• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019
No problem:

jUWs1bY.png

If anyone else would like one, just tag me. I'll be going to work soonish but I can handle them when I get home if no one else has.

Can we please have a version of this avatar (the one I am suddenly using along with many other people because reasons) with the trans flag behind it?

Can you please modify a trans flag version of the avatar that I am currently using?

I am sure a great number of people would benefit from being able to use it (and an even larger number of people would benefit from being reminded of it).

Thanks Fantomas!

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Y'all are great. Abso-fabso.

Here's a great article on trans awareness week by performer, writer and theatre-maker Travis Alabanza that I read on Monday.

This is a brilliant article, thank you. Added to the OP.

To celebrate trans awareness here's a cute picture
4lybhv5irr731.png
This is awesome 😊 didn't feel like starting it at midnight with the things going on at the time but am excited to finish work and jump into Sword. It's the first one I feel really ready for since SIlver. I've played a few of the others since but more out of a general like for the franchise than a desire to jump in. No idea as to which starter to pick. Was going for Scorbunny but not sure on the final evo, think I might prefer Sobble's final form. The tough decisions we all struggle with in life!
Appreciate you pup.

While I no longer feel comfortable posting on this forum after, well... Best not to say now. I guess I never properly came out as trans here.
I'm a (slightly Enby)girl! Trans rights are human rights.
I have infinite respect to anyone whose transitioned come out irl. I hope I can find the courage to do that some day.
Eeeeeeee! I'm happy for you, and I hope you grow the confidence to express yourself as you are, wherever you are. At your own pace and comfort of course. It's something.

I recently came out as trans. Mg girlfriend came out as gay. She still doesn't want to be with me despite saying she'll "see me as a woman", she wants someone with a vagina. I know it's just me personally. But it's hard to celebrate this week despite how much I want to right now :(. I want my girlfriend back.
This is a rough situation and I feel you for, sorry you're having to go through that. Congratulations on coming out, even though I know it isn't easy to at this point in time make sure you take some time to chill and be proud of living who you are. Grab a muffin or some pancakes and a movie and treat yourself to feel good about yourself.

This is a better place with ya'll in it.
This is a better p
That Kate Bornstein excerpt is powerful stuff. Thanks for the wonderful thread, OP. Trans rights are human rights.
It is, really hit me hard when I first read it.

Trans rights are human rights.
As an egg that is still unsure of themselves, I want to say thank you to all trans folks who already broke out.
Oh hey 👋. You take your time feeling yourself, and there's no judgement to be had if that shifts as you explore that. Check out the OT's in the OP to lurk, post or join the Discords for. You are more than welcome whenever and if ever you feel comfortable!
It sucks ass and the worst part is I'm afraid I'll get banned for even talking about it. That's the environment for us that's been created here.
Word. Discord has been on fire.
Can you add "LGB Alliance trying to evict Trans people from Activism, and wants to remove the T from LGBT, and how they're actually being generously crowdfunded for that" to the list?
Definitely, added. One of the more insidious things at play at the moment.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please have a version of this avatar (the one I am suddenly using along with many other people because reasons) with the trans flag behind it?

Can you please modify a trans flag version of the avatar that I am currently using?

I am sure a great number of people would benefit from being able to use it (and an even larger number of people would benefit from being reminded of it).

Thanks Fantomas!
Done:

xUQw8Mq.png

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trans awarenesss week and we have the thread on trans concerns locked, the largest advocate for mental health and trans concerns banned, and a massive portion of the vocal trans and non-binary community afraid or too tired to post in threads concerning themselves and their issues.

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our discontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's.

This really does need to be better. Thank you for everyone that gave support in that thread and this. Seeing non-trans members of the forum showing support is a shot of energy, and always appreciated.

I wish it could be more joyous, but considering the weeks gone and the past 24hrs I really can't feel it. I feel completely deflated.
Only just caught up on what happened and jesus all that shit really just drives home that this place needs to do better.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Trans awarenesss week and we have the thread on trans concerns locked, the largest advocate for mental health and trans concerns banned, and a massive portion of the vocal trans and non-binary community afraid or too tired to post in threads concerning themselves and their issues.

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our discontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's. No acknowledgement of the context within which the discontent grew, nor thought to the feelings of those who have had to endure those months.

