• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Let's get spooky up in here !

It's that fabulous time of the year again, expect this year nobody is going to be able to have a proper Halloween sadly.
But hey, at least we can still tell creepy stories around the virtual bonfire !
So come on Era, I wanna know all about your own spirit/ghost/unexplainable/whateverthefuckyouwantweird encounters.
And if you don't have any story to tell and still wanna contribute, you can also post some creepy paranormal video you found.

I'll be coming in later to tell my own ones but for now, I leave it to you !

giphy.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We were watching horror movies at a friend's house and after credits rolled the amazon echo all the way in the other room started playing Hello Darkness My Old Friend even though it wasn't on any of the active playlists

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
When I was young I watched this documentary about ghosts and paranormal activity, it pretty spooked me.

I then went to bed, waiting to fall asleep only to hear noises coming from the ventilation shaft near my head, I ran down to my dad to make sure I wasn't going nuts and imagining things.

Turned out to be a mouse but it was still spooky!

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
A couple years ago on this apartment where I used to live, my bed was facing the door, so I could see the hallway when lying, but on this day, it was 9 A.M I think, when I opened my eyes there were 2 hands like that on my door, one on each side:
a-hand-holding-open-closed-a-white-door-B0AD7W.jpg

The door was fully opened in my case, one hand was doing this >>>đź‘Ť<<<< and the other one was holding a fucking lighter, I'm serious, it was like that for 10~15 seconds and then the hands disappeared.

First I thought it was my parents doing a prank or something, but then I got up, looked on their bedroom, nothing, on the living room, nothing, then I read a message of them saying they were going to the market.

Boy... I was scared af, I still wonder what the hell those hands were.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I remember this like it was yesterday. I was 5 years old, and my mom and I lived in what felt like the largest 2 story home. My mom and I have the only room downstairs.

One morning, my mom went out for her morning run as she normally did back then. But normally I don't get up until she gets back so it was never an issue before. Until this morning at about 5:00 AM (it was still dark), I got up in chills. I don't know if it was a nightmare or what that woke me, but I remember clearly feeling like I was not alone even though my mom was gone. We had one of those beds that had the bedheads with the sliding doors, and I still don't know why I did it, but something told me to put my hand in the bedhead. When I did, I legit felt something grab my hand!

I yanked my hand away and bolted out of the room and up the stairs, heading for my grandma's room. While I was running, it was probably my imagination, but it felt like something was chasing me for real. For a 5 year old, this was near traumatic. I jumped in my grandma's bed, trembling with fear until my mom came for me.

Still remember it clearly...

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
A couple years ago on this apartment where I used to live, my bed was facing the door, so I could see the hallway when lying, but on this day, it was 9 A.M I think, when I opened my eyes there were 2 hands like that on my door, one on each side:

The door was fully opened in my case, one hand was doing this >>>đź‘Ť<<<< and the other one was holding a fucking lighter, I'm serious, it was like that for 10~15 seconds and then the hands disappeared.

First I thought it was my parents doing a prank or something, but then I got up, looked on their bedroom, nothing, on the living room, nothing, then I read a message of them saying they were going to the market.

That's pretty spoopy, man.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK

I saw a disembodied hand too!

Let's start a cult.

It was 8am and I was leaving my flat for work. As I walked down the entrance hall I noticed a chap outside, waiting to cross the road.
As he did so, A hand shot out from behind a near tree, grasping at his head.

It made a slow snatching motion, as though trying to grab his hair.

The tenant ducked a little as though sensing something in his peripheral vision, but then crossed the road as though nothing had happened.

I approached the tree assuming there was some kids messing about, but was extremely surprised to find no on there.

There were no branches that far down, nor anywhere someone could have hidden.

It was fucking weird and when I describe the experience to people they don't care.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I always talk about his one. When I used to work for a movie theatre I was closing projection one night, it was about just after 1 am. When I was shutting off the last set of lights in the projection booth I heard what sounded like a bunch of boxes being knocked over and pushed around along with a loud man's grunt that was echoing from upstairs in the other complete side of the projection booth. When I went to go check out where it came from there was nothing knocked over. When I went downstairs the only people left in the building were me and my manager, not even the night cleaners had showed up yet. Still to this day I cannot explain what actually happened.

Oct 25, 2017
When I was 7 in New Orleans staying in my uncle's loft, I happened to look out the window and saw what looked like ghost woman in period clothing on the balcony across the street.

Another time in my life we lived near an eccentric older lady,
She used to sit outside and sing,hum, etc.
We stopped noticing her outside but would still hear her for a good while.
eventually someone came and discovered that she had been dead for a while, we were eventually told it was a suicide.
weirder from the exact time she stopped appearing outside our dogs started acting weird and spooked all the time,
Also my baby brother at the time had one of those rocker animals, we had it for probably over 2 years at that point and we didn't even know it had sounds soon after she died it just started making loud animal noises one night from his empty room, didn't do it in the daytime for whatever reason so after a few nights in a row my other younger brother and sister threw it in the garbage.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember that time, when I was like 11 years old, I went to sleep and in what I thought was the middle of the night I saw at the side of my bed a figure, shape similar to those cartoon ghosts with the white sheet, just staring down on me. The thing was at my left and touching the bed. It was a bright yellow/green and very very shiny, like it emitted light. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I just could stare for what felt ages.

Then with a lot of effort I hid under my blankets, closed my eyes tight and waited for an eternity. Then I looked again and it was gone.

It was years later that I learned what sleep paralysis was. I got a couple more episodes throughout my life but not like that one. Usually I just woke up and couldn't move, no apparition.

That shit was wild.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly none. (I'm fascinated with this stuff)

But then again I don't want any type of intruder in my house.

Maybe one day I'll go with ghost hunters to an abandoned place for the night, seems like a cool experience.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I've posted it a few times, but here is mine.

When I was 16, my aunt had moved into a house, and immediately she said there were weird things happening. Doors opening on their own, hearing footsteps, voices, etc. She was going to go on vacation(honestly, she just wanted to get away from the house, that's what she told me when I got there) after she was in there a few months, and asked if I wouldn't mind staying over there to watch her dog.

