• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I left my job 3 months ago. I luckily have a new job most likely lined up but I would not start for another month or so. So that means I have had this long gap in my health coverage and still will for another month at least. The title is not an exaggeration, I have literally spent 90% of the time of my last 3 months in my bed. A few years ago I was prescribed antidepressants and they worked extremely well to the point that I was taken off them, but now I really fucking know I should go back on them but I cant do anything about it because im in health insurance limbo. I dont really know what to do until then. I don't know why I'm making this thread I just don't know what to do and want to see what anyone has to say

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
Are you US based? If so which state? Did you try applying for Medicaid once you lost your job? Losing a job is considered a life changing event, it should qualify you for medicaid.

also, it's open enrollment time in the US, think it's over in abt a week, you should def apply since your new job won't start for a while. DM me if you need assistance walking through the process

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
What does the antidepressants cost without health insurance?
I read online that 30 150 mg wellbutrin tablets would cost 1500 without insurance. And even seeing the psychiatrist will cost hundreds when I'm trying to save every dollar right for the next month until I have a job again, paying thousands is something I can't do

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Are you US based? If so which state? Did you try applying for Medicaid once you lost your job? Losing a job is considered a life changing event, it should qualify you for medicaid.

also, it's open enrollment time in the US, think it's over in abt a week, you should def apply since your new job won't start for a while. DM me if you need assistance walking through the process
I was not aware that I might qualify for that, I thought medicaid was only for 65+ but I'm going to look into this. I hope I can dm you if I still have questions after

Dalorin

Oct 28, 2017
Wellbutrin is the brand name of bupropion. Have a look at how much the generic would cost.

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
I was not aware that I might qualify for that, I thought medicaid was only for 65+ but I'm going to look into this. I hope I can dm you if I still have questions after

yep feel free to reach out, the US health system is trash due to it being complicated. You have 6 days to enroll:

Still need health insurance? | HealthCare.gov

Still need health insurance? You can enroll or change plans if you have certain life events or income, or qualify for Medicaid or CHIP.

deadline is December 15, since you haven't worked in 3 months you can show that your income has dropped to 0. If you receive any government benefit like SNAP, you would just show that you receive that money monthly. No worries though because even if you did receive assistance in those three months, you'd still qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid isn't age based, Medicare is for folks 65+

Shabutaro

Oct 27, 2017
You should use an online doctor site for a televisit to get the prescription. The site says primary care visits start at $40.

www.forhims.com

How a Telemedicine Visit Actually Works

Have you had a telemedicine appointment yet? Here’s what you can expect from your first experience.

And then use the GoodRx site to get the med from the pharmacy of your choice at a discount. GoodRx is super reliable and easy to use. Just take it to the counter and they'll enter it like insurance info. You don't even need insurance to use it.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mod Edit: Removed Potentially Fraudulent Website Image

Bruh can't you just import them

Last edited by a moderator:

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing you can do is reach out to the previous doctor who prescribed the antidepressant for you and see if they can send it to your pharmacy. Contact your pharmacy explaining your hardship and ask if they can apply any coupons to your prescription. More likely than not they can.

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
You should use an online doctor site for a televisit to get the prescription. The site says primary care visits start at $40.

www.forhims.com

How a Telemedicine Visit Actually Works

Have you had a telemedicine appointment yet? Here’s what you can expect from your first experience.

And then use the GoodRx site to get the med from the pharmacy of your choice at a discount. GoodRx is super reliable and easy to use. Just take it to the counter and they'll enter it like insurance info. You don't even need insurance to use it.

this would've been my third suggestion, you can usually find good coupons and discounts at goodrx

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where are you located OP. There are certainly charities and nonprofits who can help and know this stuff better than a forum and connect with you locally to help you out. With everything going on in the world you'd be surprised how many people want to help others right now. I'd be happy (and sure others would too) to look some up and help you connect. I've been through times where i've not been able to get out of bed. You will be able to, I can promise you that.

Do you have any family/friends/etc who can vist and help you in the meantime or who can help you connect with a doctor to get you meds. I had a bad period during covid and my parents helped me connect with doctors when I wasn't able who have made life a lot easier and better the last couple of weeks.

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I'm really confused
Mod Edit: Removed Potentially Fraudulent Website Image

Bruh can't you just import them

Ok I just ordered a lot of these. I'm extremely confused, I didn't know I could just order these online. I hope it wasn't some sort of scam

Last edited by a moderator:

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I'm really confused

Ok I just ordered a lot of these. I'm extremely confused, I didn't know I could just order these online. I hope it wasn't some sort of scam

No scam. You can order all kind of prescription drugs, except for abusable ones like pain killers, amphetamines, etc.

Antidepressants are just fine. I've used inhousepharma for a decade now as my goto.

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
No scam. You can order all kind of prescription drugs, except for abusable ones like pain killers, amphetamines, etc.

Antidepressants are just fine. I've used inhousepharma for a decade now as my goto.
Ok well damn I'm glad I posted this thread because this worked out extremely well. This is the same stuff I was prescribed years ago, it worked extremely well and it's what I wanted to start again. I had no idea I could just order them online this easily and circumvent all the insurance red tape... this is incredible. Thank you to everyone in this thread.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apply for medicaid asap. With 0 income, you'll be approved instantly. Just don't mention your new job until you're officiallly working and getting paid. Not sure if all states do this, but in ours we can even back track and cover outstanding medical bills within 3 months.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Jesus fuck, OP. I feel bad for you. The same drug you are saying is $1500 US is only $5 where I am. Capitalism is literally screwing people in the US, you shouldn't have to re-mortgage your house just for your wellbeing.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I read online that 30 150 mg wellbutrin tablets would cost 1500 without insurance. And even seeing the psychiatrist will cost hundreds when I'm trying to save every dollar right for the next month until I have a job again, paying thousands is something I can't do
I get generic welbutrin from Walgreens for about $30 a month and I'm uninsured. You give them a prescription discount code like GoodRX and it cuts the price down that low.

