series was when my kid got into Yugioh. I remember him singing along with the theme song and fist pumping the air like Jaden does at the end. Good memories.

Cyber Dragon decks> you scrubs

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We never got it in the US :(

We would have never gotten this OP in the US anyway considering the GX dub used what was once described to me as "the sound of the '90s dying" as it's OP:

But yeah, shame it never got localized. Apparently Konami/TV Tokyo/NAS got pissed that 4Kids was so far behind the Japanese version at this point (the GX dub premiering a year after the Japanese debut but falling to nearly 2 years behind by the time Season 3 ended) and just wanted them to get to 5Ds already. IDK Why they didn't just do both like they did during the end of Duel Monsters/start of GX, but I guess the death of Toonami (which was GX's home during Season 3) around that time had something to do with it, and they probably just didn't feel it was worth the time/money at that point.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Its a pity about his personality. I've been rewatching GX Season 1 and he's borderline insufferable

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its a pity about his personality. I've been rewatching GX Season 1 and he's borderline insufferable
One of the best things about Season 3 is how much of it is dedicated to pointing out why Season 1-2 Judai was a shit character and putting him through an incredible amount of horrific trauma character development in order to make him a far more likable and well-rounded character come Season 4.