• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 15, 2020
$1000 on a down jacket. To be fair it was really cold where I bought it and it did the job. I only needed a short sleeve shirt underneath.

It was a pain having to take it off every time I got on the subway or a bus and then back on after getting off.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I had to pay $700 for glasses. Insurance covered most for a pair for me and my wife, but I got the added blue light and thinner lenses that added more, but also needed a second pair specifically for work.

Oct 27, 2017
Not much. I got a pair of Adidas track pants today for around 30 bucks. Also a pair of dark blue skinny jeans from Old Navy for about 30 bucks as well.

I don't spend over 60 bucks on shoes, and I only buy like 1 pair every year. Same thing with jackets, but I spent about 200 bucks on a pea coat once. About 100 on a leather jacket.

Hot Topic and other stores usually have good sales on band tees/merch, so I don't mind throwing down 20 bucks on a nice tee shirt to support my favorite artist/band.

I occasionally wear button up / business casual shirts too, but I don't think I spend much on that stuff either. I'm pretty frugal and minimal when it comes to fashion. I don't even wear watches.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Around $400 CAD for a pair of Thursday Boots is the most I've spent on fashion. Very happy with them though.

Mar 3, 2018
Probably my Celiné prescription glasses. Came to around $700~ after getting lenses and everything.

celine-square-sunglasses-in-acetate-with-polarized-lenses-black-sunglasses-celine-eyewear.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I was just going say that if anything these would be likely the most costly items I would buy. I'm not into watches like that, but I've been eyeing a unique looking $280 one.

I've haven't gone too crazy with suits because the one I bought from suit supply was such nice quality and perfectly tailored, that I haven't felt the need to buy another.

I'm never going to spend more than $100 on sunglasses with how often I lose them. Just a dumb purchase for me.

I've been waiting a year for the local AD to give me a call and offer me the privilege of spending $10K on a watch.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
my eyes are so bad with frames and lenses my shit always comes to like $700.

I'm gonna do lasik and just be like fuck it in a couple of years.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
For myself... I think $150 for some shoes or a dress. I can't bring myself to pay for more $200 on one item.

I splurge more on gifts though. For Christmas I bought my bf a watch that was $500... cheap considering what most watches are sold for. Thank god for payment plans!

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe over $700 for a pair of Lanvin boots in the 2009 mens collection. They were on sale and i have a spending addiction so I got the highs and the mids

56873.jpg

glasses: about $160 out of pocket after insurance on a pair of nearly $400 frames.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Warby Parker is cheap and good for glasses.

I spend much less often than I used to on fashion. Cutting down to the minimum.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Around $5k for Louboutin shoes and $8k for a Brioni suit are my most expensive fashion purchases. Actually, got a couple suits that are over 2.5k - my Hugo boss (just at around 2.5k), my Brioni, my Tom Ford, and a Ginza tailor bespoke

oh and total of 6 louboutin shoes ranging from $800 to $5k

Last edited:

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
I paid $1000 for a bomber jacket, it was dry clean only and was accidentally machine washed and got ruined. Never again.

Tenck

Oct 27, 2017
Glasses can get expensive. I spent about $560 for my last pair and I'm quite happy with my purchase.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
~250 for shoes but I'm eyeing this jacket that costs like $2000-$3000 ehenever I can afford it 👀

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Bought two doc martens on a whim, and proceeded to never wear them cause they're so uncomfortable they literally made my toes numb. I keep them in my closet for street cred I guess.

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a sexy frame of glasses, I tend to gravitate towards half frame but I'm always worried about a lens popping off so the clear lower half of your glasses gives the kinda the same effect without being as delicate.

If you don't mind me asking, did you buy them at a store or online? I Because I'm not in the US so going to a store would be... complicated but they only seem to be available directly on a store.
Looking around it looks like you can grab them here for a slight upcharge: https://madehereonline.com/products...1&_sid=fc6624814&_ss=r&variant=14641857265708

But I think you'll have to take them somewhere to get RX lenses put in.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
My prescription is very weak so I only wear them when driving(maybe) but I stopped paying for vision insurance and just grab a pair from Zenni optical for cheap. A pair for $20 to watch tv and another pair for $70 with all the bells and whistles, it got old paying monthly and then another $300 every year for a new pair I barely use.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
lets just say I've bought some raw denim

lets just say I've bought some jordans at resale

lets just say I've bought some leather jackets and canada goose