I got there, she left, so I settled in for the day. During the day, everything was quiet. That evening, I was in the living room watching the Cardinals game, and I heard footsteps walk out of the main bedroom, and into the bathroom down the hall. I got up to see what it was, and nothing was there. I went back to watch the game, then heard the footsteps walk out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. This happened a few times, then the the last time there was a bang on the door to her closet. I wasn't spooked, but my nerves were on edge. The dog went nuts. I slept on the couch, and nothing else happened that night, though I did not sleep well.

I got up the next morning and went to work. After I got home, a buddy of mine came over to hang out and we watched the Cards game together. The exact same thing happened again, we hear footsteps go out of the bedroom, into the bathroom. My buddy jumps off the couch with a loud "WTF was that!?" I didn't tell him about the house because I wanted to see if someone else would have the same reaction. He thought I was playing a prank on him, he ran to the bathroom, and no one was there. About 20 minutes later, we heard a loud bang in the kitchen. We both ran into the kitchen, but no one was there, and nothing had been knocked over. As soon as the game was over, my buddy left pretty quickly. After he left, I again heard the footsteps a few times again, but nothing else.

I was off the next day, so I got up and was making breakfast in the kitchen after letting the dog outside. I heard something shuffle in the basement below me (it sounded like a table getting moved), so I walked over to the door that opens to the basement. It sounded like someone was running up the stairs, enough that I jumped back, waiting for someone to barge through the door. I sat there for a few seconds, then slowly opened the door, expecting someone to be there, but no one was there. I went down to the basement, checked everything, then I heard footsteps above me running through the kitchen.

By this point, I'm pretty freaked out. I took my breakfast and ate outside, and basically spent most of the morning away from the house. Her grass was getting a little tall, so I figured I'd mow for her so that way she wouldn't have to do it when she got back. Plus, it kept me out of the house.

I was mowing down away from the house, then turned to head back up to the house, I looked up, and there was an older woman staring at me from the backdoor. She was wearing horn-rimmed glasses, had white hair, and was wearing a gown, looked to be from the 50's if I had to guess. I could actually make out details on the clothing, which is of all things, what stood out to me the most. She wasn't transparent either. I sat there, didn't move, but then looked down for a second at the mower, looked up and she was gone.

I sat outside the rest of the day, took the dog with me that evening and did not return to the house until my aunt came back a few days after. Of course, she asked what happened, I told her everything but seeing the old woman, because I still wasn't sure if what I saw was real.

My aunt put up with the house a few more months, but finally had enough, broke her lease and moved out. Even the landlord was up front and honest about it, stating that he's gone through a few leases being broken, but he himself had lived in the house for years and never had anything happen.

The craziest part was about a week before she broke her lease, she called me to tell me she saw the old woman in the bedroom. I asked her to describe her, and she described her in the exact same manner as to what I saw. Even now, I literally get chilled when I think about it.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I've posted it a few times, but here is mine.

When I was 16, my aunt had moved into a house, and immediately she said there were weird things happening. Doors opening on their own, hearing footsteps, voices, etc. She was going to go on vacation(honestly, she just wanted to get away from the house, that's what she told me when I got there) after she was in there a few months, and asked if I wouldn't mind staying over there to watch her dog.

I got there, she left, so I settled in for the day. During the day, everything was quiet. That evening, I was in the living room watching the Cardinals game, and I heard footsteps walk out of the main bedroom, and into the bathroom down the hall. I got up to see what it was, and nothing was there. I went back to watch the game, then heard the footsteps walk out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. This happened a few times, then the the last time there was a bang on the door to her closet. I wasn't spooked, but my nerves were on edge. The dog went nuts. I slept on the couch, and nothing else happened that night, though I did not sleep well.

I got up the next morning and went to work. After I got home, a buddy of mine came over to hang out and we watched the Cards game together. The exact same thing happened again, we hear footsteps go out of the bedroom, into the bathroom. My buddy jumps off the couch with a loud "WTF was that!?" I didn't tell him about the house because I wanted to see if someone else would have the same reaction. He thought I was playing a prank on him, he ran to the bathroom, and no one was there. About 20 minutes later, we heard a loud bang in the kitchen. We both ran into the kitchen, but no one was there, and nothing had been knocked over. As soon as the game was over, my buddy left pretty quickly. After he left, I again heard the footsteps a few times again, but nothing else.

I was off the next day, so I got up and was making breakfast in the kitchen after letting the dog outside. I heard something shuffle in the basement below me (it sounded like a table getting moved), so I walked over to the door that opens to the basement. It sounded like someone was running up the stairs, enough that I jumped back, waiting for someone to barge through the door. I sat there for a few seconds, then slowly opened the door, expecting someone to be there, but no one was there. I went down to the basement, checked everything, then I heard footsteps above me running through the kitchen.

By this point, I'm pretty freaked out. I took my breakfast and ate outside, and basically spent most of the morning away from the house. Her grass was getting a little tall, so I figured I'd mow for her so that way she wouldn't have to do it when she got back. Plus, it kept me out of the house.

I was mowing down away from the house, then turned to head back up to the house, I looked up, and there was an older woman staring at me from the backdoor. She was wearing horn-rimmed glasses, had white hair, and was wearing a gown, looked to be from the 50's if I had to guess. I could actually make out details on the clothing, which is of all things, what stood out to me the most. She wasn't transparent either. I sat there, didn't move, but then looked down for a second at the mower, looked up and she was gone.

I sat outside the rest of the day, took the dog with me that evening and did not return to the house until my aunt came back a few days after. Of course, she asked what happened, I told her everything but seeing the old woman, because I still wasn't sure if what I saw was real.

My aunt put up with the house a few more months, but finally had enough, broke her lease and moved out. Even the landlord was up front and honest about it, stating that he's gone through a few leases being broken, but he himself had lived in the house for years and never had anything happen.

