• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much abuse kids suffered under him as a college coach and how much they suffer under current college coaches. Dude expected to be able to bully nfl players like college players who have no recourse.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be the most least surprising thing ever. The clown never belonged in the NFL. Who the fuck kicks a kicker?

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot for the life of me understand why people keep hiring this guy. Anyone can figure his pattern out with even a tiny amount of scrutiny:

He goes to Florida, is a toxic asshole, rumors start to spread, "oh no I have to step away for my health or my family or something", resigns, shit comes out that yeah, he's a toxic asshole.

He gets picked up by Ohio State, he's a toxic asshole, rumors start to spread, he gets suspended for a little bit, more shit starts to be rumored, "oh no I need to retire for my family or my health or my family's health or something oh no", he "retires", shit comes out that yeah, guess what, he's a toxic asshole.

He lays low for longer this time, Jacksonville picks him up for some ungodly reason, and what do you fucking know? He's a toxic asshole and he likes to get hansy with ladies other than his wife on top of it, so much for the ol' family man, right? Plus he's upgraded from verbally abusing players to physically abusing them, what a guy!

Well at least he made a mistake this time: in the pros, the players are worth more than the coaches unlike in CFP, and they weren't going to wait around for him to mysteriously have a health scare (that he obviously is so worried about that he took TWO jobs after the first time) or try to say that he cares about his family soooo much, y'know, except for his hands, which very much prefer to be buried as deeply as possible in women other than his wife, apparently. Can't headache your way out of that one, Urban!

Fuck `em. Maybe it'll actually be three strikes and you're out, but somehow I doubt it.

Because while he was being a toxic asshole at Florida and Ohio State, he was also winning a lot and making those schools a ton of money. Hope he's done for good this time, though.

So at this point he has to go down as the wrost NFL coach of all time right ?

Bobby Petrino is up there.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Colleges need to stay away from this asshole. He leaves a toxic cesspool everywhere he goes.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Insane he got a job in the NFL that high up after all he BS in college. Absolutely ridiculous. After that Lambo admission he became full poison lol.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I am reminded of the scene from Ted Lasso where Coach Beard tells Ted that these guys are professionals and for them, it matters.

Simply, Meyer couldn't get away with abusing/being a dick to paid professionals. He couldn't treat vets the same way he treated guys on scholarships.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Michael Thomas stays ignorant (Thomas is a former Buckeye and current NFL player on the Saints for those unfamiliar)

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Urban was Khan's dream coach/hire. If he wasn't a garbage human being, he could have easily gone 0-17 and still been there next season.

It's truly remarkable how AWFUL he had to be to get fired like this.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Jags should send a thank you letter to the player who came out about being kicked. By all accounts they were prepared to give Meyer another season which would have been a massive waste all around.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
SEC coaches who didn't win 12 games this year

giphy.gif

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
surprise he got fired before another "health issue" popped up

Mar 4, 2021
Berlin, Germany
So at this point he has to go down as the wrost NFL coach of all time right ?

Goes head to head with Bobby Petrino.
Still remember that joker going 3-10, fleeing under cover of darkness, then getting introduced at Arkansas mid-NFL-season before most folks even realized what had happened. lol
The worst coach is between them if we exclude owners coaching. But it wasn't the worst tenure imho this is still BB with the Jets.

Oct 25, 2017
Jags didn't even show the common courtesy of letting Urbz fake a heart attack on the way out.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot for the life of me understand why people keep hiring this guy. Anyone can figure his pattern out with even a tiny amount of scrutiny:

He goes to Florida, is a toxic asshole, rumors start to spread, "oh no I have to step away for my health or my family or something", resigns, shit comes out that yeah, he's a toxic asshole.

He gets picked up by Ohio State, he's a toxic asshole, rumors start to spread, he gets suspended for a little bit, more shit starts to be rumored, "oh no I need to retire for my family or my health or my family's health or something oh no", he "retires", shit comes out that yeah, guess what, he's a toxic asshole.

He lays low for longer this time, Jacksonville picks him up for some ungodly reason, and what do you fucking know? He's a toxic asshole and he likes to get hansy with ladies other than his wife on top of it, so much for the ol' family man, right? Plus he's upgraded from verbally abusing players to physically abusing them, what a guy!

Well at least he made a mistake this time: in the pros, the players are worth more than the coaches unlike in CFP, and they weren't going to wait around for him to mysteriously have a health scare (that he obviously is so worried about that he took TWO jobs after the first time) or try to say that he cares about his family soooo much, y'know, except for his hands, which very much prefer to be buried as deeply as possible in women other than his wife, apparently. Can't headache your way out of that one, Urban!

Fuck `em. Maybe it'll actually be three strikes and you're out, but somehow I doubt it.

because despite being a toxic asshole as Florida and Ohio st, he won like 85% of his games and produced three national titles. This isn't Bobby Petrino or Lane Kiffin here. Even without all the bullshit and off field assholery, it was going to be a tough sell for a guy like Urban to adjust to the pro game and be successful in the NFL. But it's not hard fo figure out why he got the opportunity, and why he will get another college coaching job in a heartbeat if he wants if.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Losing multiple games in the back half of the season, often by several touchdowns, should get you fired before the season's over. Not haing a reliable backup plan is probably why they waited this long.

Argos7

Nov 20, 2020
Someone will hire him. University presidents and rabid fan bases don't care how awful you are.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking finally. I guess we now know that player abuse is Shad Khan's limit.

I know some college is going to bring him in, but I would hope that this would be the end of his career.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
You had schools clamoring for shitty ass Bobby Petrino after he left the Falcons in the middle of the night and quit via fax. Urban has won too much in college and is beloved by a lot of awful CFB fans, so he'll unfortunately get another job.
I finished my message before I mistakenly hit the post button. This situation is different imo. You can't apply his to Urban and if I'm not mistaken, Petrine was already in talks with Arkansas before he left.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I finished my message before I mistakenly hit the post button. This situation is different imo. You can't apply his to Urban and if I'm not mistaken, Petrine was already in talks with Arkansas before he left.

I think you are giving most college football ADs, fans, boosters way too much credit about how much they will care about morality. Urban is one of the best/most successful college coaches of all time. He will have a job at a school (and probably a high profile one) if he wants it. Especially if he takes a year or so off and lets the media rehab his image the way they love to do.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017

Its also an extremely different landscape now. I'm also of the opinion he's done as a coach. If scandals like bountygate happened in the last year or two Payton would have been fired.

The Jags will hire Doug Pederson as their next Head Coach.

Lock it in

I could see Jason Garrett as a candidate

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I think you are giving most college football ADs, fans, boosters way too much credit about how much they will care about morality. Urban is one of the best/most successful college coaches of all time. He will have a job at a school (and probably a high profile one) if he wants it. Especially if he takes a year or so off and lets the media rehab his image the way they love to do.
Maybe a Pac12 job but he's not going to the meat grinder SEC again and I'm sure not the BIG. His mental stability can't take it. There was a reason why he took the Jags job. He wasn't going to be in control of day to day and he wasn't recruiting. You all are forgetting that game when he bent over holding his head in pain. ADs will not jump at him like that because that image is timeless. College football is more work than the pros; especially if you are successful.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a Pac12 job but he's not going to the meat grinder SEC again and I'm sure not the BIG.

You'd be surprised. He probably lost the chance to coach Notre Dame but I bet there would be no shortage of SEC/B1G teams ready and willing to open their checkbooks for him. Everything takes a backseat to winning.

I mean both James Franklin and Brian Kelly have "questionable" character issues that involve things like rape and people dying, and both just got massive contracts at major programs. And neither won at the level Urban Meyer has.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
You'd be surprised. He probably lost the chance to coach Notre Dame but I bet there would be no shortage of SEC/B1G teams ready and willing to open their checkbooks for him. Everything takes a backseat to winning.

I mean both James Franklin and Brian Kelly have "questionable" character issues that involve things like rape and people dying, and both just got massive contracts at major programs. And neither won at the level Urban Meyer has.

I do wonder if the changed college landscape makes it more likely we'll see college players get pissed if he treats them like shit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if the changed college landscape makes it more likely we'll see college players get pissed if he treats them like shit.

College and the players in general seem to be more accepting of that type of authoritarian shit, as long as the guy doing it gives them the best chance to go pro. Its not like Nick Saban is a "players coach" either. Most of these guys are egomaniacal dickwads. Its all gravy when you are winning and your putting players in the first round.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China

Because he has 3 national championships. That would be a legendary resume if it wasn't for the fact that Nick Saban is around.