• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this takes me back. I miss Jackass, although it could toe the line with being a bit too gross and wince-inducing for me at times.
I was more into Viva la Bam cuz it had much the same spirit but was more focused on family prank shenanigans than outright gross and painful stuff (and also cuz Bam was rly cute back then and lil me had a crush lol).

Aaah now I wanna go back and rewatch all of these shows/movies sometime.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
The three Jackass movies are the top three movie experiences theater of my life, seeing all opening weekend. Such a rowdy crowd laughing their fucking asses off for 90 minutes straight

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
The three Jackass movies are the top three movie experiences theater of my life, seeing all opening weekend. Such a rowdy crowd laughing their fucking asses off for 90 minutes straight

them and Borat for me tbh.
Never heard a crowd just laugh like they did with those 4 movies

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this takes me back. I miss Jackass, although it could toe the line with being a bit too gross and wince-inducing for me at times.
I was more into Viva la Bam cuz it had much the same spirit but was more focused on family prank shenanigans than outright gross and painful stuff (and also cuz Bam was rly cute back then and lil me had a crush lol).

Aaah now I wanna go back and rewatch all of these shows/movies sometime.

I didn't love Viva La Bam, it just felt like a fake reality show with a little bit of Jackass sprinkled in here and there. I still watched it, but I greatly preferred Wildboyz. That one carried on the true Jackass spirit in my estimation.

Oct 27, 2017
With THPS1+2 out, I've been wanting to dust off my landspeed/cky dvds from Bam that acted as a part inspiration for the show (where many early Jackass skits come from, Knoxville having his own crew beforehand too).

I really do hope they get Bam into a THPS3 remake.

Oct 25, 2017
Documentary on Hulu about how they all came together was so interesting.
DumbDocPoster.jpg

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Yeah Jackass will forever be its own thing. i remember it first coming on like wtf are these dudes doing but it was hilarious. Bam fucking with his parents was pure comedy.

and the fact that they're all buddys and not actors is what makes it work for me. To this day, the golf cart air horn prank always makes me laugh until my stomach hurts.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't love Viva La Bam, it just felt like a fake reality show with a little bit of Jackass sprinkled in here and there. I still watched it, but I greatly preferred Wildboyz. That one carried on the true Jackass spirit in my estimation.
We musta liked different things outta the show then lol. Wildboyz was too much for me and I didn't really like any of what I watched of it -- although admittedly I only ever caught a few episodes of it.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
We musta liked different things outta the show then lol. Wildboyz was too much for me and I didn't really like any of what I watched of it -- although admittedly I only ever caught a few episodes of it.

Understandable, seeing that you didn't like the "gross and painful stuff." That's pretty much all Wildboyz was, haha.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not discussed often, but I actually think that Jackass did a lot to battle homophobia/toxic masculinity in high school environments. I saw kids going from "I can't sit next to a guy in a car," to wrestling in thongs because Steve-O and Pomtius were cool with it. It certainly wasn't the most respectable way to go about it, but it got some results. I always thought that'd be an interesting subject for an article or essay.

Kind of agreed with this, the way they portrayed their friendship seemed positive in a lot of ways that made my friends less reluctant to show basic affection.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
This was really a lightning in a bottle type situation. its time came and went, but never deteriorated or got old. It is still as funny today as it was then.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I used to like it when I was a very stoned teen/early 20 year old, but I tried to watch it again recently and just didn't find it funny any more.

I'm not saying I'm too good for it now or anything dumb like that but I think my tastes have changed a lot since then.

Oct 30, 2017
I always remember being surprised at hearing the Minutemen on tv during the intro. That was certainly not a band you'd have heard in any form prior on Mtv.
The movies were certainly an experience in the theater.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Jackass will forever be its own thing. i remember it first coming on like wtf are these dudes doing but it was hilarious. Bam fucking with his parents was pure comedy.

and the fact that they're all buddys and not actors is what makes it work for me. To this day, the golf cart air horn prank always makes me laugh until my stomach hurts.

I'm in tears šŸ˜‚. The air horn sound is sooo hilarous

Oct 26, 2017
I still hold the opinion that the scene in Jackass 3D, where the party blower was unraveled from between a man's buttocks is the single most impressive use of stereoscopic 3D in the entire history of cinema. And I'm not even joking.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I still hold the opinion that the scene in Jackass 3D, where the party blower was unraveled from between a man's buttocks is the single most impressive use of stereoscopic 3D in the entire history of cinema. And I'm not even joking.
Yeah the 3D in that movie had no right to be as good as it did. That damn model train volcano skit... šŸ¤¢šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
The thing is that they did some absolutely disgusting shit, but also really creative things that, let's be honest, i bet a lot of us would've liked to do.

I mean, i would've done the same thing here, flying around just because i could:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My friends and I adored Jackass back in the day. When you're young, dumb, and overflowing with testosterone, these hijinks are hilarious.

I still find it funny, though for some different reasons at times. And yea, the bond these guys shared is obvious and was back then as well.

Sep 10, 2020
Pretty weird seeing people stan for these guys considering the mean spirited shit they did to members of the public and people just trying to do their jobs who got wrapped up into their puerile nonsense.

I can think of multiple skits off the top of my head that would be considered textbook sexual assault.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Dunn's death kind of ruined some of that for me. Not just because he died, but because he drunk drove himself and the passenger into a tree going 3 times the speed limit.

Oct 27, 2017
Fond memories of Jackass and the movies, the show was right in my wheelhouse when it aired during my preteen/early teen years and it was quoted and talked about a lot in school. Maybe 2000, 2001 my friends and I took a broken and discarded shopping cart from a local market (with permission) and did some 'Jackass' stunts with it into the bushes, nothing serious but the memory sticks out because a neighbor called the police on us thinking we stole the shopping cart. Man I miss being a stupid kid.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The 3D and slowmo in 3 was glorious

Remember the whole cinema just losing their shit at the flying dildo and jiggling balls

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that they did some absolutely disgusting shit, but also really creative things that, let's be honest, i bet a lot of us would've liked to do.

I mean, i would've done the same thing here, flying around just because i could:

šŸ˜‚
Holy Christ I'm laughing so hard.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
My least favorite stuff is always the public stuff, the stunts are always gold.

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the first Jackass movie on opening weekend with a packed crowd which also consisted of the whole 2002 Arizona Wildcats basketball team, Luke Walton, Andre Iguodala and Channing Frye among them. Such an awesome live experience watching the movie.

Oct 25, 2017
The Jai Alai bit from the show put me in tears

I also found it amusing that Bam managed to be the worst of the entire group. He was always the biggest whiner and would be the one doing the dumbest, not even funny stuff.