The craziest part was about a week before she broke her lease, she called me to tell me she saw the old woman in the bedroom. I asked her to describe her, and she described her in the exact same manner as to what I saw. Even now, I literally get chilled when I think about it.

God damn that's creepy. Also, a lot of what you experienced is remarkably similar to some of the encounters we had in my family, it's fascinating.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I was around 10 or so I lived in an older, spacious house with my mom. I was upstairs, probably playing Pokemon or something, and I heard my mom call for me from downstairs. So I get up, and go halfway down the stairs so that I can see into the living room, and my mother is standing there looking up at me. I say something like "yeah? what's up?" and she says "what do you mean? what's up with you?" and I go "what do you mean? I heard you call me" and she goes "no, you called me." We stood there for a minute, both confused, because we clearly heard the other person call for them. Since there wasn't anything to actually discuss, we went back to what we were doing. But it was definitely weird.

That house had a lot of weird moments like that. Windows opening and closing on their own kind of stuff. My mom briefly knew this family that had a kid, and his parents swore that the kid could contact the dead. I wasn't home for this, but apparently the family went to go have lunch with my mom at our house, and the kid would not step foot in the house. Wouldn't go up to the door. Absolutely refused to enter. They went and had lunch elsewhere.

We only lived there a few years, but yeah. The house was weird.

wideface

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
The sound of an object falling to the floor woke me up at 5 am.

I looked around and saw that one of the drawers in the desk next to my bed was open.

In front of the desk, on the floor, was my PS Vita. I had been playing Shiren the Wanderer earlier that night.

I could've sworn I left my Vita in the drawer before falling asleep.

But it seems like the spirit of a dead console opened the drawer and flung my Vita violently to the floor.

Either that or I forgot to close the drawer, fell asleep while playing and the console fell from the bed.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
When I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old, I was out shopping with my Mom and Sister. My Dad was still at work and had to stop on bus way home, he tried calling us from a payphone to let us know he'd be a few minutes late. We weren't home, obviously, but an old lady answered the phone. He thought he dialed the wrong number, but when we all got home, his brief conversation with the old lady was on our answering machine.

That was kind of spooky.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Alright, my turn.

I have a ton of stories but I'm going to start with one way before my time.
When she was about 5 years old, my mother was living with her grand-parents that were nicknamed "Pinpin and Minmin", along with her teen aunts and uncles, in the north countryside of France. Huge open landscape and tiny villages.
They were living in a old house were my great grand-mother, Minmin, grew up in. In the middle of nowhere about 2 miles from the nearest village, it was a peaceful life, even though they were very poor.
Anyways, one day Minmin was teaching my 5 years old mother how to make crepes in the kitchen. It was about 5 PM and the sun was still shining bright outside.
There was a window in the kitchen, just above the stove, where you could see the garden.
In the middle of the lesson, my mother caught a glimpse of someone standing outside, near the fence and looking at the landscape. She couldn't really make who that was since she was a bit too short, so she asked Minmin to take a look. And she remember seeing her taken aback when looked out the window.

"It's Pop." She said.

Pop was her father, who died a couple years before. She lifted my mom so she could see him too.
He was just standing there, his hands on his lower back, just looking away. He wasn't moving, he was just there.
Minmin tried to call him, but he didn't answer. And he still wasn't moving.
My mom, who never got to meet him, wanted to go outside and talk to him but Minmin was understandably hesitant at first, but she didn't wanted my mom to go alone. They left the kitchen and walked to the entrance. When they opened the door, they were met by one of my mom uncle's, Frank, who was coming back from school, so they thought that they just mistook him for Pop outside.
But immediatly, he started rambling about also seeing him just now, standing near the fence. He said that he didn't even noticed him at first, even thought he walked just past him, he didn't feel his presence.
He asked them to follow him to try and talk with him but when they got to the front of the house, he wasn't there anymore.

I always thought it was fascinating that they saw him at the same time, from both inside and outside the house.
Even though she was pretty young, that encounter really stuck with my mom. I also got to ask my great uncle and my great grand-mother about it before they passed away and they also remembered it clearly back then. But they were never able to explain it.
But after the experience, my great grand-mother said that she felt his presence multiple times after that day, but it was never in creepy kind of way, on the contrary she felt like he was trying to comfort her, during what was a pretty difficult period for her.

I have lot of other, creepier stories, but I wanted to tell this wholesome one first.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say the most paranormal thing(s) I've experienced have been related to sleep paralysis / sleep demon / night terror type events. Like you "wake up" in bed and feel an immense pressure on your chest. You can't move. You can't scream. But you're still aware of your surroundings. I've seen (and felt) some really creepy things. Seeing a "hag" (old witch) or "succubus" (sexy demon lady lol) is a common sleep paralysis theme. One time a "hag" was standing at my doorway and I couldn't move my neck or arms. She just rushed towards me and started yelling. I've also had my blanket pulled off the bed during these events by some entity. Likewise, I've felt movement (like a small cat) rustling under the sheets during these events.

tumblr_ml2ci6TTRK1s6u13eo1_500.gif

Besides the occasional sleep paralysis, the only "ghostly" encounter I've had was when I was home alone a few years ago. I was at my parents house on winter break from college. I was just sitting in my room, surfing the internet. I heard a door slam downstairs and thought my parents came home. I got up to greet them but quickly realized there was nobody home. I thought it must have been air pressure or something, like when you open a bedroom window and it causes your bedroom door to get sucked in like a vacuum or whatever. Anyways, I went back to my desk and shortly after I heard another door slam. It sounded like the backyard door. I was terrified and thought there was an intruder in my house. I went to the staircase and there was nobody there, all the doors were still locked. I just told myself I'm hearing things and tried to forget about whatever that was.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't believe in the supernatural but sleep paralysis will fuck your shit up and it has fucked mine up a time or two.

badatorigami

Dec 5, 2019
Don't have any of my own, but I love reading threads like these (at midnight with the lights off and scaring myself so bad that I don't dare go to the bathroom).

