• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
The thread title literally says, in all caps, major spoilers. And no there were a few people proping up another theory that was since been taken down. We know this is legit.
Well post it in the actual SPOILER thread rather than here. People will have come in thinking that one aspect was out in the wild and so it wouldn't matter anyway as they'd see it on Twitter or Facebook, but then they have people confirming it. The spoiler in the title refers to the original post, not people confirming it, so stop confirming what may or may not be a spoiler.

Nov 27, 2017
I'm kinda avoiding spoilers but won't be too pissed it I read any, so I came into this thread. But I haven't gone an opened any of the spoiler tags yet. Can someone just describe how it's a spoiler? They show something? I'm just curious.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well post it in the actual SPOILER thread rather than here. People will have come in thinking that one aspect was out in the wild and so it wouldn't matter anyway as they'd see it on Twitter or Facebook, but then they have people confirming it. The spoiler in the title refers to the original post, not people confirming it, so stop confirming what may or may not be a spoiler.
Major spoilers in the title of the thread. Its fine, relax. Dont walk into threads with all caps saying MAJOR SPOILERS and get mad about spoilers. By your logic people could have an issue walking into the spoiler thread as well.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
LOL there is no official promotion for that, its the social media team reacting to either a logical guess or an alleged leak. You need to calm down dude.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody would've assumed this was a spoiler until you said it was one. Otherwise it's just an educated guess.

All this thread is, is "I spoiled myself on the next episode and saw someone guessing correctly about what happens. I need to scream at everyone that's exactly what happens and then get mad when people get upset at learning this!!!"

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing spoilery about that tweet. That a thing that could happen, not something that deffo will happen.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Major spoilers in the title of the thread. Its fine, relax. Dont walk into threads with all caps saying MAJOR SPOILERS and get mad about spoilers. By your logic people could have an issue walking into the spoiler thread as well.
It's fine warning about a spoiler from a specific source. But don't go extending that to open spoilers or confirming the original post. If I go in the GoT spoiler thread, tell everyone how Endgame ends and then say "Spoilers dude, in the title!" what would happen? The Spoilers refers to the Jack in the Box advert and nothing else. It is not fair to treat this as an open spoilers thread.

I couldn't give a fuck about spoilers personally, I've read all of them, but this advert is probably just guess work and yet people have used it to piggyback spoilers into a thread that is purely about spoilers in the advert. Do you not think that people will have seen the advert already and want to discuss whether it may be true without getting confirmation?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nobody would've assumed this was a spoiler until you said it was one. Otherwise it's just an educated guess.

All this thread is, is "I spoiled myself on the next episode and saw someone guessing correctly about what happens. I need to scream at everyone that's exactly what happens and then get mad when people get upset at learning this!!!"
I too walk into spoiler threads to get mad at spoilers.
There's nothing spoilery about that tweet. That a thing that could happen, not something that deffo will happen.
No it absolutely happens lol. We have the leaks.
It's fine warning about a spoiler from a specific source. But don't go extending that to open spoilers or confirming the original post. If I go in the GoT spoiler thread, tell everyone how Endgame ends and then say "Spoilers dude, in the title!" what would happen? The Spoilers refers to the Jack in the Box advert and nothing else. It is not fair to treat this as an open spoilers thread.

I couldn't give a fuck about spoilers personally, I've read all of them, but this advert is probably just guess work and yet people have used it to piggyback spoilers into a thread that is purely about spoilers in the advert. Do you not think that people will have seen the advert already and want to discuss whether it may be true without getting confirmation?
And they would have no way of getting said confirmation unless they came into this thread and spoiled it for themselves. How would they know what ad exactly is being spoken about without entering this thread? They wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.