• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

This whole "change their characters voices because reasons" thing is the worst part about the game. I could understand if it is a reboot but when you are doing a sequel it starts getting weird.

Honestly it stands out even more cause Johnny wasn't recasted and Cassie who was is still an experienced VA.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
smxIgFO.png

LMAO

If she wasn't blonde she would literally be the female not-shepard from andromeda.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(Stays at full screen)

[machine gun]
[machine gun]
[machine gun]

[MISSILE STRIKE]

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
People have gotta stop always bringing up those Jacqui concepts from MKX, lol.

They're cool, but there's a reason why they didn't go with any of them.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
If Jacqui is in but Takeda is not then their choice of Kombat Kids is beyond ridiculous. Her play style was so dull.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
There's nothing particularly outstanding about that design.

My only real takeaway from it is that it really shows hair has a long way to fucking go in Game development

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
She looks great from the neck up but i'm not really feeling all these army/tech designs, they look more like FPS characters to me. Prefer my Earth fighters with casual clothes that accentuate their personality, so hopefully she'll have more casual costume options.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
The best thing about Jacqui was her weapons, because shotgun gauntlets are a great concept

tumblr_pc51nbnIsk1wxtnldo4_250.gif

But her moveset wasn't great and her personality was none.

Here's hoping she could have some cool moves, maybe with a boxing flavor.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am going to make a prediction - one of her variants will rely on the bombs she used in her MK11 Fatality. She will has Bomb Style moves that will zone or pop the enemy up like Cyrax

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing the usual tears about desexualisation of a character online. Have these people seen a woman in a normal bra then a sports bra?

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her MKX look is better. Should've stuck with that concept.

The Mass Effect NPC comparisons are totally accurate. lol

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
While I don't think either are amazing, I do like this one more than her MKX design.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Jacqui looks great. Need to see some gameplay. Really hope she has the same care and attention Johnny and Cassie received in terms of her personality and animations.

Also, damn, some of y'all are acting like they can't change her kit or animations to make her more interesting. As if they probably aren't aware of the apathy and/or weird hate boner people seem to have for her.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I suppose the new facial tech that debuted in Injustice 2 is to blame for drastic redesigns. The character faces looked better but also different from anything NRS had done before.
To be fair, they have redesigned EVERY character for almost EVERY game for the longest time now.
2sssx0vrfac21.png

They actually mentioned that scanning real faces is almost like going back to how they used to scan real actors for the original games.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MK NRS can never decide on one cohesive design. I understand new outfits but changing faces every single game?

Whack.

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
We rarely see a hairstyle like that in videogames kudos NRS I hope every strand has physics to them.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Jacqui is such a boring design. They should have given her one metal arm. Fit it in with the story. That would be awesome. The female winter soldier.