Jezebel does a very good annual round-up of readers' true scary stories.
https://jezebel.com/c/scary-stories

I think their readership might have gone down in recent times due to G/O Media herb fuckery so I'm not sure how this year's round-up will fare, but their posts from previous years are filled with terrifying gold. The actual posts themselves are just a dozen or so stories that the siterunners like, but would recommend going to the comment sections for even more of the good stuff.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I fell into a sleep paralysis like several nights ago.

so I'm the type while I have like a throw blanket I actually just either use the bedsheet thing because I get warm easily.

I woke up around 4am and it was a bit chilly because temp is like in the 50s and I have the fan on so I decided to use the blanket. I actually rolled on my left side and fell Asleep. I start dreaming instantly. Iwas in some house and noticed two people outside running. It was two little girls. I went to shoo them away so I snap my fingers to make it rain. But other part of my mind I didn't want to go into a deep sleep as I had to wake up at 6ish to get ready for work. So snap myself out of the dream. Or so I thought.As I was trying to adjust my vision I roll to my left and out of focus I see a dark shadow laying my bed next to me. I stared at it and thought to myself no one was sleeping next to me when I fell asleep. And at that moment my eyes cleared and I saw a ghostly figure next to me. They had pale skin and black eyes, sharp teeth and they growled at me. With one of their hand reached out to grab me, I had a moment where I'm like just take me, But instead of freaking out out I linger forward and decided to bite it? It felt like air when I bit down. It didn't last long but I broke free or how I woke up was when I managed to blow air out of my mouth. The figure disappeared and I woke up right after.

It started because the blanket had some weight to it so it sorta made it feel like someone was holding me down

Oct 26, 2017
I saw Michael Myers at a grocery store in Haddonfield yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen kitchen knives in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the knives and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each knife and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I saw Michael Myers at a grocery store in Haddonfield yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen kitchen knives in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each knife and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I met Freddy Krueger 5 days ago. I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my brother got his hair cut. So there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a barbershop with my niece, and who walks in but Freddy fucking Krueger himself. I was nervous as shit, and just kept looking at him as he was sitting there with his claws and waited, but was too scared to say anything to him. Pretty soon my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Freddy, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asked what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So Freddy removed his claw glove, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of the barbershop. Chill guy, really nice about it. Would let him breast feed my niece again.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Working in hospitals, you always hear interesting stories.

One was from the hospital I'm currently working in, where one nurse committed suicide. Afterwards, when patients were in pain, nurses asked the doctor to order some pain killers or something to help them sleep. When they were finally going to administer the ordered medication, the patients often said that another nurse had given them the pill.

After a couple of times, they started asking how the nurse looked and she fit into the late nurse's description. They did a mass for her and she never appeared again. She really must have liked her job and service to keep doing it after death.

Another one was told to me by a head nurse, who worked in another hospital's ICU and hospitalization, in which families, patients referred that they saw a tall man with a hat, wearing all black, coming out of patient's rooms. The man never allowed his face to be seen. The patients who resided in said rooms always died a couple of minutes afterwards. This head nurse swears she saw this man, when she was greeting patients in her usual rounds, saying that this man did not greet her back, and was always giving her his back. She thought it was just a rude relative. When she told other nurses about the relative, they said "but that patient's never been visited by a relative and he was alone just a moment ago". The patient had a cardiac arrest shortly afterwards and died.

When she described the man, I could only think of one image which she says it's pretty accurate and it's sure it's creepy enough:

225px-Magritte_TheSonOfMan.jpg

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Posted this years ago so will post here again. I guarantee no one will believe me but 100% accurate and true:

Okay guys here it goes. I'll preface this by saying that this happened in the late 90's and of course I know that memories are a funny thing and can change and alter, and then there's those memories you remember clear as day no matter how long it is. This is one of the latter and I can remember every detail, every smell, taste, touch and this was way before I started drinking or doing any kind of drugs so my mind wasn't affected by any of that. But... I do concede it happened years ago and while it's clear as day to me still, I'll never know for sure if everything from this story is 100% intact being that we're all humans with these weird things called brains in our heads :-)

So this was the summer after I graduated high school, and there was this group of friends and we were all close as hell and thick as thieves; 4 guys and two girls and we did everything together. One of the guys in particular was named Anthony and he lived probably the closest to me so we'd often walk to school together, have sleepovers, etc. and we're probably closer than the rest. So at this point in time everything was normal day to day, but I noticed Anthony started changing. Nothing crazy but he started dressing more Goth, listening to different music and things like that. Totally cool to me, if he wants to change his style that's all him and I'm not judging at all so didn't seem necessarily weird to me. But then he was also starting to get into reading witch craft books and black magic books and all this and I thought that was strange, mainly because I thought all that was a bunch of bullshit.

One night I stay over at his house, and it was a normal sleepover, nothing crazy but the reason I mention this is because a couple days later is when the crazy train pulled into town, and it didn't leave for about 3-4 months and this was the last time we really hung out like that for a long time.

So a couple days later he invites me over to hang out and starts to tell me this story out of nowhere. He said about a week or so ago he bought this one black magic book and had been reading it extensively and really getting into it and that he's been having this same exact dream every night since he started reading it. The dream was all of us walking to school in the morning. We'd often walk behind this Safeway because it was quicker and that was the way we went each night in his dream. However in his dream every night we'd get jumped by some random douche bags behind the Safeway, but make our escape somehow and then continue on to school and he'd wake up after.

But... he said that each night the attackers would change; they would slowly start looking more and more demonic each night. Finally on the last night he had this dream, one of them swiped at his back as we were escaping and caught him in his back. When he woke up the next morning, which was the day he invited me over and told me all this, his back was burning and he checked in the mirror and saw that he had 5, 12-inch or so long scratches on his back. Well he lifted his shirt and showed me and sure enough, 5 long scratches were there, all lined up and spaced out just a like a human hand would be. All of this could have been bullshit and that he did it to himself, but what was crazy is that these were already scars when I looked that them. Since I was at his house 2 days before and his back had no scratches at all (he slept in his boxers only on the floor and I remember clearly seeing his back), how did these happen and heal completely in just 2 days. It was bizarre as hell and I still cannot explain it. Could have been an elaborate bit of makeup work, but I doubt it and why would he go through all that? I ran my hand across them and they seemed as real as any scars would.

