• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
I still have Resistance 3, Enslaved and Lollipop Chainsaw in my PS3 backlog . . . Resistance 1 is probably my favorite FPS campaign, I should really get to 3.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Loved all 3 games at the time, didnt see the main complaints with 2, online was fun although a bit too grindy.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
R3 was a great game to Platnium and had some amazing setpieces. The sniper dark forest; the diner; the Ravenholme like section. The VTOL didn't do much for me but yeah, amazing game.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I thought the whole series was pretty bland personally. The only reason I played them was all the different alien types.

Dec 2, 2017
Has insomniac ever commented on the possibility of a remaster? It does indeed run pretty rough on standard PS3. Still my favourite FPS.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also currently playing this on PS Now and I want to add it also has really good pacing and level design.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly Resistance 1 was a great launch game, in fact the PS3 games I got at launch, Resistrance, F1 and MNotorstorm all made me very happy with my purchase.
I got Motorstorm, RFOM and Genji haha. Traded genji in the very next day.
The other two though....they were both great experiences for me personally. I have super fond memories of those games.

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Such a damn good game. However, rather than remastering just 3, I'm hoping beyond hope they remaster the whole trilogy for PS5.

*Praying to all gods for the Resistance Trilogy remaster*

Oct 27, 2017
I don't wanna be a negative nelly but I really never understood the level of extremely high praise this game got.

I guess I just don't get the series in general, as it has great ideas but ho-him execution, but I thought this one was fairly clearly inspired by half-life 2 to a very noticeable degree. While it had some creative weapons I don't recall much memorable in terms of encounter design or narrative or anything like that. I didn't even think it was particularly fun to play really, it seemS to keep brushing up against greatness but never landed for me personally.

I would like to see a reboot of the series, give it a fresh crack.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Resistance 3 is Half-Life 2 wannabe!! I liked it; it was good.

Man, I just remembered that it's almost SIX years since they shut down the servers of every R game.

Stoffinator

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! This is one series that really needs it. R2 has it's issues for sure, but would love a remaster collection.

mgrimble2

Aug 21, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Loved the Resistance series. Everything about it. My buddy and I co-op'd through the entire 3rd game together and it was so much fun.

Really hoping for a remaster colleciton for PS4 or a new entry in the series for the PS5.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Resistance 1 is a clunky but decent first entry in the series. I still remember being creeped out and thrilled by the very old beta footage of the game when I was a young teen.

2 is... both disappointing and cool. It at least had a fun trashy scifi story I got into and a really really awesome co-op mode. That shit was so good and like you said I'm sad hasn't really been properly copied or anything truly similar to it.

3 is absolutely the best of the games but it was also disappointing to me in a different way. The story was legitimately a bummer to go through not because it was morose (all of the games are basically a hopeless endeavor to defeat a seemingly unstoppable force), but because it just felt like they stopped caring about it and just wanted to wrap it up. It didn't feel like it had any of the nifty scifi world building of the previous two and it just sort of was Resistance in name only. Still a great shooter but it rang hollow to me in a different way.

Oct 27, 2017
Also currently playing this on PS Now and I want to add it also has really good pacing and level design.

It really does. I remember feeling like they did a great job of giving me just enough ammo to use all the weapon types too. I would also love a Resistance Collection (I like all the Resistance games in their own way) and it's a shame the series ended just after it had its best instalment.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Never got to play 3 and really wanted to. I really really hope there's a remaster, but I need that trilogy and not just 3.

In fact, I think if they remastered the trilogy the second one would need some tweaking. Half of my issues with it though were wonky graphics (horrible contrast and crushed blacks making all of the dark areas impossible to navigate easily) and some technical issues. The MP was godlike though despite them ditching the big 64 player (I think?) modes the first one had.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Loved the 2nd and 3rd, I definitely want insomanic to return to the series. PS5 could use some good exclusive MP games.

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Liked R1 the most and would love a remaster. The battles bigger, the maps more open ... I just loved the setting the most.

OP
OP

Deleted member 36186

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Are you me? I really don't get how we haven't got anything like it in the 10 years since. 8-player, class-based co-op sounds like a no-brainer. One of the things that really stood out was how you had to have atleast one of each class, the game is impossible with less than three players. Made teamwork essential in a natural way because you where always dependant on the others. It was a beautiful thing.

Im still sad they shut down the servers, played everyday leading up to that moment.

I'm really sad that I never got to play that co-op mode. I remember a couple of friends at the time were completely crazy about it!

Wierd that R3 didn't get a similar mode!

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Liked R1 the most and would love a remaster. The battles bigger, the maps more open ... I just loved the setting the most.

Yeah this, but maybe that's because I'm biased because I'm English.

They could have centered the game only in London, but they went all out and we had sections of the game in Grimsby, Manchester and Cheddar Gorge. I need a remaster to see Grimsby in 4K!

Deleted member 55311

Banned
Mar 26, 2019
I feel like thats the game I bought all the PS motion crap for... before discovering that I hate it. Never again.

Not saying its bad. I just didn't like it. I remember it being very nice to look at though.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
It is my favorite FPS of last gen. I think it's a wonderfully paced and devilishly creative adventure.

Oct 29, 2017
Managed to snag the bundle with the sharpshooter accessory ten days before release, James even congratulated me for it. I had ended a dying relationship mere hours beforehand, so Resistance 3 served as a fantastic pick-me-up.

I hope Sony pays the series some love in the future, whether it be a new entry or a remaster of the previous titles. Hell, throw Retribution into the mix, that was one of PSP's best shooters.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Sony need to invest in more remasters to get the ps3 gems working on ps5 so they don't get lost forever.

Motorstorm collection
killzone collection
resistance collection
Mgs4
God of War Ascension

Not a huge list and I'm sure they'd be a pain in the ass to remaster in 4k 60fps but it would be worth it and a one time thing. They'll never build such an unconventional console again so won't have this issue again. Has to happen.

Shambles

Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to try this but the disc seems to make my ps3 drunk. I forgot psnow was an option so might try it through that!

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
You know what, yeah, Resistance 3 would be a brilliant game to play again.

I remember it was a little rough around the edges but still a brilliant game to play and look at.

A trilogy re-master would be insta-buy.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I need to find time to play these games (always wanted to for some reason) while my PS3 still works.

Was this the one with google map images? Or was that Resistance 2

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to replay all 3 Resistance games. They are all worthy of a remaster just like they've done with the Uncharted games. But if not, at least make them BC when the PS5 comes out!

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I liked it a lot, but felt the game's visual presentation was very rough.

It ran at a rather low resolution, apparently as a result of the large amount of transparancies that was used in the game.
It wuld probably be very good looking with just a resolution bump.

Yeah, the resolution was 960 x 704. It might not have been so bad if they hadn't used QAA, which is terrible.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also the box art by Olly Moss was great, especially the alternate version:

5733241872_d15c858811.jpg