• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
It's is silly to make the claim you're making based solely on your personal opinion. There's a difference in saying, "well, I don't like this..." and saying what you said in your first post. Rap/Hip-Hop threads on here bring out the trolls, and that's what you're doing.
I don't agree but that's ok. I didn't like the music, it really didn't work for me, that's it. This isn't even about hip hop as I like hip hop. Admittedly not much these days i was more into Jurassic 5 style stuff but still. Anyway I apologise.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
"Heh, I bet this thread is gonna get a bunch of 'Who?' posts as a 'subtle' way for people to address that they don't like black music."

*clicks thread*

"...Oh, this is worse."

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.webp
Yn1R3X.gif

Oct 25, 2017
this thread reminds me of that MK11 reveal trailer thread

Kind of. With MK you always get the "Rap doesn't fit with MK" people coming in droves all unable to let go of the movie theme and always try to make some remake of the trailer by slapping the movie theme over the trailer and going "see! this is so much better" ignoring the fact those trailers were literally made to accompany the track by matching the hits in the trailer with the beat of the song. (This happened on Neogaf too when MKX got announced) and also ignoring the fact there is a huge amount of black people who love Mortal Kombat and are part of the dedicated fighting game community (most of the pro players are black)

Here you got the people who just hate rap music, but there is also the subsect of people (like me) who just don't think the song is good. Most of the Jaden songs I've listened to lack energy and I think "on my own" is mostly saved by Kid Cudi in the hook of the song.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I'd be so down for this. We've already seen him play a confident upper-class bachelor crippled with existential doubt and the ennui that comes with juggling fame with unfulfillment in Neo Yokio.

Based on that performance alone, he'd knock out out of the park with Miles.
If anything, they just need to bring back Neo Yokio. I loved that shit.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not a fan of the song. It sounds like something from a generic soundtrack I'd hear in a Victoria's Secret from 2004 while shopping with my girlfriend. Just super average, over a decade old, whatever pop music for mall shoppers to tune out to.

And no he shouldn't play Miles. Did you guys see After Earth? His father might be one of the greatest actors in history but this young man cannot act.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going from the reactions, he's a terrible actor?
I've only seen him in that Karate Kid remake and thought he acted really well for a kid 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, the song is fine, a bit too low energy imo

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played the game, so to me this is weak shit.
"Where we come from" from Lecrae is much better.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If I say I think the song sucks, but to each their own tastes, will that really bother you?

What's the point of a thread with a music video as the topic?
People who drop into threads about creative works and drop snappy takes about how bad the music is, like "never gonna win awards" or "terrible genres dialled up to 11" etc... are just shitting the place up. Coming in and saying something like "I don't like it much Jaden's performance feels a bit lifeless and the production is overdone" is completely different.

Of course the former is going to get responses like the one you quoted, that's by design.

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
Eh. It sounds like they approached him and said "We can't use 'Way Up' because that was attached to Spider-Verse, but can you throw something together that sounds exactly like that but also not as good?"