• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen this before:
3XKG9Gp.jpg
I guess this just shows what happens when a single high paying industry dominates a region.

By comparison, this is LA:

Context: Google, Facebook, Apple, and all major tech companies have instructed their employees to WFH next week and the rest of this week.

Last edited:

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is due to more people telecommuting with the outbreak? Maybe WFH being more common(and thus helping the environment by keeping cars off the road), will be an unintentional upside to all this.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
So Google tells everyone to stay home and roads are clear. I guess we know who contributes the most traffic now...

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Minneapolis isn't near that point yet, but driving the work the last few days has been a breeze compared to normal. Hopeful that means some of the cities are trying to get ahead of this.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Traffic is non existent on most city streets too in the area. I'm a block away from Apples Cupertino campus and over the last few days I've noticed the air is actually cleaner to breathe. And not a moment too soon as I'm suffering with a respiratory illness.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LA gridlock — all red. Still the best it's been in 20 years. Only a matter of time before someone steals a tank and heads to riverside county obviously.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm curious when Vancouver will echo this.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a blessed day. These past couple days, the BART has been pretty much empty. Hell, even at 5PM, there's space on the outbound trains from SF!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've only visited Seattle once, but I recall the I-5 being an absolute nightmare for traffic. Really weird to see it so open.

i5 is almost always a shitshow at Everett, then Edmonds/405 interchange area, then Northgate to Boeing Field then ALL OF TACOMA then stop and hoot reasonable to Portland.

I take weird pleasure in driving from Vancouver toSeattle around 3am because you can usually do 60-70-80* from Peace Arch to Seattle.

*70 is upper limit but I'm a firm believer in +5/10 over in dry safe clear conditions.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
North Dallas has been pretty calm for the most part in the mornings. Afternoons can get a bit rough though.