This really does need to be better. Thank you for everyone that gave support in that thread and this. Seeing non-trans members of the forum showing support is a shot of energy, and always appreciated.

I wish it could be more joyous, but considering the weeks gone and the past 24hrs I really can't feel it. I feel completely deflated.

I think they're probably gonna hit the undo button on that ban because they can't be blind to how it looks. I dunno if that would help anything at this point, but it would be something.

I dunno what to do about all the shitty thread behavior aside from reporting it when I notice it.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I think they're probably gonna hit the undo button on that ban because they can't be blind to how it looks. I dunno if that would help anything at this point, but it would be something. I dunno what to do about all the shitty thread behavior aside from reporting it when I notice it.
Having one of the most confident, supportive and vocal advocates for mental health and trans people on the forum unbanned, were she to come back, would definitely help everything. I have my bones to pick with recent moderation trends but this is outside of that. I want her back because she was one of the most valuable assets those communities had in both being heard and being supported here. Categorically.

As for you and the reporting, thank you. Regular members who either support us vocally in threads, or report those that we have to endure, are much, much appreciated.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Really appreciate this thread, and it's driving in the point that I reaaaally need to get back into the discord soon. Have let work and life take over so I haven't been in there for a good long while. Because yeah, even as someone incredibly blessed with amazing support (literally have come out across the board to friends and immediate family with no one reacting poorly in the least)... life and crap can still get me seriously down, so seeing support like this is a huge pick me up.

Also, I never thought about Sylveon having trans flag colors, that's awesome and may well have just bumped it to the top of my list of favorite pokemon!

No problem:

jUWs1bY.png

If anyone else would like one, just tag me. I'll be going to work soonish but I can handle them when I get home if no one else has.
Would love mine done too if you don't mind, Fantomas.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone here for your support.
Clearly we still have a long way to go (not just in this forum), but I feel like slowly getting better.

Personally I had a pretty wild year, since my transition really started at the beginning of the year.
Was very stressful, but worth it.
Hopefully things get easier from now.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

This sucks.

Ever since this site redesign happened and made it way more tedious to read threads let alone browse forums on mobile, my time in most non-Hangouts threads and Etc. in particular dropped off a cliff. I've felt really disconnected from these problems as a result, which is maybe better for my own health but not for staying aware of these problems and doing my part in those threads.

So it is unfortunate but unsurprising to see that the exact same issues have continued to happen, where people deal with shit for months, someone posts excellent - and not even particularly harsh - criticism of the staff, and then gets immediately banned. The reasons may have some merit, but it is always the immediate action, regardless of optics, when the criticism and discussion is often about how optics matter that makes it come across as cruel and uncaring (disclaimer: come across as, this is not an accusation of not caring about trans issues). And then more people who cared understandably leave in response, which only makes things worse.

I hope it is not violating rules/guidelines/whatever to say that this cycle absolutely should have been broken ages ago and the fact that it happened again should be a cause for concern. Any punishment just for people posting about that concern is literally perpetuating the problem. And if discontent has grown to the point that you have to make rules about it that now have people worried they'll be banned for even slightly voicing that they feel increasingly uncomfortable, you have certainly not improved anything.

Happy trans awareness week.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
To celebrate trans awareness here's a cute picture
4lybhv5irr731.png

I love this!

I'm not trans but I am an ally and always will be. I will continue to advocate for trans rights and help trans people in any way that I can. From having a very close trans friend and volunteering for the Trevor Project, I know you all have it tough. Just know that you are loved!

Trans rights are human rights. Full stop.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our discontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's. No acknowledgement of the context within which the discontent grew, nor thought to the feelings of those who have had to endure those months.

It was depressing and infuriating, watching how that thread played out, even for someone who isn't directly impacted by those issues on any personal level.

Hopefully those responsible for how that situation unfolded listen to why so many people took issue with it and change course soon. Part of the appeal of joining this place, having never been part of the original community, was the idea that this was a place where shit like that wouldn't ever be allowed to happen. Trans people have every right to human dignity and respect and until it's made clear by the staff that they'll be honoring that idea, through both words and actions, there should be no peace on that front.

