• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you call ResetEra?

• ResetEra, the correct choice.

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • resetera, the stylized choice for stylish members.

Votes: 49 26.8%
  • I'm a busy modern parent and my time is money, so "era" is great when I'm on the go.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • ResetEra has many names, but chief among them is "home".

Votes: 32 17.5%

• Total voters

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Keep seeing this on both sides of the forum and in hangouts (PoliERA instead of PoliEra, ParentERA instead of ParentEra, Asian ERA instead of AsianEra, etc.).
Is there something I'm missing, or are these all just incorrect for the sake of it?
It doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things, though it does tug at my OCD a considerable amount (enough to make this thread out of being perturbed).

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
logo-color-dark.svg

?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inaproppriate Language/Meme
nah. it's Reee

EDIT: lolwut. didn't know this was offensive. the more you know.

Last edited:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The only weird thing to me is when people write ERA since it isn't an acronym.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I like ERA. Works better in titles specifically like OTs. I think you're going to have to get used to it.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
All of the content creators, myself included, (thanks for the ParentERA shout out) set up our threads on day 1. Most of us were looking for uniformity to the other Hangout threads.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
OP... I'm not sure how you imagine this thread going... But seriously.... Stop. It's not a real word, and the community has accepted all of those interpretations. You aren't even one of the people who made the site who might actually need to care for copyright or other reasons (like Velcro with it's hook and loop crap they tried to pull a few years ago)

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
OP... I'm not sure how you imagine this thread going... But seriously.... Stop. It's not a real word, and the community has accepted all of those interpretations. You aren't even one of the people who made the site who might actually need to care for copyright or other reasons (like Velcro with it's hook and loop crap they tried to pull a few years ago)
It's two words combined and he's 100% right in the grand scheme of things (which don't matter).

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much you know about ResetEra but I am an expert.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The only times it makes sense to play with the formatting on the "Era" portion are threads like LGBTQera so as to not conflate important letters of an acronym with the formatting of the site.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I don't know how much you know about ResetEra but I am an expert.
ResetEra users just shot themselves in the feet.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about text formatting culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in logo design where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw a name up in plaintext, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the ResetEra mods, after hearing about this, are not going to want to update the forum for either side, nor will they approve any of Era's OTs. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Era users have alienated an entire admin and mod team with this move.

Era, publicly apologize and use ResetEra instead of ResetERA or you can kiss your forum's upkeep goodbye.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
This is what keeps you up at night? This? This is what you have an issue with? This?