• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Worst veggie on the veggie tray?

• Carrots

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • Cauliflower

Votes: 150 31.8%
  • Celery

Votes: 115 24.4%
  • Cucumber

Votes: 45 9.6%
  • Brocoli

Votes: 39 8.3%
  • Tomato (yeah yeah it's a fruit we get it you're so smart)

Votes: 95 20.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
It's cauliflower, right?

097209-600x600-A.jpg

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
As long as the dip is still there, the cauliflower is fine.
The carrots are usually the one out of the whole tray that I'm not really interested in eating.
Don't mind carrots, but I've never found them all that good when they're part of the tray set even with the dip.

The Iron Yuppie

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Being that they are all in this scenario just serving as a dip delivery system.....celery. Celery is just crunchy water. At least cauliflower has a little flavor and interesting texture.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say cauliflower then I remembered celery exists.

Cauliflower is good when prepared in a number of different ways, but celery is irredeemable. Yes, even "ants on a log".

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was not expecting this celery hate. It has such a good crunch!

Down with broccoli. I don't wanna eat a bush.

Oct 28, 2017
Cherry tomatoes suck. You try to dip a tomato? There is no way the dip stays on. Not to mention that if you go with the tomato you have to fully commit to putting the whole thing in your mouth. Too big? Too fucking bad. Chew it and hope you don't make a mess when juice squirts out.

QuantumDream

Oct 31, 2017
I can eat all of the items on the tray raw with ranch dip except.. Celery, But it tastes great cooked in the stuffing I make for Thanksgiving.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Celery. I like cauliflower and all the rest. Celery is the worst of all vegetables period.

kreepmode

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely cauliflower. I dont know why celery has so many votes.

Edit: okay i guess people hated celery more than I thought.

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
I said tomato BECAUSE usually the tomatoes aren't as fresh as they should be in a veggie tray and there is nothing worse than an off tomato, but when they're good, they're great.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I was gonna say cauliflower then I remembered celery exists.

Cauliflower is good when prepared in a number of different ways, but celery is irredeemable. Yes, even "ants on a log".

Ants on a log is literally covering celery with peanut butter and sugary dry fruit to cover up the taste as much as possible. That's how bad celery is. People need to put peanut butter and sugar on it to eat it.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of most dips, and I find cauliflower awful raw and plain. Out of that grouping, it's the one I leave alone.

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
I voted cauli, if I could vote broc as well I would. But the whole store bought veg tray is a wack item to bring, if you're pressed for time or budget at least get the meat and cheese tray (dietary preferences aside, of course.)

Reel Big Fish

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2020
I eat cauliflower for dinner probably 4 times a week. Blasphemy that's it's being voted as the worst. Celery tastes like shit.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Cauliflower is beautiful roasted, not so good raw unless it's cut really really thin and flavored aggressively in a salad or something.

At some point I do wonder why the crudité shot-callers have not just had a meeting and been like "let's be real people only like the carrots and celery here."

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Cucumbers for sure. Not a fan of the flavor, like even in cucumber water. Tomatoes are a close second. Can't deal with tomatoes just on their own. Everything else I'll eat up.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I dig them all, but if I had to choose it would be the cauliflower. I guess my enjoyment of it comes from what dip its paired with. Not that I don't like it in other meals though. I had roasted cauliflower with some butter or something restaurant and it was heavenly.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
That old ass broccoli. Anything other than fresh broccoli is typically inedible imo

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i don't even think cauliflower is, like, food. i think someone made a mistake along the way.