So more time passes, maybe a couple weeks to a month, not sure exactly, and I don't see him that much at all during this time. He's keeping to himself and whenever we do see him, he's different. Can't put our finger on how but different.

I lived in an apartment complex and lucky for me (not!) we had a cemetery right next door. And funny fact about this apartment complex (and I did confirm this too), when it as built, part of the cemetery was dug up and moved to make room for it. No idea how that was even allowed but anyways..

The next incident was not unexplained at all necessarily but just added to the weirdness going on. We're at the park across the street from the cemetery where we often hang out and it was late at night (the park was connected to the old middle school I went to and was a known hang out place for folks back then so it wasn't like we like we were hanging out next to cemeteries late at night to be weird or anything lol). Anthony suddenly starts freaking out, running out into the street acting all crazy. He hops the fence to the cemetery across the street and starts rocking tomb stones back and forth and trying to pull them out of the ground. He succeeds and yanks a few out. We're all screaming at him to stop and chasing his ass but he was way faster than us. He then runs into the street saying he wants to die and starts actively trying to jump in front of cars. No clue what the fuck is up with this guy but he finally tires himself out back in the cemetery and we eventually get him home. No cell phones or cameras back then so luckily we didn't get arrested and no drivers or anyone was hurt. I felt horrible the next day seeing the damage he did to those graves and when I talked to him the next day... he remembered nothing.

So quick side note here, I grew up partially with my Dad who was super religious and dealt with exorcisms and all manner of crazy shit. So because of that and stories my Dad told me I was pretty convinced at this point that Anthony may not be alone if you know what I mean.

And this is where things truly turn crazy and terrifying... (as if they weren't already)

Things seemingly go back to normal-ish, I see Anthony here and there and actually more than I did prior to that night. He was super calm in the following weeks, mellow even and I thought maybe this shit was over and he was rid of whatever it was that was affecting him or he finally ran out of his crazy pills.

One night I invite him over to stay the night. It was a normal night, my brother and I shared a room so the 3 of us were playing games and chillin when Anthony our of nowhere (again) says that he can make ghosts appear... uh okay dude. My brother and I laughed our asses off and told him he was full of shit, and then I say prove it then. Almost as if he was hoping I'd say that he hops and says okay let's go!

My curiosity had to see this through of course so him and I leave (my brother had no interest in entertaining this and stayed) and head over to the cemetery; must have been 10-11 at night.

We go in and he's quiet and goes over to this one above ground, long cement grave (hopefully you can picture what I mean, it was about 2 feet above ground the length of a normal grave) and sits down on top of it, crossed leg style, hands in his lap, eyes closed and just sits there. Felt like 15-20 minutes go by and my patience is dwindling as there ain't shit happening. I don't say anything though and just stand there behind him (maybe 10 feet away) waiting to see what happens.

I start to hear the sound of cement moving on cement (I'm sure you all know the sound I mean), it's happening around me but I can't pinpoint where. Probably about 3-4 second long cement moving sounds, so short and not as if something was being opened if that makes sense. I then start to hear footsteps, again all around me. This cemetery is pretty small and also fairly well lit so I had eye sight across the whole thing and there was no one there, especially in the immediate area which is where these footsteps were coming from.

Homie has my attention at this point but of course nothing too crazy yet. He then stands up, raises his arm and points to the back of the cemetery. I look and I shit you not I see two kids playing catch... clear as day yet they were see-through and blueish/green in color!! I then look to the left and I see a man running, jump into the air and disappear, again see- through and blueish/green in color. These were all also glowing and swear they looked just like you would think if you saw them in a movie! Freaky fucking shit!

I immediately turn into Usain Bolt and take off towards the front fence!! I hop over and tear off back to home leaving him there and as I'm running away I look back and this blueish/green blob floats over the front cemetery fence, down into the street and disappears. I get home, freak out and tell my brother what happened and eventually the night ends... I didn't speak to Anthony again until the final incident.

More weeks go by (2-3) and I don't talk to him at all. One night he calls me out of the blue and asks if I can meet him at the same park across the street from the cemetery that I mentioned earlier. Red flags are flying everywhere because he sounded weird and I knew something was up. Only one of the group of ours had a car so I called her and asked if she would be down to come with me to meet him. She said yes and came and picked me up and we drove over to the park and parked on the street.

Really strange but my instincts totally kicked in this night. The phone call set off tons of alarms in so I purposely wanted to drive there and have her wait in the car ready to go just in case. So I get out of the car and walk over to him. We always hung out in the playground part of the park so I go there and I see him laying on a bench. I try talking to him and he's mumbling with his eyes closed and just looking really weird.

I don't know why but I immediately thought of my Dad and stories he told me and I just had this gut feeling that that's what was about to happen here. I was convinced home boy called me there to cause harm to me or someone. Knowing this I tell Anthony to come over and say hi our friend... I'm testing him now. I walk ahead of him and as he's getting up I see his face out of the corner of my eye (I was purposely walking ahead and wanting to see if I could catch him doing anything behind me) and it has the most evil smile on it I've ever seen. Right then I knew it was going down.

So I open the passenger door and ask Anthony to sit down (friend was still in the driver seat) and say hi to her. This was a dick move because I was using her as bait and I knew it, but I also knew what was about to happen and was more than ready.

Soon as he sits down in the seat he immediately goes for her throat with his hand! Expecting this I snatch his ass out of car before he could even get his hand anywhere close and slam him on the sidewalk!!

He's writhing around like he's in pain and I then sit on him and pin him down (I'm 6'5" and about 240 so demon or not his ass wasn't moving). He's just screaming and acting all weird and writhing like he's being hurt so again I think to my Dad and I start saying "begone in the name of Jesus!"!!

I keep repeating it and every time the word Jesus leaves my lips he screams out like I just stabbed him. I now know for sure what was happening and so kept at it. As I'm doing this and I'm looking at his face, his features are actually changing, eyebrow ridges getting bigger, mouth starting to widen to an impossible width, he starts looking extremely evil.

