• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is this obsession with changing forum looks? Never seem to turn out all that great.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, we're losing both the current themes and their colour variants, they are not compatible with Xenforo 2.0. This was all announced last month. The dark theme for 2.0 takes it's inspiration from the legacy colour scheme. The current forum software is no longer being supported, and we have to move forward for security, and we gain a lot of new features in both the front and backend with this upgrade. The team has made a lot of adjustments and changes to 2.0 during our initial internal testing, and through the beta that's been running the last month, and it will continue to change and evolve over time.

If you would like more details on 2.0, please check out the announcement thread here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/in...aintenance-will-begin-around-6-8pm-gmt.79943/

Last edited:

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
It's ok. Remember when they decided to merge hangouts with main boards? That worked well so I'm sure this will too!

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Has there been a poll to ask people what their preferred color scheme is? Is there a preview of 2.0 somewhere?

Edit: yes there is:

https://beta.resetera.com/forums/video-games.7/

Color scheme is fine. My only issue are the enormous margins (I use a laptop).

Other than that, It looks fine to me. I am relieved. Good job team!

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Has there been a poll to ask people what their preferred color scheme is? Is there a preview of 2.0 somewhere?

Has there been any public input on this at all?

I ask because Legacy Dark Era is my favorite theme and NightEra is a horrid eyesore (no offense to whomever designed it/green lit it).

This is not hyperbole, it's my very cold take.

There has been a beta thread for like a month. And it got announced too via alerts.

You can access the beta here

https://beta.resetera.com/

you need to login to see 2.0, the default skin it shows without login is not 2.0

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss the clean stylings of LightERA.

edit: the way avatars are completely separated from your posts in 2.0 bothers me in an unreasonable manner.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I remember when emojis were called smileys.
emoticons_violent_beat.gif~c200

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused why they allowed the use of that purple on the new themed. Whoever chose that, why would they let anywhere near the color design decisions of the site? That's just bad, bad work.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, we're losing both the current themes and their colour variants, they are not compatible with Xenforo 2.0. This was all announced last month. The dark theme for 2.0 takes it's inspiration from the legacy colour scheme. The current forum software is no longer being supported, and we have to move forward for security reasons, and we gain a lot of new features in both the front and backend with this upgrade. The team has made a lot of adjustments and changes to 2.0 during our initial internal testing, and through the beta we've been running the last month, and it will continue to change and evolve over time.

If you would like more details on 2.0, please check out the announcement thread here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/in...aintenance-will-begin-around-6-8pm-gmt.79943/
An alternate light scheme that eliminates the bright purples and brings it closer to light legacy would be appreciated.

The bright purple is just very unpleasant and its been an issue throughout the various skin attempts.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
You know what would be cool? The ability to custom tag posters.

If I could tag some people with stuff like "argues in bad faith", "bad judgement", "poor taste", "low info poster", "insightful", "genuine", "drive by guy"etc. It would allow me to make better decisions on whether it's worth it to respond to people.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be a feature of xenforo2. Maybe xenforo 3 will support this.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
So long. It wasn't the best and I'm sure I'll get used to the new one but I'll miss the simplicity.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
An alternate light scheme that eliminates the bright purples and brings it closer to light legacy would be appreciated.

The bright purple is just very unpleasant and its been an issue throughout the various skin attempts.
The purple that 2.0 uses is quite a bit more muted and has seen updates and changes as the team has been building and taking feedback on the new site design. We will continue to monitor that feedback after launch.
Uh oh.
Are there any screens how new Dark Era looks?
You can access the beta site right now (though keep in mind you do need to login to see the themes) or read through our announcement thread that details the changes and reasoning for this upgrade.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't like when site basically force a new design onto you.
Same here, ESPECIALLY with a site that is this young still. Era still feels pretty 'new' to me but it's been long enough that I'm completely comfortable with everything and am in my "I don't like change" mode. To already have a revamp and be like "Let's change everything!" already just seems weird to me. I mean, is the 3.0 revamp gonna drop this time next year? Is there going to be a huge change in six months?

I find that I end up disliking almost every website revision that comes out for any site I'm on a lot, so we'll see. I feel like they nailed the placement of everything and theme already though, so I fear that the only way to go is down.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared I'm not going to browse the site as much once the update hits. Really prefer the simpler legacy themes.

I like a lot of the new features in 2.0, I just wish we didn't have to overhaul everything to get them.

Oct 28, 2017
The most annoying thing about these constant changes is that nobody is asking for them.

If anything, people are saying they like the site how is.

Imagine if someone kept re-modeling your living room without your consent. Phooey.

DarkERA Legacy is perfect, and I'm very upset to see it go. Screw this Web 3.0 crap or whatever.

Oct 26, 2017
They say the colors in the 2.0 dark theme are closer to legacy dark but they are still pretty radioactive looking. I wish they would just use the exact same colors.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
RIP best theme.

We'll see how much I like the new dark theme. If it's as terrible as the themes they tried to implement before (ugly purple and the "dark" was a light gray), I'll probably browse less.

Oct 25, 2017
I do find it a bit unsettling that admins aren't really responding to people's concerns over removing Legacy support.

Sorry, but It feels a bit like a ''You'll get what you're given, and that's that.'' situation.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Why would you keep that horrible purple? It defies basic aesthetics and feedback has been overwhelmingly negative.

This sounds like a repeat of the OT rearrangement they tried to force on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.