• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I wish her the best even if her going there is a bit disappointing. I don't see Google doing anything good for this industry if they succeed.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
People here not knowing basic corporate titles.. lol she's not VP of the entire company, just their gaming division. Also interesting since they recently tested out their Chrome streaming tech with an Assassin's Creed game.

Also, lets not forget when Amazon was throwing around a lot of money to grab talent to start Amazon Game Studios in 2012.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
It's been so long since someone else has jumped into the Console fray. It's going to take a long time before people accept it as the next contender, but I hope it works out well.

I hope the games are good and are still GAMES like everything else on consoles.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard of the name but why is she regarded in such high regard within the industry? A quick look at Wiki suggests she hasn't done a massive amount. Did she launch Assassin's Creed? Is that why?
Prior to this she founded Motive Studios for EA and was also in charge of Visceral and was on the cancelled Star Wars game with Amy Hennig before EA shut Visceral down.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Whooooooooooooh what the fuck!!!

Is google going to be another company that goes for single player games based on jade talking about it being impossible to make them at other publishers. Will she be the savior we need!!

Also is google going to be like a publisher and release games everywhere, or are they going first party route and making there games exclusive to the google streaming.

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
Hype continuing to rise for next week's unveiling. Can't wait to see what they have to show.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of her though I take it I should have judging by this thread, what has she worked on in the past?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Never heard of her though I take it I should have judging by this thread, what has she worked on in the past?
I'm sure you can perform a basic Google search. For the most part though...

• Founded Ubisoft Toronto and EA Motive
  • Led the creation of Assassin's Creed
  • Worked as an executive producer on Watch_Dogs and a few other Ubi titles
  • Was working on an open-world Star Wars game with Motive before that got canned
She obviously knows her shit and considering she's been behind quite a few large titles, she's definitely got the leadership and managerial skills for working as a VP of a gaming division.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Vice Principal of what, though.

Most likely a gaming division of youtube which they haven't formally announced yet. That's probably why she replied with a wink when someone asked if she was VP of all of google or vp of something else.

It's rumored that google is going to plan a new gaming console and streaming service and things and with her background from Ubisoft and EA she'd be a likely fit for VP of all of that.

They teased it just earlier today, see:

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to her, but she literally hasn't done anything in five years.

Failed with a new studio in Toronto with Ubisoft and then EA Motive's game got cancelled.

Obviously her resume is still impressive.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to her, but she literally hasn't done anything in five years.

Failed with a new studio in Toronto with Ubisoft and then EA Motive's game got cancelled.

Obviously her resume is still impressive.

How I feel as well but people seem to be fine ignoring the last few years of her career

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Google sure is trying, but I dont have any excitement what so ever for a Google entry into the console business be it native or streaming. It will be more of the same and Sony, Nintendo and MS have that covered for a while now.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck, that's a legit megaton. Didn't take them seriously until now honestly.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
This is a huge announcement. At first I kinda thought this Google getting into gaming thing was a joke but wow who knows now.