• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn''t know they were going to make more after Dunn died.
Still, I remember seeing 3 in 3D in theaters opening weekend and having never laughed so hard at a film in my life.
Dave England has my favourite bits - getting knocked out by the inflatable punching bag and the 3d volcano shit.

My wife has never seen them and I'm curious if she'd enjoy them in 2020 like I did twenty years ago.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They certainly influenced a lot of my peers to go around and grind their crotches on random people so that was a thing I guess.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It was never mean spirited, which is easy to accidentally fall into with practical jokes, and even back then reality tv was already taking a dark turn.

Like when was the last time you watched anything involving real footage that involved a group of people and they were genuine friends and not forced together in an influencer house or something, lol
I really don't agree with it never being mean spirited, the difference is that if they were mean spirited, it wasn't to random "innocent" people and instead was done to their friends who might have a chance to get back at them at some point or they themselves were the butt of the joke or suffered the pain/humiliation. But even if the pranks often ended with laughs or laughs mixed with a little anger, there were definitely moments where people had their feelings pretty hurt so you know they might have taken things too far.

I definitely think that Bam could be a total asshole to his parents and his friends at times, especially on his own show. I remember Bam had one of his friends crashing at his place and because Bam would buy him food and stuff and his friend wasn't working and sleeping on the couch, Bam would use it as an excuse to treat him like his bitch and hit his friend with shit and make him do things. Maybe it was played up for the show since his friend would just kind laugh it off like, "yeah I'm sleeping on his couch so I deserve it," but Bam would have that sort of dynamic even with his parents where he was making the money and they were living with him so he got to get away with being an asshole. It's like one of those situations where Bam is super generous with his friends and family, but at the same time can use his position as being controlling and abusive.

Someone like Steve-O would often be the one abusing himself in gags, more so than many others, but I think Johnny Knoxville was a bit of a psychopath, where if he didn't go out of his way to show that he cared for his friend's feelings and well-being at times, I think he enjoys the misery and pain of others just a little too much.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Poor Eren always seemed to bear the brunt of the worst skits lol.

jackass3-2.gif

Yeah, I'm not sure how he got on the show but it definitely felt like he was the odd man out. Everyone else seemed like they were in on it and part of the crew, but for whatever reason it didn't seem like anyone respected Ehren at all. And he clearly got stuck doing the absolute worst stunts, the worst in my opinion being the Lamborghini Tooth Pull.

I actually recently saw a video of Steve-O talking about that stunt. Ehren actually fractured his skull, they were told later that they should have laid him down so the tooth was pulled straight of his head. Instead it was pulled forward which put a bunch of stress on his skull.

The story behind the stunt was pretty interesting, it was originally filmed for Jackass 2 with Don Vito in Ehren's place. He had a tooth that was basically about to fall out anyway, his teeth were horrible in general and it was rotten or something. Steve-O said it basically looked like you could have pulled it out little effort. Bam told Don Vito if he let him pull it out with his Lamborghini for the movie that he'd pay for a set of fake teeth. Don Vito agreed, they shot the stunt, but during editing he fondled an underage girl (at a press event or something I believe, I can't remember the details) so all of his appearances in the film were removed. Jeff Tremaine loved the imagery of a tooth being pulled by a car though, so they recreated it for 3D, except they didn't have anyone else with unhealthy teeth so they did it on Ehren even though his were totally fine.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I never followed the Jackass crew all that much, but I remember the credits of Jackass 3 giving me nostalgia for something that I oddly enough shouldn't have had nostalgia for.

I'm also incredibly proud of Steve-O for his turn around this past decade.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I looked forward to this show so much in high school, lol. I think the movie might have been the first movie I drove me and all my friends to as well.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah some of the stuff they did was very dumb but you could tell that they were all friends.

I remember hearing how they made sure to have zero alcohol at all times on the set of Jackass 3 to celebrate Steve-O's sobriety.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My nine year old son is currently playing Tony Hawk on PlayStation.

My seven year old son is currently begging to watch Jackass Number Two.

Nothing has changed.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Yeah I was a teenager at the time and it really captured a moment. I hadn't realised it ended after only two years though. I remembered the show lasting longer than that

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
It's so stupid.

It is so FREAKING stupid.

...And the first 2 movies are in the very small handful of movies that have made me literally cry with laughter.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure how he got on the show but it definitely felt like he was the odd man out. Everyone else seemed like they were in on it and part of the crew, but for whatever reason it didn't seem like anyone respected Ehren at all. And he clearly got stuck doing the absolute worst stunts, the worst in my opinion being the Lamborghini Tooth Pull.

