• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Like there are parts where it's extremely funny, but then it's got very over the top violence... and yet amazingly it all pulls it off well.

(If you do see my earlier thread about cults, I did decide to watch the film, I enjoyed it and it gave me some ideas for my short film I want to make)

But it's a brilliant film. I liked it a lot.

Jul 10, 2018
Yes, it's also a spoiler for the film itself.

I saw this in the theater believe it or not, small independent (at the time) theater just outside Boston. Wild ride. :-)

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Crusty jugglers.

Awesome movie, though. It really does blend tones really well. Dalton is hilarious in it too.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
9fe806bfb10386b1a775799012e68c78.jpg

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The movie is the best of the trilogy, but it's more thriller than horror imo.

Korean movies mix "horror" with comedy better that it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
The movie is the best of the trilogy, but it's more thriller than horror imo.

Korean movies mix "horror" with comedy better that it.
yeah, i'd say hot fuzz is less "horror" and more "slasher" maybe? the deaths/gore is pretty campy, while the violence is more Bad Boys action movie

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's my favorite of the three movies and as close to perfection as one could make a movie.

Oct 26, 2017
I figured the example would be the "for the greater good" reveal scene towards the end. I love that scene---it takes the film from funny to creepy in a snap. Has a good horror-esque vibe to the scene too.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Just stopping in to say this movie is amazing and even better than Shaun of the Dead imo. So many quotable moments.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Also I saw this in theatres when it released and an old couple was sitting through it but walked out after the scene where the old couple in the movie gets drop kicked to the face, lmao

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Hot Fuzz is the best Edgar Wright movie.
Definitely my favorite! Hot Fuzz is one of those movies I could watch over and over again without getting sick of it. Also, a fond attachment to it because I went to see it in the theater with my youngest brother and we both were floored by how fun the movie was, it became a big bonding moment (we're 12 years apart).

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
Just rewatched Shaun of the Dead this morning. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost are such a great team.

Mar 30, 2019
My favorite scene is the 7 frame quick-cut-edit of Dr. Hatcher reloading his shotgun. I'm in stitches every time.

"I've brought you into this world. I think it's rather fitting I should take you out of it."

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't consider it horror, personally. But it is a 10/10 buddy cop action thriller comedy. Shaun of the Dead is the 10/10 horror comedy (zom rom com).

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
I love it when the priest is shot and exclaims "Jesus Christ!".

Cornetto best to worst (lowest is a 9/10 so worst is relative):
"Hot Fuzz"
"The World's End"
"Shaun of the Dead"