• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Twin Snakes is better than the original, and that's just facts baby

tenor.gif

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
TWIN SNAKES IS GREAT!!!.... But it ain't the original and I feel bad for those who missed out on the original soundtrack. Twins Snakes is gaaarbage in comparison.

DanteZaibatsu

Oct 27, 2017
Arsenal Gear
The emotion this game still conjures up within me is crazy. Even though I was less than impressed with GOTP and Phantom Pain, I'll never forget that original run on PS1 - PS2 of MGS, MGS: SOL and MGS: SE. Classics.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, so many great lines to quote from this game as well. Grew up repeating so many with my older brother.

'Hand to hand, it is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'

Gray Fox in the original > Twin Snakes fake Fox.

Also, the ending credits made my Dad pause for a couple minute when I first finished it because the soundtrack is so beautiful.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Never finished the original, only Twin Snakes.

It's funny because the original is so good, graphics wise it holds up because it looks so unique, and it's so well crafted. It's simply a masterpiece.

Still, twin Snakes is pretty good, they follow the same story so it's not lke you're out of the loop when it comes to the shadow moses incident. Back then I loved it to death and still do, there was no internet hating on it at least not that i could see.

Kcarstel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of MGS timelines, we're now past the last events in the series time wise right? I think MGR:R is the last chronologically and that took place in 2018.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Original PSX MGS is one of my top 5 games ever. Twin Snakes is trash in every way except graphics.

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
I played twin snakes a decade or more ago, I've played mgs1 last year. mgs1 is my favorite. I enjoyed it and the soundtrack for that game is so good. I prefer mgs1 over twin snakes for soundtracks.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
Metal Gear Solid was so fucking mindblowing back in 1998. I still get chills from the intro. It's amazing how much Kojima and his team accomplished given the limited hardware.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That immediate thread derail LOL

Maybe I should do a replay... it's been a long time (jack the ripper)

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
There is actually a Twin Snakes defense force on this website........In the year of our lord Two Thousand and Twenty.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
This game has a special place in my heart. When I was a teen, I had a surgery on my left leg and was pinned to a bed for 3 months. I asked my father to get me any game from a local store and when he came back with MGS1 in his hands, I could not have expected to be sucked in right away. Needless to say, I replayed the game 5 times by the time I could get off the bed and till this day is my most memorable experience with a video game!

Oct 27, 2017
Snake must've had some major shrinkage in that cold ass water in the intro. Dat sneak suit.

I actually didnt play this game on the PS1, I bought it a couple of years later when it was released on the PC. Enjoyed every second of it. Loved the soundtrack too.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played this for the first time in 2008 and was blown away. Very few games have had an effect on me like this one.

This game has a special place in my heart. When I was a teen, I had a surgery on my left leg and was pinned to a bed for 3 months. I asked my father to get me any game from a local store and when he came back with MGS1 in his hands, I could not have expected to be sucked in right away. Needless to say, I replayed the game 5 times by the time I could get off the bed and till this day is my most memorable experience with a video game!

Cool story. I kind of miss the days where I had only a few games and replayed them endlessly. Something magical about those days.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
hatsune miku sounds less robotic than the voice acting in twin snakes, her music is better too but it's not really an insult because miku music is good and that drum n bass shit is well... shit

Wait, I thought the differnces were purely graphical. Are you saying that they got different voice actors to deliver the lines in Twin Snakes?

That sounds... obscene. I always wanted to try that version but not like this.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought the differnces were purely graphical. Are you saying that they got different voice actors to deliver the lines in Twin Snakes?

That sounds... obscene. I always wanted to try that version but not like this.
they have the same voice actors they just sound really robotic and emotionless compared to their MGS1 audio

mudai

Oct 27, 2017