I suck at making avatars, but if anyone would like to hook me up with a trans pride version of my avatar (or any avatar, as my avs are boring), as some of y'all have done for gay pride month and the like, I'd be most appreciative.

Trans rights are human rights and I love you all.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Something that might be of interest to some of you, a recent game announcement at X019 was the game Tell Me Why that casts a trans actor as the first trans character in a major studio game.

Here's the trailer. Warning: it deals with some dark themes.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Great to see a thread but I am done with this on era. I am an obstinate asshole so I won't leave the forum but I know where the majority both posters and staff stand so fuck them, they can educate themselves or shut the fuck up, im done. I'm already stuck in the closet (not willingly mind you) and the one place I felt safe to be truthful about myself and make connections in case my situation changes isn't safe. Not that it ever was but the situation has gone from tolerates to actively hostile so I don't know anymore.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm noticing more and more that a growing percentage of this forum values polite but offensive discourse ("I'm not transphobic, but I think there are only two genders") over impolite but necessary discourse ("what you're saying invalidates my very being so you can just fuck off"). There's just no part of me that is on board with this, and I think that one way in which we can do better is to get more vociferous at pointing out that sometimes it is right to be angry and that a reaction is not lesser simply because it is emotional.

No problem:

jUWs1bY.png

If it behooves you Fantomas I'd appreciate it if you could do the same for my avatar.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our discontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's.

It is truly such a shame how the trans concern thread went, I haven't been here as long as many here but it really sucks that someone who clearly helped so many on this forum got banned. I really hope that Era in general, both mods and the community as a whole, step up and do better cause it sucks seeing that trans people aren't able to have this forum be a safe place for them to just be themselves

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Unagi the eel said justice for katra

(Love seeing the outpouring of support with the changes of avatars, and it's good to see it being done for someone who was doing the opposite of dismissing concerns of transphobia in the community this time)

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trans rights are human rights. I'm sorry that you have to put up with so many terrible people, and that this community has been failing you.

Deleted member 25140

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
your gender identity and how you express your gender are correct only when you feel they are correct.
Never forget this! It breaks my heart that we live in a world where people live in fear of being who they are. You are all valid, you are all beautiful and you are all important. Love you all ❤️

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
No problem:

jUWs1bY.png

Just now noticed this post thanks to a bump by someone else. If you could be so kind as to either modify my avatar or create one for me (whichever is easier/you prefer) I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

anariel

Oct 27, 2017

I know the past little bit has been exhaustingly disappointing here (never mind the fact that the bar is set incredibly low on any given day), but I just wanted to say that you have honestly been one of the most well spoken and informative speakers on trans rights I've seen, and seeing you vehemently defend that ideal is honestly inspiring. I genuinely appreciate the work you do.

Thank you <3

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're probably gonna hit the undo button on that ban because they can't be blind to how it looks. I dunno if that would help anything at this point, but it would be something.

Absolutely and I hope she will, her posts are very informative and have helped me change my perspective on a number of things, but we shouldn't brush aside the allegations that she was using information gleaned from a private chat against some members of the staff.

That's a serious allegation and a gross violation of privacy, and if true, is very disappointing behaviour from someone who spends so much time fighting for people's rights/dignity.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
My avatar is somewhat outdated in a lot of respects, after coming to terms with being NB and then fully embracing my identity as trans.

I've never been really all that active in the communities here (other than saying some uninformed shit I the trans era discord and ended up leaving because of it, sorry about that) but I love all of yas and I'm glad I was able to reach this point in my life while on this forum.

The recent threads dealing with transgender issues has put a serious damper on it though, and I won't lie, it's making me rethink a lot of things about this place.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Absolutely and I hope she will, her posts are very informative and have helped me change my perspective on a number of things, but we shouldn't brush aside the allegations that she was using information gleaned from a private chat against some members of the staff.

That's a serious allegation and a gross violation of privacy, and if true, is very disappointing behaviour from someone who spends so much time fighting for people's rights/dignity.
Gross violation my ass

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Speaking on the circumstances about this, the channel the message took place in is a private channel on the discord server intended for minority members of staff. It's a general support, friendship, and love channel with occasionally some discussion - at least it was when I was in there. Honestly, it is tame, lovely stuff, and it isn't anything serious. There was, and is, however, an expectation of privacy in there, sort of a 'this is your sanctuary here, what happens in Vegas stays in vegas' sort of deal so people felt comfortable bringing up things.

