• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yass please, I'm surprised it's taken this long for Invincible to get a real adaptation. It should be a live action series actually. Now do Wolf-Man.
I feel like a live action show would need a budget too big and a movie would condense the story too much. Animated show is like the perfect realistic form for an adaptation of it.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder who's gonna play Rex.

Name the arcs that don't revolve around Mark getting turned into ground beef, fuck up his relationships, his supporting cast being more interersting than him, and ends with him suddenly now being more powerful than who he was fighting and killing them.
That arc right before the time travel isn't like that IIRC.

But yeah, all the great arcs like Conquest and the Viltrumite War are 100% DBZ.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
Thought this was referring to the Mark Wahlberg eagles film but I guess this sounds ok too

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I read the shit out of Invincible when I had my Comixology free trial and I'm going to watch the shit out of this whenever it comes out

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is it possible that they've just cast the voices but they plan to premiere it next year?

Is it going to look like shit?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bumping this old thread because it looks like almost the full cast has been revealed. In addition to Yeun, Simmons, etc.

collider.com

Invincible Amazon Animated Series Full Cast, Character Lineup Revealed

The complete cast and character roster for Amazon adult animated series Invincible was revealed by co-creator Robert Kirkman during a Skybound Expo panel.

• Zazie Beetz will voice Amber Bennett
  • Chris Diamantopolous will voice Doc Seismic
  • Walton Goggins will voice Cecil Steadman
  • Grey Griffin will voice Shrinking Rae & Amanda (Monster Girl as Girl)
  • Kevin Michael Richardson will voice Mauler 1, Mauler 2 & Monster Girl (as Monster)
  • Mark Hamill will voice Art
  • Gillian Jacobs will voice Atom Eve
  • Melise will voice Dulpi-Kate
  • Jason Mantzoukas will voice Rex Splode
  • Andrew Rannells will voice William Clockwell
  • Seth Rogen will voice Allen the Alien

Last edited:

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Had no idea this was happening. I wonder what the rating will be.

I hope they address some of the bigger problems from the series, like the odd tonal shifts (sometimes intentional, sometimes poorly thought-out) and some weird stuff they do with the female characters.

such as Eve recovering from a near-death experience and, for no purpose whatsoever, gets bigger boobs because "powers"
sorry didn't mean to quote such an old post.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the gender flipped Shrinking Ray. I do hope this is good, adapting the book to a T I think will backfire.

Oct 26, 2017
Goggins as Cecil?

source.gif

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I fell off midway through that reboot storyline. Did this book end well? What happened with the lady who raped Mark?

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I fell off midway through that reboot storyline. Did this book end well? What happened with the lady who raped Mark?
If I remember right
she has a son from the rape and sacrificed herself in the final battle. Their son would eventually take over the Invincible mantle in the future

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Any release date yet? I heard Amazon from someone on Reddit that they sent out some preview episodes to select Amazon Prime accounts.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice. If the cast is this stacked then I guess that means they have the budget. Do we have any idea who's doing the animation? That's a real make-or-break for an action show like this.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stoked for this but amazon cancels things I️ like (jcvd or the tick quickly) so I️ don't have high hopes

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I did not know this was in the works! The comic was incredible (I read first ~50-60 issues)!

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I'm curious how the show plans on handling some of that stuff.
I hope it all goes well but despite me liking the first arcs, I can't help remember how tiring that book got with the cynical ultraviolence and that really turns me off from trying an adaption.

Don't even get me started on the dead end plots that were purely born from Kirkman being annoyed at some story going on at the big two.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I read the first five hardcover collections and I honestly don't remember anything beyond the first arc.
In 2015 I marathoned from the beginning and caught up to issue 117 and had to wait for more issues to publish. But I havent been back since and all i remember is the first arc and where i left off, everything else in between is a blur.

My reaction to seeing most invincible characters now is between "oh yeah them, what ended up happening to them again?" Or "wait who is this?"

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I hope it all goes well but despite me liking the first arcs, I can't help remember how tiring that book got with the cynical ultraviolence and that really turns me off from trying an adaption.

Don't even get me started on the dead end plots that were purely born from Kirkman being annoyed at some story going on at the big two.
Did you mean you don't like the ultraviolence? I heard they kept that.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Cohan will voice the Wonder Woman-inspired War Woman; James will voice the Batman-based Darkwing; Coleman will voice Martian Man, a spin on Martian Manhunter; Cudlitz will voice Red Rush, a take on The Flash; and Martin-Green will voice the Green Lantern-esque Green Ghost. Marquand, who's proven to be a master of impressions, will voice two roles: the Aquaman-inspired Aquarius, as well as the undying Immortal.

ew.com

'The Walking Dead' stars Lauren Cohan, Lennie James, more reunite for 'Invincible' series

'Invincible,' based on 'Walking Dead' creator Robert Kirkman's comics, will see six more 'TWD' stars assemble again.
]

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
why am I just finding about this.

I just hope the animation if close to the comics and not a DC animation style rip-off