I actually recently saw a video of Steve-O talking about that stunt. Ehren actually fractured his skull, they were told later that they should have laid him down so the tooth was pulled straight of his head. Instead it was pulled forward which put a bunch of stress on his skull.

The story behind the stunt was pretty interesting, it was originally filmed for Jackass 2 with Don Vito in Ehren's place. He had a tooth that was basically about to fall out anyway, his teeth were horrible in general and it was rotten or something. Steve-O said it basically looked like you could have pulled it out little effort. Bam told Don Vito if he let him pull it out with his Lamborghini for the movie that he'd pay for a set of fake teeth. Don Vito agreed, they shot the stunt, but during editing he fondled an underage girl (at a press event or something I believe, I can't remember the details) so all of his appearances in the film were removed. Jeff Tremaine loved the imagery of a tooth being pulled by a car though, so they recreated it for 3D, except they didn't have anyone else with unhealthy teeth so they did it on Ehren even though his were totally fine.

God, I was certain that was a staged skit.

Poor Ehren

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
"They think they're arriving at a photoshoot by the limo, but what they don't repair is we've got a shit load of bees we're gonna pour in through the sunroof."

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
bad grandpa was also very heartfelt surprisingly. I️ know it's not in the same way the article is saying jackass is but it certainly caught me off guard. Prob my fav jackass adjacent thing

It's not discussed often, but I actually think that Jackass did a lot to battle homophobia/toxic masculinity in high school environments. I saw kids going from "I can't sit next to a guy in a car," to wrestling in thongs because Steve-O and Pomtius were cool with it. It certainly wasn't the most respectable way to go about it, but it got some results. I always thought that'd be an interesting subject for an article or essay.
You know. I️ never thought about this but I️ could see it. It certainly felt that way

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always love Jackass, but could never quite get behind anything Bam Margera did. He felt like the only truly cruel person - the shit he does to his parents is ridiculous.

Oct 27, 2017
I adore Jackass. My god. It has a lot of heart and as a British kid I always thought it did a really good job at meshing our sense of silly with a more "loud" American style of comedy. It was a time where you couldn't walk home from high school without being shoved through the nearest bush, so that was fun.

Might spend my weekend watching this and playing Tony Hawk.

Oct 29, 2017
I can't wait for 4. Love the whole crew and they were a huge influence. Skateboarding and hijinks, doesn't get any better

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
As weird as this is going to sound, Jackass is directly responsible for me and my father getting much closer to each other. I can explain...

I am actually pretty close in age to the Jackass crew. I will be 47 in a few months.
Although me and my friends were nowhere near the level they were, I also grew up skateboarding, going to punk rock / hardcore shows, etc. etc. We were very much of the same ilk, except for the extreme stunts and pranks shit.

My dad never got me and my friends. Used to literally say shit like I was wasting my potential all for a piece of wood (the skateboard). I was a pretty good athlete growing up, was particularly good at baseball, but I decided when I was 12 fuck organized sports I just want to skate all of the time. My dad held a resentment for a very long time because of that decision.

Fast forward to the first movie coming out, somehow my dad winds up watching it on his own. For whatever reason it all clicks with him, I do believe the aforementioned camaraderie of these guys really hit home. My dad literally apologizes to me, tells me it reminds him of me and my friends, and he gets why I dedicated so much of my life to skateboarding, my friends, and the music I listened to.

So yeah, Jackass made me and my father become way closer.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I laughed my ass off back then. Not sure what i'd think of it nowadays but i guess some of the early stuff is still pretty funny.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine someone telling you back in 2000 that someday Steve-O would be held in higher regard and admiration than say whomever would be the current President of the United States in the year 2020 how insane that would sound. Yet here we are. I've always loved Jackass and the guys involved. How is Bam doing these days? I know he was all messed up for a while after Dunn died.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Imagine someone telling you back in 2000 that someday Steve-O would be held in higher regard and admiration than say whomever would be the current President of the United States in the year 2020 how insane that would sound. Yet here we are. I've always loved Jackass and the guys involved. How is Bam doing these days? I know he was all messed up for a while after Dunn died.

Supposedly doing well, went to rehab and it seems to be sticking this time.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I used to like it when I was a very stoned teen/early 20 year old, but I tried to watch it again recently and just didn't find it funny any more.

I'm not saying I'm too good for it now or anything dumb like that but I think my tastes have changed a lot since then.

Same. I watched the first movie as a high af 20-something and laughed to the point of crying. I tried watching the second a while ago (it's on Netflix) and I had to turn it off after 20 minutes. I felt like they used all the good ideas in the first one and I was watching leftovers, but more likely it's just me. It's not funny anymore.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
So many nights watching Jackass on MTV back in the days, seems so long ago now

We even had a local ripoff of the concept which i never found as funny and they never went as far as the original with their stuff