From the staff side, particularly for minority members of staff, I can understand how they felt that their trust and sanctuary was violated. I'm sure if I was on staff right about now, I'd probably be a bit upset too to find that someone was sharing details of that private chat with someone not in the room. At the end of the day, staff members, like anyone else, have an expectation to privacy, particularly minority members of staff who are often targets of harassment in general.

Taking information gleaned from that chat and using it against those staff members feels like a gross violation of privacy to me.

Everyone is entitled to privacy, they are entitled to a place they can feel comfortable and that was violated.

I don't want to derail this thread though, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the wait, I just got home from work:
Would love mine done too if you don't mind, @Fantomas.
cRiyvTt.jpg

Fantomas

I'm late but I'd like some customisations. :D

I'd do it myself if I wasn't so bad at this whole graphic editing stuff. :(
ykBMGHz.png

I suck at making avatars, but if anyone would like to hook me up with a trans pride version of my avatar (or any avatar, as my avs are boring), as some of y'all have done for gay pride month and the like, I'd be most appreciative.
5mysAQw.png

If it behooves you @Fantomas I'd appreciate it if you could do the same for my avatar.
yMbBp0K.png

If anyone else wants one, just tag me and I'll get to it as soon as I can. :)

Also, Ketkat is one of the most well respected members of this community and her ban is absolute bullshit, period.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the wait, I just got home from work:

cRiyvTt.jpg

If anyone else wants one, just tag me and I'll get to it as soon as I can. :)

Also, Ketkat is one of the most well respected members of this community and her ban is absolute bullshit, period.
Awesome, thanks so much for this! Really appreciate it!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I just caught up fully on that thread since I was interrupted while doing it earlier, and was thankful for that much being said, even if it was closed right after.
Trust may have been lost over her having seen some mods-only stuff, totally fair. But it sounds like anyone who happened to be dating staff while also actually using the site would have that sort of knowledge? And, like... going by what was implied, it is also not exactly surprising or unwarranted that a mod who is dating a trans person would tell their partner "someone else said something really upsetting in mod chat today", and so on? Not as snitching on anyone, but as wanting to talk about people you work with upsetting you, which would be a pretty normal thing to discuss with your partner!

There's absolutely degrees to which it's acceptable to act on/share the stuff you learn through that, of course. But I think you can handle acknowledging that in a way that clarifies things without framing what they did (even if unintentionally) as an outright malicious act or lying, when people are already shocked (and understandably distrustful) about what you just did are not going to respond well to being told that someone they respect wasn't telling the truth.

Again, I really think staff should at the very least consider the optics of these actions and their presentations of them, because that really is a frequent cause of further pain. I know the staff is only so many people, people are not constantly around, other threads need moderation too and sometimes things need to be done fast, etc. But that kind of delayed and vaguely insulting messaging never has helped anything around these incidents.

EDIT: Tagged to at least not visually eat up space that may be derailing further.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I know some of y'all are pissed off with the recent events but there are people here who do care about trans rights and TransERA. I hope cooler heads prevail, Ketkat is unbanned and this place becomes a better place for the community. I hope you peeps stay and we can get along and shit all over say...a Orange jackass.

#FreeKetkat and every week and everyday should be Trans Awareness Day, especially in these uneasy times outside the site.

I doubt anyone has the skills but I rather my Wasp avatar to be pink and blue than just the flag. I was actually so close to getting the Spark jersey just because of the colors...until you know.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The staff response to that thread made me feel more unsafe here than ever. I'm so sick of lip service.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
No problem, do these look ok?

mJUDbAb.jpg

Bg49C8G.jpg

Thank you 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

I want to say that of course I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do with their online time, but I would really hope that our Trans members stick around. I really think the mods will be better ( ex/ the bans today in the South Park thread were handed out swiftly) from this point on and I know for a fact there are plenty of members here that are not gonna take any Transphobic bullshit from people and will always have your back. This community needs to remain as diverse as possible and feel accessible to everyone. Your involvement with it is a big part of that.

Last edited: