• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, a Galvatron model that actually looks like Galvatron. How much did this set you back?

Retail is about $220, but for a time he was going for $800+. A reissue was just put out of the repaint that is closer to the movie coloration (the one in the photo is colored more like he was in the TV series), which you may be able to find if you're lucky. FansToys stuff vanishes fast.

This is the repaint. It's hard to tell but he's a slightly bluer purple than the original release.
92TGShf.jpg

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
It's MMC's, presumably. And they're almost finished the entire DJD (the two biggest are not out yet, though they are up for pre-order):

71965555_2494219397482212_1211021125459910235_n-jpg.28408587

3P toys are mostly out of my price range, but I did pick up MMC's Impactor second-hand, and he's absolutely wonderful. A perfect match for Hasbro's official Thrilling 30 Springer.

file.php

do any of the decepticon justice squad or whatever they are called transform? i don't remember them having alt forms in the comics

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
do any of the decepticon justice squad or whatever they are called transform? i don't remember them having alt forms in the comics

Yes, they all transform. Not everyone had their alt mode shown in the story proper but they were all revealed in concept art that's been released over the years.

The whole set looks pretty sick on my shelf, the last two are enormous.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

They do show the alt forms of at least three of them (Tarn's tank, Vos' sniper rifle, and Kaon's electric chair). I've always thought Tarn's alt form not being shown that much (considering he's supposed to be so addicted to transforming that he burns through transformation cogs like donuts) to be one of MTMTE's most conspicuous inconsistencies. :)

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Retail is about $220, but for a time he was going for $800+. A reissue was just put out of the repaint that is closer to the movie coloration (the one in the photo is colored more like he was in the TV series), which you may be able to find if you're lucky. FansToys stuff vanishes fast.

This is the repaint. It's hard to tell but he's a slightly bluer purple than the original release.
92TGShf.jpg
Is that Sovereign?
I tried to purchase one from Ebay when it first released because I was enticed by a 20% off Ebay offer, but in spite of the seller appearing to have a 99% positive feedback score, they'd apparently turned scammer around the time of my purchase and the negative feedback began rolling in.
I got my money back but wasted the 20% off :(

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Yes, they all transform. Not everyone had their alt mode shown in the story proper but they were all revealed in concept art that's been released over the years.

The whole set looks pretty sick on my shelf, the last two are enormous.
They do show the alt forms of at least three of them (Tarn's tank, Vos' sniper rifle, and Kaon's electric chair). I've always thought Tarn's alt form not being shown that much (considering he's supposed to be so addicted to transforming that he burns through transformation cogs like donuts) to be one of MTMTE's most conspicuous inconsistencies. :)

Damn, that's really cool. I'm about to immerse myself in 3rd party world

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I've been trying to climb out of this third party hellhole for years, but I've had nothing but good experiences with the variety of companies.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Is that Sovereign?
I tried to purchase one from Ebay when it first released because I was enticed by a 20% off Ebay offer, but in spite of the seller appearing to have a 99% positive feedback score, they'd apparently turned scammer around the time of my purchase and the negative feedback began rolling in.

It's the FT-16T special edition repaint of him, yes.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
To be clear, I'm talking they show their alt forms of these three in the comics. I'm not too knowledgeable about third parties (far too expensive for me), but I believe all of these do transform.

oh yeah, I was also only talking about the deception justice squad because I never saw any official merch that had them transform

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Where's the third party BW stuff?!

There are some - Perfect Effect did a nice Transmetal 2 Megatron and an Optimus Optimal. But Takara has made Masterpiece versions of quite a lot of the season 1 cast now, and Kingdom is doing pretty good renditions of them in smaller, cheaper scale, so there's less need for third party toys.

Someone did some G1 characters with beast alt modes recently too - there's a bull Sideswipe, and a bird Starscream. They were interesting.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Might as well show off the crew a bit.

This is my Masterpiece setup. The majority of these are third party, intermingled with official Hasbro/Takara MPs, but you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. The empty spaces are reserved for future combiner teams in the process of coming out.

ZDRhI42.jpg

VLiEHDX.jpeg

XbSXntY.jpeg

l8Pcaxq.jpeg

1Y13WJt.jpeg

A closeup of Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge. All three of these are third party, Galvatron and Cyclonus are FansToys, and Scourge is XTransbots. Galvatron and Cyclonus are two of the best figures in my entire collection. Just gorgeous representations of the characters.
J90P4Fr.jpeg

The Dinobots, all third party FansToys figures.
eDdMXHq.jpeg

And the gigantic to-scale Omega Supreme, also FansToys.
nyfQpcV.jpeg

I think I'd like to dip my toes and purchase one or two of these nice transformer toys. As a kid of the 80s, these look pretty fun to own. Any good sites or companies someone would recommend? Also, where did you get those display cases? Looking for something like that for my room

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Is that Sovereign?

Yeah, that's Sovereign. Sorry that happened to you, but I strongly recommend still trying to get hold of one if you can. I'm not even much of a Galvatron fan, but it's one of the best figures in my entire collection.

I think I'd like to dip my toes and purchase one or two of these nice transformer toys. As a kid of the 80s, these look pretty fun to own. Any good sites or companies someone would recommend? Also, where did you get those display cases? Looking for something like that for my room

I get my stuff from TF Source and The Chosen Prime. I used to use Big Bad Toy Store but they are months slower than the other sites now for some reason.

The display cases are Detolfs from IKEA. The lighting I added myself with LED strips that have little wifi packs that let me control them with my phone.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So what are some good third party combiners? Particularly Superion. Besides Devestator it's currently impossible to get an official combiner set for a decent price.

OP
OP
Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
So what are some good third party combiners? Particularly Superion. Besides Devestator it's currently impossible to get an official combiner set for a decent price.

There's the Zeta Toys Kronos

JuJiang Jet Commander

Zeta Toys ZB-06 Superitron

I highly recommend you research these and watch some reviews first.