• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 27, 2017
California
It's sad how unprepared the USA was and it's sad that the government is going into recess until the end of the month
Legit just saying "we'll wait for this to blow over"

check on your parents/ older friends and family, they are the most at risk

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
There has been an overwhelming feeling of dread at work that I can see on everyone's face and hear in their voice. Our stocks are down big time, people have lost money. Places are more empty then ever before. Roads feel empty. It is easier to get parking. All you overhear from others outside is talk of the virus. All groups on social media that I am part of are only talking about this virus. Think starting next week I will only work from home to isolate myself from all of this depressing stuff.

Trankz

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks thinking about people out there losing their jobs or their hustle or small business with everything being cancelled.. Gotta focus on the positive though

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm relieved as a parent that it doesn't have a notable mortality rate among children. That's always my biggest concern. This pandemic mostly affects the elderly. My parents are getting up there, but I mostly worry about my grandparents. They are over 80 and at high risk.

I haven't seen a reduction of traffic but everyone around me is worried and constantly talking about COVID-19. If the US will be where Italy is at today in 2-3 weeks, I think most Americans understand that we are totally unprepared for it, hence the worry.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It will get worst before it gets better, but we will get through this eventually. Even though the city I live in has no cases yet, it is pretty much what everybody is talking about now.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
What sucks even worse is that summer was upcoming.

People (myself included) were looking forward to holidays, nights out with friends, the olympics and the euros, and so many other events and parties, movies etc.

All pretty much cancelled.

But guess what isnt cancelled?

Work

-_-

Oct 31, 2017
Last edited:

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
It's really sad here at my university, like nothing I've ever seen before. My school is pretty small and very tight-knit. I'm a sophomore, but half of my friends are seniors. Their last semester has just been completely cut off, they don't get graduation or any of the other second semester festivities and traditions my school always did. I feel so bad for them, and so sad that are friendships are just getting cut off like that, unceremoniously.

Never thought I'd say this, but I never have wished to be studying at the library till 5am each night (which is where I was originally gonna be at this week with all the work I originally had) than where I'm at right now.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Can we have a separate specific thread about dealing with anxiety, depression, other mental issues, etc during this time? I know the general OT exists in community, but maybe one for here.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Can we have a separate specific thread about dealing with anxiety, depression, other mental issues, etc during this time? I know the general OT exists in community, but maybe one for here.
Agreed. This would be really helpful.

A place to ease fears and provide comfort about this specific topic.

tata toothy

Dec 24, 2017
Take up hiking if you have the means where you live. There's no risk from the virus involved and does wonders for your mental and physical health.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
u2RlRwF.png

Stare into the abyss and laugh, lest you go mad.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
We are all in this together. Humanity can come out stronger from this. Shouldn't have to dwell on all the negative.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For some reason it's fascinating to me more than anything. Things are breaking down. Huh.

I think it's a little bit perverse to be looking upon something that kills people with fascination, but that's what I feel at the end of the day.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason it's fascinating to me more than anything. Things are breaking down. Huh.

I think it's a little bit perverse to be looking upon something that kills people with fascination, but that's what I feel at the end of the day.
I feel the same. In a way, it's interesting to live during a pandemic of this type.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm absolutely terrified that my Mum might die because of this. I know that I'd probably be fine but there's a small, yet significant (to me), chance that she won't.

I just don't know what to do. Everything feels like it's tumbling down and I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Life has consistently shown me that when you expect the worst, the worst is likely to happen, and frankly that's what I see happening here.

If only Nintendo could give us a damn Direct or Sony could reveal the PS5 or something. Someone please just give me something to look forward to other than the death of my only parent, the breakdown of society and god fucking knows what else.

I honestly don't know how I can handle a full year of this. I've barely handled a few days.

Fuck.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
What sucks even worse is that summer was upcoming.

People (myself included) were looking forward to holidays, nights out with friends, the olympics and the euros, and so many other events and parties, movies etc.

All pretty much cancelled.

But guess what isnt cancelled?

Work

-_-
You know, going to work is actually helping keep my mind off all this shit. Which helps because I have mental health issues.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm preparing myself for getting it (Given I work in a major city it's increasingly becoming more likely), and I'm trying to train and eat well like MAD so that if I get it, I can come out the other side without any lasting problems. The thought of getting problems the rest of my life is what scares me the most, outside of worrying about my family and friends who are older. I rarely get the flu or colds as it is which makes me think I'm going to suffer badly.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I feel bad for the elderly who are more susceptible to this.

Except the two old guys at Walgreens buying up THE REST OF THE HAND SANITIZER and then decided to proudly thumbs up each other over their MAGA hats.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They just banned all events over 250 people in Alberta Canada so 100% I'm unemployed now for the foreseeable future.

More times for games I guess?

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Heartbreaking on campus today. Just got the official notice that campus will not be open for the rest of this semester after spring break. Seniors are devastated. So hard realizing this is goodbye to them for real, just outta nowhere.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
It's sad that we have the resources and know exactly what to do to contain this and prevent many deaths, but we elect idiots and greedy people that stripped the systems and of all the safety nets that we need in place.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Disasters, calamities and wars happen. It happened for every person, in any age and every place. It's part of life that horrible things sometimes happen. There are people around the world who suffer from war and famine. Terrorism. World wars. Genocides. Recessions.

That's part of being alive here on Earth. Disasters happen but life is still worth living. Our generation needs to rise to this challenge.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i agree with the sentiment :/

i don't like this. its so surreal, and comes at the worst time..

i also happen to work in a hospital where the infected are starting to come in, a lot of my coworkers have been in contact with them already, its gonna be my turn maybe tomorrow or next week. i just hope i can use the protective gear properly, we've had barely any practice...

Mar 29, 2018
Everything fun is getting cancelled. Events, travel, movies, sports, I can't even think of it all. On the one hand these aren't the important issues (other than their huge economical affect), but it really adds up when put on top of the uneasiness of the virus.
On the plus side, more time to game indoors and with friends online? That's cheap AND fun

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
This situation is the scariest if you are broke.
I need my job to pay for my monthly expenses, and I can't afford to not work.
FML.

Oct 28, 2018
Yeah it's depressing. Feels like life is on hold for the time being with no end in sight. Just cooped up indoors doing nothing more than surviving. Not a way to live.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Yeah I'm not afraid of anything related to it but it's definitely depressing. The timing is so shitty for me too.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. This would be really helpful.

A place to ease fears and provide comfort about this specific topic.
Staff is currently working on this and pulling together resources. If you have any suggestions about what to include please feel free to PM me.

OP
OP
Shining Star

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019