This goes on for what felt like forever (in reality probably 30-45 minutes) and eventually he stops reacting to what I'm saying, goes limp and seems to have fallen asleep, face returning to normal. I stay on top for a while and he finally comes to, not remembering anything that happened.

That was the last time I saw him for years. Probably 8–10 years later I see this dude randomly working at Best Buy. All the gothic look and everything was gone and he looked totally normal and happy. I said hi but didn't bring anything up and just chatted for a minute and then I left.

Haven't heard from him since. I honestly think I saved his life whether it was from him harming himself or harming someone else and I hope he's doing well these days regardless of what happened and what could explain it all.

I don't see how what I experienced was anything other the paranormal activity and demon possession and like I said this is a memory that's clear as day and will stick with me forever. One cool aspect with all this is that I'm no longer afraid of the unexplained and in fact am really interested in it and would love to experience more.

That final night I never once got scared and had this weird sense of knowing exactly what was going to happen and what to do to fix it... that in itself was also weird like I had someone watching my back.

So there it is, I'm happy to answer any questions but it simply something happened and regardless of any explanations one way or another, all those events happened exactly as I've described.

I have goose bumps and tearing up a bit just reliving this while writing it.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
The only paranormal experience I have where I can't just say "Oh it was in my head" or someone faked it.

My friend lived in this old ass house, old for the US at least, built in the late 1800s. In some pockets of the county, there's these big areas where these houses have a lot of land and use them for farming and stuff. Friend, who I'll call Amelia, lived in this house as part of her job on one of these farms. One problem though is that this house just so happened to be on this road, I'll name Kill Road, that just so happened to be rumored to be haunted. In high school we used to go there and try to experience something, and we had some freaky shit go on- but nothing where I could go "Yes, that definitely happened and is paranormal!" and there was some weird shit like clear as hell recorded voices from a female when it was just dudes.

Anyways, so Kill Road is supposed to be haunted and Amelia lives in this house and swears upon her life that she hears voices upstairs. She's so freaked out that she moved her mattress into the dining room and got a dog and cat to not be alone. Now I don't know why, but I always thought Amelia was kind of freaking out because it was Kill Road and shit. Well, some of us go over one night to hang out and she starts explaining why she had her mattress down there and all the other weird shit that goes on upstairs. So this guy, who I'll call Dub, was super into paranormal stuff. He wanted to go ghost hunting all the time when he learned we had done Kill Road in high school and I had done a few others for fun. He talks me and my friend Andre to go upstairs with him while his girlfriend and Amelia go chill outside. Dub decides to get his phone out and record for voices and we hit up the creepy ass basement with magazines just chilling from the 60s still down there like they haven't moved in decades. Nothing happens. We go upstairs and look around bedrooms and just look to see if anything happens.

He gets a weird sound we thought was kind of like a baby crying in one of the rooms- which might just be because we saw baby stuff. A lot of baby stuff. Andre and me are walking up some steps into the attic and there's a baby bonnet and cane chilling right at the top of the steps with it turned away from the stairs. I nope out, not really taking this serious at all. Dub has walked around recording in other rooms while Andre is trying to get me to go into the attic. Dub comes back and we agree to listen to the recording to see if anything picked up, so we move into the bedroom Amelia has setup as an actual bedroom or I guess someone in the house had it setup. And at the moment that Dub leaves Andre and me, a voice whispers what we all swear sounds like "I'm human".

Now, I should mention another thing about Kill Road and stories about it. While I didn't witness any of it, there's talk about how some occult people come out and "open portals" for demons and shit. And some of the weird people we went with in high school straight up claimed to have closed portals, gave us protective crystals, cast spells and stuff as a protection. And a friend claimed he went there once and found animal sacrifices all over. Another friend from college who went there swore his friend was frozen until he touched him with his cross necklace, and even showed a picture of what he swore was a demon creature. It was a vaguely looking shadow of what looked like someone standing with a smaller shadow next to it.

Anyways, so we hear that and Andre swears it's my voice. I swear that it had to be Dub. So we test his phone out to compare it. Now I know I didn't say anything close to that, and it's a phone not some high end equipment- but to this day I'm not convinced that it wasn't Dub trying to fuck with us. That's not what I can't explain though. After our tests and everything we decide that if it's real, we should get it to move something if this is real. So we start recording again and ask questions and I take my keys out and put them on the bedside table, tell it to move the keys. There's a fan pull cord, so I say to tap the cord. There's doors and stuff so we say to move something. Nothing. No voices, nothing moves- OK nothing is here then. So Andre and Dub are joking around as we're leaving and hitting the pullcord for the fan saying look at me I can hit this because I'm human. Real taunting of this thing, right? We're all at the door of the room leaving and we hear the noise I cannot explain: dink. We look back and that pull cord is swinging like someone had just hit it, so hard that it went up and hit the fan's metal middle thing. Andre, being a true non-believer, tells us we had to have done it- but we were all too far away. Every last one of us was at the door. "Well it must have done back up from when we hit it!" but that's not how physics works. We had no choice but to apologize, call it human and leave. Amelia lost the job maybe a year or two later and doesn't live there anymore. I had gone back a couple times before she moved and swore it sounded like someone was upstairs, when no one was. Creepy ass house and creepy ass road.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
Posted this years ago so will post here again. I guarantee no one will believe me but 100% accurate and true:

Okay guys here it goes. I'll preface this by saying that this happened in the late 90's and of course I know that memories are a funny thing and can change and alter, and then there's those memories you remember clear as day no matter how long it is. This is one of the latter and I can remember every detail, every smell, taste, touch and this was way before I started drinking or doing any kind of drugs so my mind wasn't affected by any of that. But... I do concede it happened years ago and while it's clear as day to me still, I'll never know for sure if everything from this story is 100% intact being that we're all humans with these weird things called brains in our heads :-)

So this was the summer after I graduated high school, and there was this group of friends and we were all close as hell and thick as thieves; 4 guys and two girls and we did everything together. One of the guys in particular was named Anthony and he lived probably the closest to me so we'd often walk to school together, have sleepovers, etc. and we're probably closer than the rest. So at this point in time everything was normal day to day, but I noticed Anthony started changing. Nothing crazy but he started dressing more Goth, listening to different music and things like that. Totally cool to me, if he wants to change his style that's all him and I'm not judging at all so didn't seem necessarily weird to me. But then he was also starting to get into reading witch craft books and black magic books and all this and I thought that was strange, mainly because I thought all that was a bunch of bullshit.