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
0eSrb72_d.webp

This reeks of bullshit to me. I gave my credit card number already, is this site safe if I actually buy bitcoin for this or am I being strung along

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Jesus fuck, OP. I feel bad for you. The same drug you are saying is $1500 US is only $5 where I am. Capitalism is literally screwing people in the US, you shouldn't have to re-mortgage your house just for your wellbeing.

Based on what other people said ITT the $1500 I read wasn't accurate. We still get screwed worse than any other country on healthcare prices but this one was my own misunderstanding or I read a bad source

TigerKnee

Oct 27, 2017
Houston
Ok well damn I'm glad I posted this thread because this worked out extremely well. This is the same stuff I was prescribed years ago, it worked extremely well and it's what I wanted to start again. I had no idea I could just order them online this easily and circumvent all the insurance red tape... this is incredible. Thank you to everyone in this thread.

Curious, did they say how soon you'd get them?

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Curious, did they say how soon you'd get them?

Originally they said my order was processed and it would take 7-14 days but now they sent another email saying my order won't be shipped until they receive payment via bitcoin, even though I already gave them my CC number. Now I'm gonna try GoodRx like someone else suggested. I'm getting demoralized by this shit though, it shouldnt be this difficult

TigerKnee

Oct 27, 2017
Houston
Originally they said my order was processed and it would take 7-14 days but now they sent another email saying my order won't be shipped until they receive payment via bitcoin, even though I already gave them my CC number. Now I'm gonna try GoodRx like someone else suggested. I'm getting demoralized by this shit though, it shouldnt be this difficult

Good luck, hope you get your stuff quickly <3

Raxel

Nov 1, 2017

We have an independent website for reviews, they don't seem to have a good rating: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/unitedpharmacies-uk.md

Also they don't appear to be using HTTPS, which is a big red flag for me. Get your money back.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Sorry to hear this OP. Even WITH insurance the medical treatment of the citizens of this country is a fucking cesspool. I take Welbutrin as well. Check out goodrx.com for coupons, I don't believe you even have to pay anything to use that site or get those discounts. Look at the link below:

My SO is on Medicaid and she's 36. She takes Lithium and Duloxetine but is going on a day now without her Lithium because her doctor/psychiatrist facility has not returned our calls for the past 2 days. It's pathetic and I worry she is going to end up in the hospital.

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Hostilty; Dismissive of Mental Health Problems
I can and will get reimbursed by my bank tomorrow but fuck whoever convinced me to order from this site in the first place.

I'm gonna try GoodRx now like a few have suggested
Take some personal responsibility. Nobody convinced you to order from that site, somebody posted a random picture and you decided for yourself to order from that site with apparently little to no research.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi OP,

Medicare is the federally administered health care for people who are 65+ or people with disabilities, Medicaid is healthcare available for all ages who are under a certain income, it varies by state.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Take some personal responsibility. Nobody convinced you to order from that site, somebody posted a random picture and you decided for yourself to order from that site with apparently little to no research.
Chill. OP is in a tough situation, least you need to do is shame them for jumping at the opportunity to get the meds they need

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Get on Medicaid immediately. In the interim, use GoodRX as mentioned. Just make sure you're getting the generic, bupropion.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
OP, that website is clearly a scam, don't give them any money. For your situation, you are lucky, WellButrin has a generic so programs like Good RX will let you get it for under $20.

For the future (this is what I did when I changed jobs in January), you can request COBRA coverage from your previous employer, but only pay the bill if you actually need to use the service. For COBRA, coverage is retroactive, so if you end up in the emergency room, provide them with that info and then go home and pay the bill(s). Cobra is EXPENSIVE (It's you paying the full cost of your employer-based healthcare, so it's usually 2x-3x more expensive than what you were paying), but it's a good emergency option for short term coverage to prevent a disaster

Oct 25, 2017
You qualify for medicaid. Also, are you taking wellbutrin sr or xl? I'm assuming xl, which is extended release. Make sure you note that to your doc or wherever you get it from.

OP
OP
chimpsteaks

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019

Dude you're a dick. Anyway I'm gonna go the Good Rx route like a few people have suggested, I looked at the prices online with Good Rx and it's shockingly cheap. Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread for your input, and mods can lock this thread now

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Telling someone who's depressed and asking for help from a place they trust to "take some personal responsibility" is a bit much, isn't it? It's not like they randomly clicked a link from 4chan. The assumption is that people would act in good faith in places like Era that have at least a bit of barrier to entry.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Telling someone who's depressed and asking for help from a place they trust to "take some personal responsibility" is a bit much, isn't it? It's not like they randomly clicked a link from 4chan. The assumption is that people would act in good faith in places like Era that have at least a bit of barrier to entry.
Saying fuck you to somebody trying to help you is a bit much.

Deleted member 83122

Banned
Oct 15, 2020
I did not know this either, OP! I hope the medicine helps (and you get your money back from scam websites?). Thanks (some) members for the advice!

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely check out GoodRx. My meds are around $1200 a month but GoodRx puts them at ~$60. It's mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.