• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Worst veggie on the veggie tray?

• Carrots

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • Cauliflower

Votes: 150 31.8%
  • Celery

Votes: 115 24.4%
  • Cucumber

Votes: 45 9.6%
  • Brocoli

Votes: 39 8.3%
  • Tomato (yeah yeah it's a fruit we get it you're so smart)

Votes: 95 20.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Celery is fantastic in soups. Or chopped up in other dishes for a good crunch. But standalone? Eeeeeh. Axe the celery, it's the worst in this tray 🪓

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Who the fuck actually wants to eat raw cauliflower? Or raw broccoli, for that matter? How about some pea pods or sliced bell peppers or something? Why are broccoli and cauliflower always on these trays?

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Cauliflower is magic. It can act as a substitute for nearly anything you can think of. Chicken wings? Try Buffalo cauliflower wings. Pizza? Make the crust out of cauliflower. Rice? Rice that shit. Tater Tots? Cauliflower tots are also bomb.
I've never had cauliflower that didn't immediately turn into a lump of dry, mealy nastiness. How does a vegetable that probably contains some portion of water make your mouth so dry? It's like trying to chew a handful of quinoa after eating a bunch of saltines, but tastes worse than that.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
It's the cucumber. Sliced cucumber ages the worst out of all of them, and you can guarantee that thing has been sitting out for several days.

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017
Tomatoes or sliced cucumber.

Normally would rate those much higher than most, but in those sorts of packs, those are the first thing to go. They get gross pretty quick and it's very rare that people bring 100% fresh veggie trays.

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed cucumber isn't winning (losing?) I'm guessing it's by virtue of its mediocrity and it being tasteless, textureless makes it inofensive but I hate it, it has no point whatsoever in existing in any plate or salad that I know of.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Cucumber.

I'm not saying that cucumber is bad - it's great when freshly sliced. However, in a prepared tray it dries out, fast.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
The broccoli and cauliflower in those things are the saddest, because they're always way worse than their equivalents purchased separately.

But the tomatoes are objectively the worst. They don't go with the dip at all, there's no reason for them to be in there.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Its between Cucumber and Tomato for me. Dont like both at all.

I love Carrots, Cauliflower, Broccoli.

Celery is okay.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
cauliflowers are good as long as there's no brown on top

which there is always at least a little bit of

so yeah, cauliflowers

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I love steamed broccoli but I can't stand it raw. I don't think I've ever had raw cauliflower, but that sounds bad too.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
it's the fucking tomatoes you clowns. Every other part of the tray is delicious and crunchy, the tomatoes are either unripe and bitter or overripe and soggy, there is no middle - tomatoes in the veggie tray are the worst thing. Give me a big ol beefsteak tomato with a little salt any day, but fuck those little dipshit grape wannabes

I'm gonna lose that little fuckin disgrace for a fruit in the ranch dip, or the ranch is going to slide right off its textureless sphere of a body.

Absolute waste of space ass fruit.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
It's celery you heathens.

I was gonna go celery but thinking of it, the brocco is always really bad in these trays. The way it squeaks between your teeth and the leafy bits are like green gravel.

Don't get me wrong, I like all these vegetables normally but these trays bring out the worst aspects of all of them and I feel broccoli takes the hardest hit.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even though I'm not a fan of cucumbers, I'd say tomato. All those veggies are made for dipping, but no so much with the tomato. The mini tomatoes are there to just burst in your mouth and that's it. They serve zero purpose with that dip unless you're eating them with a fork like a crazy person.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I absolutely hate the taste of cucumber. The taste of it is actually revolting to me.

Gag reflex level with the way it tastes.

I literally can't eat a salad if somebody puts it in it, or if I request it without it and it ends up being in it.

It's one of the few foods I won't eat, and I'll eat almost anything.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Cauliflower, broccoli, and celery all kind of suck raw, though cauliflower is the worst and celery at least has a fresh crunch. All of them are good in various cooked applications, though.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Why all the hate for cauliflower? I'll nom on some raw cauliflower for sure. Celery and carrots though can get fucked. G-r-o-s-s.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I can't believe people don't like cauliflower and broccoli. That stuff is good with ranch. Now the tomatoes, those I don't like.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
I voted cauli, if I could vote broc as well I would. But the whole store bought veg tray is a wack item to bring, if you're pressed for time or budget at least get the meat and cheese tray (dietary preferences aside, of course.)

Oh you know as soon as you go to the bathroom, everyone will talk mad shit about you if you come to Thanksgiving with a veggie tray. It will be the one thing your hippie aunt and MAGA uncle will agree on: You don't deserve to be woken up for pie.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I like all of them but I think I like broccoli slightly less than the others.

1. 🥒
2. 🍅
3. 🥕
4. Cauliflower
5. Celery
6. 🥦

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Celery. It's fine for a mirepoix or a sofrito or whatever for soup or stews but by its complete shit as a raw vegetable, especially with so many superior veggies on the platter.

Oct 27, 2017
I never liked celery. It's kind of tolerable with ranch or whatever dip, but it truly lacks flavor. It's best mixed with other stuff, doesn't stand on it own at all.

Everything else is fine. I actually love cauliflower, it tastes great if you cook it right. It's OK raw too. Broccoli as well. Cucumbers are kind of lame actually, I'd rather eat pickles, which are delicious. Carrots and tomatoes are perfect in every form, even juiced.

Last edited:

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely celery. Texture of dental floss surrounded by crunchy, rancid water.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
One of these four.

Cauliflower
Cucumber
Brocoli
Tomato

I don't eat any of them.