• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

Jackbox Games

In case you missed the announcement on our weekly stream or social media channels, we're making a new pack! The Jackbox Party Pack 7 is coming this fall to major digital platforms.

• We'll launch on the same platforms that we launched on for The Jackbox Party Pack 6.
  • The new pack will contain five games.
  • We've been playtesting these games and they are FUN.
That's all we have to share right now. We'll be sharing many more announcements related to The Jackbox Party Pack 7 in the coming months.
If you aren't doing so already, follow us on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to be the first to know more!

Pretty excited. I could always use more jackbox in my life.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my group of friends play these non-stop. I own all of them. Can't wait to see what's in this pack

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
It's really frustrating that the different games don't all load into one big launcher. I wish they had a free jackbox party download that would let you import all of the games you own from the various different versions.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
It's really frustrating that the different games don't all load into one big launcher. I wish they had a free jackbox party download that would let you import all of the games you own from the various different versions.
Yeah I kind of thought this would be the end game for at least the pc version, but it's not there yet. I know they're kind of spread out on all sorts of releases from tvs to old consoles but at least they're all out on pc.

If loading another game took a minute more it would be super frustrating but it usually doesn't take long to switch to another game. Especially when we know what we're going to beforehand.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Hopefully better than Jackbox 6, other than Trivia Murder Party 2 and Push the Button (arguably the best game in the entire series tbf) they all felt like stinkers to me.

egg1111115

Nov 12, 2017
CA
I loved the last two packs. Excited to see what is in this one but there's way too many great games to choose from now!

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, you have to remember which version has which games. But if they bundled them all together, it may bring attention to some of the repetition and make people draw more direct comparisons between games and versions.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
we liked the joke one and role models

even though i dont think you can play role models for more than a few times per group and have it still be good
Role Models is a bit of a mixed bag for me, it kinda depends entirely on the prompts. I didn't enjoy Joke Boat at all but I can see that being dependant on the person too.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It's a family staple at our house , any get together and we are all over it.
Push the Button has become a favourite in the last pack.
T-KO has given us many great memories with my niece and nephews.
Can't wait

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Role Models is a bit of a mixed bag for me, it kinda depends entirely on the prompts. I didn't enjoy Joke Boat at all but I can see that being dependant on the person too.

Joke Boat I feel is dependent if your friends are all on the same wavelength of humour, otherwise you're always gonna have obvious winners. Still entertaining though with the right crew

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They should start and translate a best of party pack into a few languages.

You don't know Jack was huge back in the day in Germany. There has to be money to be made in German, Spanish and French versions of the game or a best of of 1-7

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I kind of thought this would be the end game for at least the pc version, but it's not there yet. I know they're kind of spread out on all sorts of releases from tvs to old consoles but at least they're all out on pc.

If loading another game took a minute more it would be super frustrating but it usually doesn't take long to switch to another game. Especially when we know what we're going to beforehand.

Yeah it's not a HUGE pain because the games do load so quickly but for convenience it would be so much better to be able to launch every game from one launcher.

Neko_No_Naku

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah it's not a HUGE pain because the games do load so quickly but for convenience it would be so much better to be able to launch every game from one launcher.
That would be amazing since you could pick your favourites easily instead of thinking "oh wait which one was that t-shirt game?" and changing back and forth between editions. Basically my biggest pet peeve with the series.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
PP6 was worth it for Push The Button alone

cant wait for pack 7

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I love the Jackbox games, but I really wish they upped the max player count on most of them and offered a bit more host control to customize & diversify the experience a little.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We have been enjoying these with the kids through Game Pass, older party pack 2 and 3 but fun nonetheless. Might just have to take a look at 7.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Jackbox 6 was excellent so I hope we get at least that level of quality. Pretty much all games in PP 6 were good -- Dictornarium has been a favorite for our group for a while now because it only takes like 10 minutes to play a game though.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Game #3 for Party Pack 7 has been revealed:

Jackbox Games

People who know games better than me have suggested it looks like a drawing version of The Champion of the Wild

Each round of battle begins with players drawing and naming two types of characters: a favorite and an underdog. When you create a favorite, you know what unusual title you're trying to win, like the Champion of Cowards. The only information you get when creating an underdog, however, is which character they'll be matched up against, so you must analyze your opponent and create what you hope is a worthy challenger. When the action starts, favorites will be pitted against underdogs and mayhem / major upsets will ensue.

The "fighting" culminates with a tag team round in which players can tag out new characters with previous ones. Is it wiser to keep the same character in or go to your bench full of misfits? It all depends on the contest. If you want to become the GOAT, you've got to win the vote.

yeah i dont really know how that plays but im sure it will be fun!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Also, of all the games in this world, I didn't expect this to be one that gets a Quite A Fan Art Following, but these champs have caught peoples' imaginations.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Couple days late but a new game!

Jackbox Games

What if a party game focused on the most terrifying activity of all: public speaking? And what if that party game raised the stakes even further by making you give a speech with zero prep and gave you an assistant who may or may not have your best interest at heart? Would it help if the game embraced the fact that all of the speeches would be very very stupid? Hopefully so because today we're announcing the fourth game in The Jackbox Party Pack 7, Talking Points.

In Talking Points, you and your friends take turns giving short speeches that revolve entirely around responding to slides that you have not seen in advance. If it's a text slide you read the text out loud, if it's a picture slide… you say whatever comes to mind, whether it makes sense or… well, it probably won't make sense.

In addition, you'll all take turns being the Assistant to one of the other Speakers. While they speak, you use your phone or tablet to pick the next set of slides. Maybe a picture of a flock of birds is exactly what they need to underscore the nuanced point they're making. Or maybe you'll pick a picture of a dumpster fire just to see what happens.

At the same time everyone else responds to the speeches and slides with their moment-to-moment real time reactions. Because what piece of data could be more important than whether your spontaneous fart joke "moved the needle" of public opinion?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still have no idea why they bother making 4 or 5 game packs, when they should have gone for a GaaS style setup where you can have one place and pick the games you want. Every pack comes with 1 or 2 good games, the rest tends to be throwaway trash. Its either drawn-out games that take far too long to get into, or games that just don't have a good hook to them. At least give players the choice to get good titles and avoid the pack filler.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
We've been playing Jackbox games with the group at work every week since we started WFH back in March. It's been a blast and everyone loves it, but the replayability of the same games is getting old. My main complaint is how so many of these games could be so much more fun if they scalled to a higher player count and had more options to tailor the game to your needs.

And yeah moving towards a unified launcher where you can access all the games and buy them piece-meal where it registers your previous purchases would be grand. Hopefully their recent boom in popularity prompts them to do more with the series then just release more game packs that always have a sequel entry in them

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I absolutely love Quiplash 2, but it's in desperate need of some quality of life upgrades. Being able to choose the number of rounds is one. Allowing you to cut the explanation would be awesome too (games like Trivia Murder Party 2 added the option). A larger pool of questions and a larger variety of "Last Lash" prompts/activities would be nice too. With those features this would be a must buy for me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I still have no idea why they bother making 4 or 5 game packs, when they should have gone for a GaaS style setup where you can have one place and pick the games you want. Every pack comes with 1 or 2 good games, the rest tends to be throwaway trash. Its either drawn-out games that take far too long to get into, or games that just don't have a good hook to them. At least give players the choice to get good titles and avoid the pack filler.
That's why they don't do it your way lol