• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
At some point she has to take personal responsibility but I'm not surprised by any of this as her dad is Donald trump. It's not like she had a good role model in caring for others without her riches or who face challenges that she can't even comprehend. And shit dude raised a shit daughter. It's not all her fault though when she was a child or becoming an adult.

too bad she hasn't changed much since then.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the author recognizes it, but it's sickening how she still remained friends with someone who said "why the fuck would you make me read about poor people"

fuck all rich people.

I do feel like people on ERA are better than everyone else, because the moral compass always points North and it's easy to cast aside any and all attachments to people they deem bad.

With that snark out of the way... Yeah, don't have any hope for Barron. I feel awful for him now, but his destiny is whatever this shit is.

The friend waited until they were out of office and unpopuplar, fuck them both.

I wonder how useful it would have been to do this while they were popular and in office.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as we're discussing Ivanka, and I would never start a thread for such a thing, but has anyone else (as in 'is it known') heard the rumour that Ivanka can no longer properly breathe through her nose?

This was a rumour that was going around years ago, basically it was said that ol' Daddy dearest kept pushing her to get nose jobs until her nose was 'perfect'. However, he pushed her to one operation too many and apparently it actually damaged her nose in some fashion and she can no longer properly breathe though it. So much so it can actually affect how she speaks in certain situations.

Or it might be a load of old bollocks.

Who knows?

Or more to the point who cares?
I believe that

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I wonder how useful it would have been to do this while they were popular and in office.
I don't think it's useful now. I doubt anyone who supports the Trumps will change their opinions because of this, they've done much worse while in office. This is virtue signalling from someone who previously benefited from associating with but now wants people to know she's not like them.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Read this essay yesterday and thought it'd spill more tea. Yes the "That necklace screams terrorist" is quite the line, but I don't think anybody really thinks anything else of Ivanka.

The article is probably more a catharsis piece for the author than really exposing anything to anybody else, so I can't judge it for lack of having more details... for the author, it's that freeing moment of finally telling a friend off in the way you want to and ending it. From that perspective, I can't blame the friend for writing this now, as opposed to a year ago. I don't think it'd make any difference (and doesn't matter today). It's not like the friend is trying to save her image, too, nobody knows who the fuck she is or was.

From the article:

Wait who the fuck ever believed at one point any of that was true?

Seems pretty obvious from day 1 who Ivanka was.

Everything about the Trump's is a collective delusion. Donald Trump was never a skilled business man, but hundreds of millions of Americans -- even outside of his base -- had lived under the collective delusion that he was a skilled businessman. Likewise, while obviously far fewer people care about Ivanka (and anybody else in the family) than her father, people let themselves get deluded by the image that family members want to put out... That Ivanka is really a liberal, or believes in issues like universal pre-K, and other bull shit. They're a family that thrives off of delusion, but lots of people believe the delusion.

Last edited:

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do feel like people on ERA are better than everyone else, because the moral compass always points North and it's easy to cast aside any and all attachments to people they deem bad.

With that snark out of the way... Yeah, don't have any hope for Barron. I feel awful for him now, but his destiny is whatever this shit is.

Barron is 14, he's already dropping racial slurs in Destiny 2 online.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes

I am a paragon of goodness

🙏

I don't think it's useful now. I doubt anyone who supports the Trumps will change their opinions because of this, they've done much worse while in office. This is virtue signalling from someone who previously benefited from associating with but now wants people to know she's not like them.

You know what? True enough. But hey, maybe she specifically wanted to get the info out about Ivanka before we vote her into office

Barron is 14, he's already dropping racial slurs in Destiny 2 online.

Also extremely true

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Everything about the Trump's is a collective delusion. Donald Trump was never a skilled business man, but hundreds of millions of Americans -- even outside of his base -- had lived under the collective delusion that he was a skilled businessman. Likewise, while obviously far fewer people care about Ivanka (and anybody else in the family) than her father, people let themselves get deluded by the image that family members want to put out... That Ivanka is really a liberal, or believes in issues like universal pre-K, and other bull shit. They're a family that thrives off of delusion, but lots of people believe the delusion.

It's honestly baffling, given how transparent and obvious the Trump family is imho. I consider myself a pretty poor judge of character and generally I think I can be fooled easily, but really, they were just so fake I don't get how it wasn't glaringly obvious.

I genuinely feel bad for people that believed it, but I guess that's America for you.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Remember when people were reassuring all of us that "liberal" Ivanka would keep daddy's worse impulses in check?

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Another memory that often occurs to me is of Mr. Trump delivering a toast to a room full of diners at Mar-a-Lago, who watched him as devotedly then as his red-capped followers do today. They laughed when he addressed them as the richest Jews in the world, complimented the array of luxury sports cars in the parking lot, and gleefully recounted the fight he was waging against the Waspy club across the street, which he dismissed as a dump.
just some casual anti-semitism amongst a bunch of rich people, no big deal

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I must have misremembered all the weird posts about her not being so bad and the best Trump and other nonsense, seems to be a distant memory
I thought those were in reference to his other daughter or something. The one who is supposedly estranged from him? Idk this family

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
This entire family is filth. I don't understand how they've got this far because it seems that even their rich/famous/influential peers hate them.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
719.gif

Next you'll tell me that Melania is a gold-digger.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being born with a silver spoon, and jumping from selling overpriced luxury wannabe clothing and accessories to suddenly meeting world leaders because you asked daddy for it and daddy loves you so he said yes and now you will have to go back to negociating petty marketing contracts for your shit handbag.

Poor ivanka. Life is so hard.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I mean, why would you even be friends with someone like this in the first place? It just speaks to me that her friend was just as much of an opportunistic social climber as Ivanka.

It's no surprise that the Trump spawn are just as rotten as their father. She grew up spoiled and privileged. That will have an effect, especially if your parent fails to teach you any kind of morals or ethics or emphasizes empathy for others during your formative years.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2024 is going to be a mess. Hillary vs Kamala in the primaries with the winner facing Ivanka. We have to stop Trump 2.0, she could very well be our first woman president.