• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
In the last 2 years, I've played Tales Of Berseria, Persona 5, Breath Of The Wild, and Mario Odyssey, and in all of them, I've really enjoyed the chance to dress up the characters. This is especially the case in games like Berseria and Odyssey, where you can mix and match ridiculous combinations. In Berseria I might have spent half of the game giving my characters random grab bags of stuff, like this:

Tales-of-Berseria-review-7-1024x580.jpg

And of course everyone loves underwear Mario:

Having freedom over my character's appearance is great, like I'm a kid again screwing the heads off of lego toys and putting them on bodies that don't quite match. What are your favorite games that give you a lot of costume/aesthetic customization?

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Souls games are primarily about fashion. The boss fights and exploration are just a meas to find more weapons and clothes

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I loooove all the legacy costumes in Tales of games.

Check out Resonance of Fate OP. Cool JRPG with a ton of clothing options:

resonance-of-fate-2.png

rttp-resonance-of-fate-neogaf-resonance-of-fate-outfits.jpg

fun-games-that-emphasize-fashion-and-clothing-neogaf-resonance-of-fate-outfits.jpg

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
In the last 2 years, I've played Tales Of Berseria, Persona 5, Breath Of The Wild, and Mario Odyssey, and in all of them, I've really enjoyed the chance to dress up the characters. This is especially the case in games like Berseria and Odyssey, where you can mix and match ridiculous combinations. In Berseria I might have spent half of the game giving my characters random grab bags of stuff, like this:

And of course everyone loves underwear Mario:

Having freedom over my character's appearance is great, like I'm a kid again screwing the heads off of lego toys and putting them on bodies that don't quite match. What are your favorite games that give you a lot of costume/aesthetic customization?

Here you go OP:

I have no idea if you actually collect costumes in that game.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah Resonance of Fate. Like, the most exciting drops are new costumes, eye or hair color sprays, or accessories. I can buy a 10th barrel to add to my gun but costumes are one of a kind. Tons of mix and matching.

The Last Story also has a vibrant costume system. There's presets but you can remove jackets or armor pieces and change their color. Surprisingly versatile.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Monster Hunter World is all about fashion, everything else is a means to an end. Filler keeping you from being the most fashion character in the world

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
Tri Force Heroes is a game where the story is almost all about dressing up and about the outfits! Some of them are really funny too.

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
Tekken 7 and Soulcalibur VI with all their customization options. All of the Saints Row games. Street Fighter V and Mortal Kombat 11, but you have to grind to get those skins. Bayonetta has a lot of Nintendo-based alternate costumes, each with their own unique abilities. Dead or Alive 5, especially the Last Round version, has a shit ton of costumes. A lot of them are for the ladies. but the male fighters do have a decent amount.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Well since you mentioned Tales, Vesperia has a ton of costumes to unlock. You'd definitely need to use a guide to get all of them though because there is a hell of a lot of going back to places no person ever would in really small time frames. I supposed it's better than being charged for all the costumes though like every Tales game after it does.

Jan 9, 2018
Monster hunter world has both, cool looking and silly looking costumes, and you can also do Alloy, Ryu, Gerald and Dante cosplay... It's a gem.

Also Splatoon is great with the costumes.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Have you gotten Vesperia on Switch yet since it seems like you own one? That's another option.

As someone else said there's also Astral Chain.

FFXIV you can literally run around as a frog man scary hybrid nightmare creation.

Dynasty Warriors 8: https://koei.fandom.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_8/DLC

Pretty sure the Switch version has every piece of dlc so get that if you want the plethora of random ass costumes.
Is this DW8 or Dw8 Xtreme Legends? I was big on the Legends series for character creation but haven't been back on that wagon in years. Do they still have creation and does XLegends have this dlc too? I love the DW4 and 5 costumes.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Is this DW8 or Dw8 Xtreme Legends? I was big on the Legends series for character creation but haven't been back on that wagon in years. Do they still have creation and does XLegends have this dlc too? I love the DW4 and 5 costumes.
Xtreme Legends does not have this dlc because Koei are cheapskates, and the Ps4/PC 'Complete' editions don't have them either, only the Switch version does. Sadly there's no character creation in this XL iteration of DW8 either, only Empires.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man ps4, Batman Arkham City, Bloodborne, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Dead Rising (any of them), Sonic Forces, late game WoW, Apex Legends, Fortnite, and Overwatch