One night I stay over at his house, and it was a normal sleepover, nothing crazy but the reason I mention this is because a couple days later is when the crazy train pulled into town, and it didn't leave for about 3-4 months and this was the last time we really hung out like that for a long time.

So a couple days later he invites me over to hang out and starts to tell me this story out of nowhere. He said about a week or so ago he bought this one black magic book and had been reading it extensively and really getting into it and that he's been having this same exact dream every night since he started reading it. The dream was all of us walking to school in the morning. We'd often walk behind this Safeway because it was quicker and that was the way we went each night in his dream. However in his dream every night we'd get jumped by some random douche bags behind the Safeway, but make our escape somehow and then continue on to school and he'd wake up after.

But... he said that each night the attackers would change; they would slowly start looking more and more demonic each night. Finally on the last night he had this dream, one of them swiped at his back as we were escaping and caught him in his back. When he woke up the next morning, which was the day he invited me over and told me all this, his back was burning and he checked in the mirror and saw that he had 5, 12-inch or so long scratches on his back. Well he lifted his shirt and showed me and sure enough, 5 long scratches were there, all lined up and spaced out just a like a human hand would be. All of this could have been bullshit and that he did it to himself, but what was crazy is that these were already scars when I looked that them. Since I was at his house 2 days before and his back had no scratches at all (he slept in his boxers only on the floor and I remember clearly seeing his back), how did these happen and heal completely in just 2 days. It was bizarre as hell and I still cannot explain it. Could have been an elaborate bit of makeup work, but I doubt it and why would he go through all that? I ran my hand across them and they seemed as real as any scars would.

So more time passes, maybe a couple weeks to a month, not sure exactly, and I don't see him that much at all during this time. He's keeping to himself and whenever we do see him, he's different. Can't put our finger on how but different.

I lived in an apartment complex and lucky for me (not!) we had a cemetery right next door. And funny fact about this apartment complex (and I did confirm this too), when it as built, part of the cemetery was dug up and moved to make room for it. No idea how that was even allowed but anyways..

The next incident was not unexplained at all necessarily but just added to the weirdness going on. We're at the park across the street from the cemetery where we often hang out and it was late at night (the park was connected to the old middle school I went to and was a known hang out place for folks back then so it wasn't like we like we were hanging out next to cemeteries late at night to be weird or anything lol). Anthony suddenly starts freaking out, running out into the street acting all crazy. He hops the fence to the cemetery across the street and starts rocking tomb stones back and forth and trying to pull them out of the ground. He succeeds and yanks a few out. We're all screaming at him to stop and chasing his ass but he was way faster than us. He then runs into the street saying he wants to die and starts actively trying to jump in front of cars. No clue what the fuck is up with this guy but he finally tires himself out back in the cemetery and we eventually get him home. No cell phones or cameras back then so luckily we didn't get arrested and no drivers or anyone was hurt. I felt horrible the next day seeing the damage he did to those graves and when I talked to him the next day... he remembered nothing.

So quick side note here, I grew up partially with my Dad who was super religious and dealt with exorcisms and all manner of crazy shit. So because of that and stories my Dad told me I was pretty convinced at this point that Anthony may not be alone if you know what I mean.

And this is where things truly turn crazy and terrifying... (as if they weren't already)

Things seemingly go back to normal-ish, I see Anthony here and there and actually more than I did prior to that night. He was super calm in the following weeks, mellow even and I thought maybe this shit was over and he was rid of whatever it was that was affecting him or he finally ran out of his crazy pills.

One night I invite him over to stay the night. It was a normal night, my brother and I shared a room so the 3 of us were playing games and chillin when Anthony our of nowhere (again) says that he can make ghosts appear... uh okay dude. My brother and I laughed our asses off and told him he was full of shit, and then I say prove it then. Almost as if he was hoping I'd say that he hops and says okay let's go!

My curiosity had to see this through of course so him and I leave (my brother had no interest in entertaining this and stayed) and head over to the cemetery; must have been 10-11 at night.

We go in and he's quiet and goes over to this one above ground, long cement grave (hopefully you can picture what I mean, it was about 2 feet above ground the length of a normal grave) and sits down on top of it, crossed leg style, hands in his lap, eyes closed and just sits there. Felt like 15-20 minutes go by and my patience is dwindling as there ain't shit happening. I don't say anything though and just stand there behind him (maybe 10 feet away) waiting to see what happens.

I start to hear the sound of cement moving on cement (I'm sure you all know the sound I mean), it's happening around me but I can't pinpoint where. Probably about 3-4 second long cement moving sounds, so short and not as if something was being opened if that makes sense. I then start to hear footsteps, again all around me. This cemetery is pretty small and also fairly well lit so I had eye sight across the whole thing and there was no one there, especially in the immediate area which is where these footsteps were coming from.

Homie has my attention at this point but of course nothing too crazy yet. He then stands up, raises his arm and points to the back of the cemetery. I look and I shit you not I see two kids playing catch... clear as day yet they were see-through and blueish/green in color!! I then look to the left and I see a man running, jump into the air and disappear, again see- through and blueish/green in color. These were all also glowing and swear they looked just like you would think if you saw them in a movie! Freaky fucking shit!

I immediately turn into Usain Bolt and take off towards the front fence!! I hop over and tear off back to home leaving him there and as I'm running away I look back and this blueish/green blob floats over the front cemetery fence, down into the street and disappears. I get home, freak out and tell my brother what happened and eventually the night ends... I didn't speak to Anthony again until the final incident.

