• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Sorry for another coronavirus thread, I was just getting a little bit sad about the whole thing and I'm venting. Everything getting cancelled, quarantines, travel bans, everyone has to worry about getting themselves and other people sick. I don't think it's scary it just sucks that everyone has to deal with it and it's sad. That is all.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
Yeah it fucking sucks. Ive been in Europe since last Friday and in those few days shit has hit the fan. I am constantly skeptical of everyone around me. I panic when I hear a cough, and when someone coughs around me without covering I have to restrain myself from acting out.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, I'm less panicked and more a bit depressed about it. It's like you can't see other people as comfort because of what's going on. I get it. Kind of reminds me we all need to be more supportive of each other even through text because we still have that?

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The most sad thing is that we dodged this bullet at least twice in the last 20 years and we've still been caught with our pants down

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What's sad is how poorly it seems this whole thing continues to be handled. Humanity wasn't ready for something like this when we probably should have been.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
This is obviously going to be a terrible next few months (or longer), but try to look on the bright side - this is going to hopefully change society in some positive ways:
-increased awareness of disease/virus/whatever transmission and the need for everyone to be more sanitary
-industries that generally do not provide workers with sick leave will likely be forced to start providing it for public health (food service, retail, etc). I am guessing this is mostly an American issue.
-decreased stigma around calling in sick to work when needed
-acceptance that many jobs can be done at home, or that we do not need to have as many in-person meetings and can do just as much through online means

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Everything fun is getting cancelled. Events, travel, movies, sports, I can't even think of it all. On the one hand these aren't the important issues (other than their huge economical affect), but it really adds up when put on top of the uneasiness of the virus.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
If I'm being frank here, it put me in higher anxiety and suicidal thoughts recently.

Hell, I ain't sure if I can handle staying at home any longer until it dies down. Assuming it dies down, of course.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm consistently pissed that i have to come to work while my employer has said fuck all about the virus or their plans

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to feel like a right dickhead if my non English speaking grandmother (78) dies from this or from other issues due to lack of healthcare before I could get fluent in her native language. I've never held more than a superficial conversation with her, she's lived a rough life and only get to go and visit her country once ever couple of years.

At the very least use this time to do shit you've been putting off of that's possible. who knows what the other side of this will look like.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully will be a temporary blip in the wheel of time. Things will suck and change for a little while. Make sure to take care of yourself physically, and especially mentally. Take breaks from here and online in general, it can wear you out very quickly and take you to some dark places.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The most sad thing is that we dodged this bullet at least twice in the last 20 years and we've still been caught with our pants down
This.
What's horrifying is not the disease, but the fact that something as "simple" as a "more serious type of flu" can bring our countries to a total standstill.

OP
OP
Shining Star

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Yeah it fucking sucks. Ive been in Europe since last Friday and in those few days shit has hit the fan. I am constantly skeptical of everyone around me. I panic when I hear a cough, and when someone coughs around me without covering I have to restrain myself from acting out.

Someone in front of me in the store coughed and I just spun around on reflex to get away from them. I felt really bad about it.

Yeah, I'm less panicked and more a bit depressed about it. It's like you can't see other people as comfort because of what's going on. I get it. Kind of reminds me we all need to be more supportive of each other even through text because we still have that?

Good post thank you.

Nioh 2 releases tomorrow! Let's slice some Oni up and put our worries to rest!

Nooo I need Animal Crossing...

Oh there's a pandemic? I didn't know since I hadn't seen a thread about this yet.

I'm sorry I know people know already.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It will pass.

let's do what we have to do for now and just hope it ends sooner rather than later.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
yeah it sucks. people have died and more will. it's sad, yes.

but we will get it dealt with and move back on with our lives. stay positive :)

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
This is obviously going to be a terrible next few months (or longer), but try to look on the bright side - this is going to hopefully change society in some positive ways:
-increased awareness of disease/virus/whatever transmission and the need for everyone to be more sanitary
-industries that generally do not provide workers with sick leave will likely be forced to start providing it for public health (food service, retail, etc). I am guessing this is mostly an American issue.
-decreased stigma around calling in sick to work when needed
-acceptance that many jobs can be done at home, or that we do not need to have as many in-person meetings and can do just as much through online means

Ah, yes...

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm consistently pissed that i have to come to work while my employer has said fuck all about the virus or their plans

This is the main thing. Profits are or are going to be skyrocketing in the grocery business, so my corporate overlords are currently trying to figure out how to squeeze this situation for all it's worth at the expense of it's workers. My multi hundred billion dollar chain hasn't even reached out with temporary adjustments to sick leave or pay.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
u2RlRwF.png

Oct 28, 2017
This is the main thing. Profits are or are going to be skyrocketing in the grocery business, so my corporate overlords are currently trying to figure out how to squeeze this situation for all it's worth at the expense of it's workers. My multi hundred billion dollar chain hasn't even reached out with temporary adjustments to sick leave or pay.

Are people going to be eating more food because of coronavirus? Everybody poops so that toilet paper is going to get used eventually. Prices would go up if supply becomes an issue but that'll get passed on to the consumer.