• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
It'll never end. Which is why Gon meeting his Dad (the original goal) was good.

Hopefully Kurapika can get the final eyes and the Spiders will get dealt with in the next decade. Not too interested in anything after that.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Togashi is going to live to finish Hunter x Hunter. In the event that he does end up getting too sick to finish I hope he puts together his plans for the story in some kind of bible and passes it off to a successor or two the way Toriyama passed off Dragonball to that nerd that does the Super manga.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
hunterxhunter.fandom.com

Chapter 345

Signature (署(しょ)名(めい)()()()()()()()(), Shomei) is the 345th chapter of the Hunter × Hunter manga, written and illustrated by Yoshihiro Togashi. Gon talks to Ging on the phone and informs his father that he is not able to bring any aura out. Ging replies to this by saying that while his (Gon's)...

June 30th 2014, so over 6 years.

God, that just hurts my soul. Like seriously

I'm in the small camp of people that think Togashi should have just ended the series after he met Ging, that was a focal point of the series starting out after all. Of course I want more HxH like the next person, but having it dangled like a carrot on string, only letting you get a tiny nibble every few years, just is shitty. If he wanted to write even somewhat regularly, great, but if he knew he's wasn't going to do it even remotely consistently (and let's be real, he did since he's been doing this exact thing forever now), he should have just ended it and not drag out fans hopes/expectations. It wouldn't have wrapped everything up but it would be better than being led on forever, hoping this year will be the time we get crumbs.

Call it entitled or what you want, but that's how I look at it. After going through this for nearly 15 years now, it can make you a bit jaded.

Last edited:

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Wait One Piece is ending soon?

I feel like Oda still has so much more story to tell.

Why do some of you believe we're in the endgame?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Reading at some post-Election arc spoilers, I think the 2011 anime chose the best place it could ever end at.

The manga's been a mess in recent times. Just walls of text, nearly unreadable.

Togashi should transition to a monthly manga, but even that is probably too much for him lol

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Been saying for years that Togashi needs to just finish the series up as novels/light novels... It's either that or get someone else to do the heavy lifting for the art.

That or never really finish the series, which you know, if he's fine with that, then so am I.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Togashi's married to Naoko Takeuchi, he should let her do the art, allegedly she already did some work on it. Release one chapter per month because I doubt she wants to to do this full time and get the series going again.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
In an ideal situation Togashi would write and let someone else draw.

It seems to me he always makes one volume worth of content ready, and then gives it to Jump to release.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
aC2jKnT.jpg
That debut date jump from 1998 to 2014 is a real indictment of their '00s output.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Hell, while not Jump examples, Hiro Mashima has started three whole series - and completed two of them - in the time that Hunter x Hunter has been going. They're not exactly short either.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That debut date jump from 1998 to 2014 is a real indictment of their '00s output.
That includes some high profile stuff like Bleach, Black Cat, Ichigo 100%, Eyeshield 21, Death Note, Gintama, D.Gray-Man, Bakuman. Just stuff that didn't run 20 years. Naruto and Prince of Tennis also are large parts of their 00s output as they started in 1999. Their start of 90s output looks weaker than their start of 00s output, although end of 90s was very strong. Their start of 10s output is what causes that gap, that is stuff that got canned a lot.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Without spoiling too much, if the Straw Hats come out on top of the current arc, there really isn't much above them in terms of power.

I disagree.

There are ways that Wano can be liberated without Luffy beating Kaido in a 1 on 1. The Kaido + Big Mom alliance could break down, resulting in the two of them actually having their big show down brawl. Then the marines might show up, further weakening Kaido. We could see the straw hats take down a very weak and worn out Kaido. Leaving Luffy and the readers with the knowledge he never would have won if Kaido was at full strength.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's kind of crazy that We Never Learn is now the fourth longest-running manga in Jump (if you exclude HxH). It probably has less than twenty chapters left, too...

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Off topic, but I'm so happy Dr Stone has so much more gas left in it. It's my second favorite weekly read behind Chainsaw Man. (Everyone read chainsaw man damnit!)

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
The whole discourse around this is so dumb. Let creator's make their own art at their own pace. The quality of HxH speaks for itself and I'm willing to wait however long it takes for Togashi to maintain that quality.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There were tons of big series during that time, it's just they tended to not go on forever. Super long series like One Piece and Naruto were never actually the norm in the first place, they've always been an anomoly. It's just that as this stuff was starting to get a signficant following in the west we had three such anomolies running concurrently

Megapighead

May 2, 2018
I wish Togashi would be comfortable with the idea of taking on a story supervisor role and letting other people create it (whether in manga or anime form).

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know Togashi has heath problems, and it's his creation, but as a fan I wish he would just draw the names/storyboards and let another artist take over.

Beyond that, I hope he's doing well.

Hunter x Hunter has been a great ride and if this is all we get - I'm fine with it.

IceBringer

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree.

There are ways that Wano can be liberated without Luffy beating Kaido in a 1 on 1. The Kaido + Big Mom alliance could break down, resulting in the two of them actually having their big show down brawl. Then the marines might show up, further weakening Kaido. We could see the straw hats take down a very weak and worn out Kaido. Leaving Luffy and the readers with the knowledge he never would have won if Kaido was at full strength.
Yeah I agree with you
i have serious doubts that even just one of the yonko (kaido) will be beaten this arc. But both of them? No way is that happening. Luffy and crew will still have many opponents above their level after this arc

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I think Togashi has overwhelmed himself with the current succession arc.

There are far too many characters and moving parts to it, and this isn't even a vital arc, it's just the journey to the dark continent which I imagine is going to be it's own arc too.

To top it all off Leorio, Killua and Gon aren't even part of the arc and don't seem to be travelling to the hard to reach Dark Continent.

I doubt Togashi will complete it at this rate.

If it was releasing chapters regularly i'm sure i'd have hope for it though.
What? Leorio is on the boat...

Gon and Killua could eventually become involved via Alluka.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Huh, didn't know Hunter x Hunter wasn't a finished series. There's a couple seasons of it on Netflix that I finished already.

Deleted member 14312

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree.

The resolution of the current arc (or even the lack thereof) won't really change the fact that One Piece has finally started to elaborate upon and reveal information about the primary mysteries and plot threads that have only been teased/hinted at throughout the entire story, and the story progression is now actively driving towards finally bringing them all into play. It might take a few more years to actually get to that point, but One Piece is now resolving more loose ends than it introduces.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly he might be I can't remember, there's so many characters introduced and focus on the princes that it's hard to keep track.

That and it's been like 2 years since the last chapter.
He is. He's just off-screen handling all the medical care with the Dog Zodiac

The lack of screentime for Leorio is a good thing because he's probably the only character who won't be slaughtered on the boat or dark continent.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
For me it was over when
he met his dad.]
If we are lucky we'll get one tome every 2 years now, unless he get someone to draw for him.
Adult Gon exploring the dark continent with Kirua is just a dream right now.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Which chapter is the One Piece anime atm? I stopped watching after Marineford because the fish man island arc was boring af.