More weeks go by (2-3) and I don't talk to him at all. One night he calls me out of the blue and asks if I can meet him at the same park across the street from the cemetery that I mentioned earlier. Red flags are flying everywhere because he sounded weird and I knew something was up. Only one of the group of ours had a car so I called her and asked if she would be down to come with me to meet him. She said yes and came and picked me up and we drove over to the park and parked on the street.

Really strange but my instincts totally kicked in this night. The phone call set off tons of alarms in so I purposely wanted to drive there and have her wait in the car ready to go just in case. So I get out of the car and walk over to him. We always hung out in the playground part of the park so I go there and I see him laying on a bench. I try talking to him and he's mumbling with his eyes closed and just looking really weird.

I don't know why but I immediately thought of my Dad and stories he told me and I just had this gut feeling that that's what was about to happen here. I was convinced home boy called me there to cause harm to me or someone. Knowing this I tell Anthony to come over and say hi our friend... I'm testing him now. I walk ahead of him and as he's getting up I see his face out of the corner of my eye (I was purposely walking ahead and wanting to see if I could catch him doing anything behind me) and it has the most evil smile on it I've ever seen. Right then I knew it was going down.

So I open the passenger door and ask Anthony to sit down (friend was still in the driver seat) and say hi to her. This was a dick move because I was using her as bait and I knew it, but I also knew what was about to happen and was more than ready.

Soon as he sits down in the seat he immediately goes for her throat with his hand! Expecting this I snatch his ass out of car before he could even get his hand anywhere close and slam him on the sidewalk!!

He's writhing around like he's in pain and I then sit on him and pin him down (I'm 6'5" and about 240 so demon or not his ass wasn't moving). He's just screaming and acting all weird and writhing like he's being hurt so again I think to my Dad and I start saying "begone in the name of Jesus!"!!

I keep repeating it and every time the word Jesus leaves my lips he screams out like I just stabbed him. I now know for sure what was happening and so kept at it. As I'm doing this and I'm looking at his face, his features are actually changing, eyebrow ridges getting bigger, mouth starting to widen to an impossible width, he starts looking extremely evil.

This goes on for what felt like forever (in reality probably 30-45 minutes) and eventually he stops reacting to what I'm saying, goes limp and seems to have fallen asleep, face returning to normal. I stay on top for a while and he finally comes to, not remembering anything that happened.

That was the last time I saw him for years. Probably 8–10 years later I see this dude randomly working at Best Buy. All the gothic look and everything was gone and he looked totally normal and happy. I said hi but didn't bring anything up and just chatted for a minute and then I left.

Haven't heard from him since. I honestly think I saved his life whether it was from him harming himself or harming someone else and I hope he's doing well these days regardless of what happened and what could explain it all.

I don't see how what I experienced was anything other the paranormal activity and demon possession and like I said this is a memory that's clear as day and will stick with me forever. One cool aspect with all this is that I'm no longer afraid of the unexplained and in fact am really interested in it and would love to experience more.

That final night I never once got scared and had this weird sense of knowing exactly what was going to happen and what to do to fix it... that in itself was also weird like I had someone watching my back.

So there it is, I'm happy to answer any questions but it simply something happened and regardless of any explanations one way or another, all those events happened exactly as I've described.

I have goose bumps and tearing up a bit just reliving this while writing it.

This sounds like it could have been an episode of A Haunting. I mean that in the best way. Great story.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only "paranormal" experience i ever got was like 4-5 years ago that i was in my bed trying to sleep and suddenly i felt like some sort of presence was in the bedroom with me, i couldn't move a muscle for several minutes. Now that could just be an episode of sleep paralysis but i never felt anything like that ever.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
My sister and I have experienced paranormal shit at our parents' house. She saw a bathroom door slam against the wall by itself (no window draft or any reason for it to happen, it was just still, then slammed hard, the way you do if you are pissed off). I felt abnormally cold spots in the house that seemed to move around. No draft or breeze either, it was fixed to a spot (sometimes it would appear behind me), and then it would move a few feet away and stay there for a few seconds to a minute, then disappear.

One of the big WTF things I've seen is an account I mentioned on these forums a few times before. I was walking out from an underpass. To give a greater picture, the areas in front and behind the underpass were sloped downward, the overpass itself was a bridge for trains, the underpass was wide and consisted for four lanes for cars and a pretty narrow sidewalk on each side. When you are right at the bottom, the side walls are high and those walls were covered by a thin layer of ivy. They looked dense (couldn't see the wall underneath them), but if you were to stick your arm into it, it was probably wrist-deep, I was walking up and out and I saw two people walking towards me. The sidewalk was so narrow, if you were to pass someone, you'd either have to both turn sideways to do so or one would have to take a step off onto the street. The two people were walking in line with each other, the back one following the front, same height, same frame. The guy in the front, a young man, was listening to something on his phone (earphones on, not paying attention, just walkin and minding his own). the guy in the black... wasn't really a guy. It was shaped like a person in a hoody, but was black. Not Black, the color black, almost opaque because it was near featureless aside from its eyes, which looked like a persons eyes. I was approaching and knowing full well the guy in front wasn't gonna move, I stepped off the sidewalk, and looked behind him, and the mysterious black person was gone. Vanished, disappeared, like he wasn't even there. I looked around. Did he cross the street, did he hide in the ivy? Y'know, trying to make sense out of this. Even when you see something strange, illogical, you still try to rationalize it. Nobody else was on the street. Even if he ran, I would've still seen him. The young guy in front walked on towards the underpass and I was there left a bit creeped out. It still weirds me out thinking about it. It was like a shadow, but not a shadow. There was depth to it, even though I couldn't see any facial features other than its eyes. It was wearing clothes. I could see it plain as day, and it WAS day time. It wasn't night time or in some dark alley or corner where limited light could play tricks on you. I spent a week afterwards thinking about what the fuck that was. If it was paranormal, a ghost, a demon, why was it following that young guy. Urgh, I get the creeps thinking about it.