• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
23155331.jpg

latest

Like their source material is right in their laps, Eiichiro Oda did the leg work for them! Sure they have to stretch it a bit more to fit a length of a special but that's easy and sure you have to rearrange some characters. Like I think Roshi would be paired with Brook now, both being old as dirt perv's. Hell have Troiyama just come up with some idea or hell Oda again, he's a workhorse, unlike Toriyama but I'm sure you can get some ideas out of him.

Even though it's called a "collaboration", Oda-kun did almost everything, including the story. I just drew my own characters. This kind of work sure is nice~. I was able to really enjoy drawing it.

Plenty of Dragon Ball main cast and One Piece cast have done some work on each other shows.

They are all under umbrellas of each other companies. Jump owns both manga, both are animated by Toei, both are under Fuji TV and both have merch/games made by the same company Bandai.

The only thing stopping it I think is that, both shows have different producers, at either Toei or most likely I think Fuji TV. This could be the explanation for why the Toriko X Dragon Ball X One Piece hasn't seen any rebroadcast, streaming release, physical release or dub....because old ass producers don't want it for what ever reason.

Outside of small promotional stuff seems like a shame to never make an official animated cross over like the manga audiences got, which seems like a waste.

Here's some of those cross promotions:

69c5fdf37c8c419e94770d33715923d61352904856_full.jpg

06adba96f6c617b0e25c95a88aa74b0d1503573241-full-1019710.jpg

Too close here's the ugliest looking Luffy drawn by Toriyama

hs26yy1mdhi01.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
The perfect time for it would have been pre-BOG/Super.

Now, both series are kinda in different places than they were 15 years ago.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Not officially Cross Epoch but there was also the 3DS game:

They were separate games who you could play versus against each other. They never localized the One Piece game sadly. Not even in Europe.

I own this game for PS2:

Battlestadiumdon.jpg

I appreciate the roster being from cutting off after my favorite part of Naruto.

hqdefault.jpg

Too bad I think both games suck rocks and are low effort by Arc.

I heard the opposite. That there were solid.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's that weird that nothing much was done with this. It doesn't strike me as too different from, say, the KochiKame anniversary guest manga like where Freeza gets a parking ticket, or the Jump Superstars promotional manga where Sena from Eyeshield 21 developers the confidence to stand next to Goku and Luffy.

Whenever they want to do new Dragonball X One Piece collaborations, they just do new Dragonball X One Piece collaborations.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I heard the opposite. That there were solid.
Eh. I had Extreme Butouden. It's not really Butouden (although that's not a bad thing either) and it's dumbed down a lot from typical fighting games since it basically operates entirely on auto combos. I'm sure there are people who react really positively to them.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Toei did make a special with Dragonball, One Piece... and Toriko. They also actually animated the Toriko x One Piece one. Basically, their only attempts at crossovers with their adaptations seemed to be to push Toriko specifically.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I always assumed that there was not a big enough push from anyone to actually make it happen. Cross over anime episodes like this always seem like a ton of work on the rights side.

Before anyone asks the reason I think the Toriko x One piece x Dragon Ball cross over did get animated. Was because it was that strange time period where Jump was trying like hell to make Toriko a big thing.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Someone on the Jump side of things has no clue how to handle crossovers and I don't know who to blame between Shueisha, Bamco, Toei and other anime studios, etc.

Like I know there's a whole lot more rights distribution shit to untangle compared to like American comic books but even then you'd think someone would figure out something better than the Heavy Metal-tier fluff.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was once a Dragon Ball, One Piece and Astro Boy crossover as well. Although the latter of the 3 was basically there to say "wow that was some cool shit"